How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 03-21-2002, 09:14 PM
92_SVX_LSL

Hesitation in Acceleration

When i accelerate sometimes my car seems to hesitate, like i will pull out and it won't go! So i floor it and it still wont' go, it just go to about 5000 RPM and doesn't really go at all. I took it into the shop but they are brainiac's so they don't know what it was. What could it be? Any ideas?
Old 03-21-2002, 10:46 PM
Doogie

I don't know if this is the same issue as you, but whenever I stomp on the gas, it literally takes 2 seconds before it will start to accellerate. I step on the gas and it will sit there like nothing happends, then all of a sudden it will take off. This only happens from a dead stop.

It even does that when I go into position 1 and gas it.
Old 03-22-2002, 01:25 AM
92_SVX_LSL

yeah...mine doesn't do that...but it does stall really bad....mine will do it when i'm moving....like i have to step on and then it would down shift and then it picks up better....i don't know what the problem is but it gets old fast.
Old 03-22-2002, 08:24 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
I have this problem also.

You punch it and the RPM's jump way up, but it's like it you're driving a manual trans. and kinda riding the clutch.

I've heard that this could be TPS issue, and if not resolved can become a serious tranny issue.
Old 03-22-2002, 09:24 AM
sith

Quote:
Originally posted by Doogie
I don't know if this is the same issue as you, but whenever I stomp on the gas, it literally takes 2 seconds before it will start to accellerate. I step on the gas and it will sit there like nothing happends, then all of a sudden it will take off. This only happens from a dead stop.

It even does that when I go into position 1 and gas it.
doogie - that sounds exactly like the sort of thing described in the resistor crush TSB. Check out the archives for info, but basically if you're willing to pull your ECU and smash to bits (well, in a more controlled fashion) a resistor, yoour problems should go away.

-Colin
Old 03-22-2002, 09:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
It's a noise suppressor and barely looks like a resistor. It's more like a ball with a piece or wire stuck through the middle of it. You can accomplish the same thing by soldering a jumper across the two ends instead of crushing it. That way, it can be undone if necessary.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally posted by sith

doogie - that sounds exactly like the sort of thing described in the resistor crush TSB. Check out the archives for info, but basically if you're willing to pull your ECU and smash to bits (well, in a more controlled fashion) a resistor, yoour problems should go away.

-Colin
Old 03-22-2002, 10:32 AM
Doogie

I'm willing to do anything as long as I have atleast a little idea of what i'm supposed to do.

How do you guys know this is the problem?

Would this be an easy problem for me to fix? As long as I have some basic instructions I should be able to figure it out.

Oh and I can't find anything about it in the archives, i'd really like to get this fixed this weekend considering i've got nothing else going on.
Old 03-22-2002, 06:37 PM
sith

Check out:

http://members.tripod.com/quick_svx/.../42748814.html

otherwise, search for "resistor crush" here, or in the archives do "resistor AND crush" (both without the quotes of course).

Hopefully that'll get you going in the right direction ... I'm stuck on a modem right now (arrggg), so I dun really feel like trying to search around. I'm sure you can find something if the TSB doesn't give you the directions you need...

-Colin
Old 03-22-2002, 07:50 PM
92_SVX_LSL

mine doesn't like not move it moves but it wont perform like it is being held back, then it shirfts really fast. it only does this once in a while. but i don't know what it is. someone said that my injectors may need some work but i don't know and i don't want to send it in to get those worked on and then that not be the problem. i already had my fuel filter replaced and that didn't help.