How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets

Old 05-01-2002, 06:30 PM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
Bahhh, I will just borrow the pop duke's hand held CB, that way we can talk if we have to on the way up. I don't know who is going to lead, but if you are going to miss an exit, I'm not gonna fly up and around you to divert you into it. We will just put the cb's on channel 5 and go from there.
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.
Old 05-02-2002, 04:32 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
That for me?

<<Jack, let's meet somewhere along the way.. email me at alacrity024@yahoo.com and we'll figure out details. I'll be coming from......rindge. I can get myself to 119, 2, 190 or 290.. >>

Adam,
was that reply to me? I'm Jeff. Jack (santana) will be coming from the South I thought, though to be honest I can't remember where he's from.

Channel 5 is it.

To arrive at Webster by noon I'll be hitting 190S from Leominster around 11am. It's 38 miles south from my place. Mapquest says 42 minutes, but I know I can do it in 35 minutes.

This is gonna be great. We have so many 'new' people here now.
Old 05-02-2002, 08:17 AM
Green95hoe

weather is looking pretty good for sat as well. Too bad today is crappy out
Old 05-02-2002, 08:33 AM

weather

ya...I know. I'm gonna have to clean her up Sat. morning...
Old 05-02-2002, 12:11 PM
alacrity024

Jeff-

Yeah, sorry, I get you & Jack confused.. you know, four letter monosyllabic names that start with J and all.. anyway let's hook up somewhere along the way. Nothing in the world is more beautiful than an SVX at speed... except TWO SVX's at speed

-Adam
Old 05-02-2002, 12:14 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024
Jeff-

Yeah, sorry, I get you & Jack confused.. you know, four letter monosyllabic names that start with J and all.. anyway let's hook up somewhere along the way. Nothing in the world is more beautiful than an SVX at speed... except TWO SVX's at speed

-Adam
Or 30+ at speed.

(Trying to fan the flames to increase the numbers )
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-03-2002, 12:20 PM
TapperManor

I'm excited about the meet tomorrow!!!!!!

Hoe-- Its a small world, pretty cool you were in Ludlow this past weekend. Have you ever been skiing at Okemo?

Jeff-- It would be cool to hook up for the drive down......I'm just not sure when I'll pass through your neck of the woods.......so I'll see you down there! (ps I don't have a radio)

David-- You can really take the XT, the wife says its gotta go! It ran when i parked it a couple of years ago. But it has its problems..leaking gas lines and tank, nonexistant muffler, interior OK and looks pretty good. This car rocked in the snow, I could go anywhere. I just sold my XT6 to buy my SVX. I really, really liked the XT6, but am very happy with my upgrade to my SVX.

Adam-- Good luck fixin your brakes!

--------------------------------------------

See ya'all there
Ken
Old 05-03-2002, 12:26 PM

You'll be going right be my place

<<Jeff-- It would be cool to hook up for the drive down......I'm just not sure when I'll pass through your neck of the woods.......so I'll see you down there! (ps I don't have a radio)>>

Ken,

Check you email that I just sent you

Jeff
Old 05-03-2002, 02:29 PM
TapperManor

Re: You'll be going right be my place

Thanks Jeff!

See ya tomorrow!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by jscorse
<<Jeff-- It would be cool to hook up for the drive down......I'm just not sure when I'll pass through your neck of the woods.......so I'll see you down there! (ps I don't have a radio)>>

Ken,

Check you email that I just sent you

Jeff
Old 05-03-2002, 09:16 PM
red95svx

MEET TOMORROW!!!!!

Gentlemen, start your engines!!

It looks like we're going to have a beautiful day for tomorrow's meet!

I will probably be there at 11:00 in case any of you show up early. I will have someone at the entrance to the dealership to hand out raffle tickets to every SVX as they arrive. Please stop and pick one up. As far as I know, there are 3 raffles: A gift certificate to the dealership, a detailing kit (car wash, wax, tire gloss, etc.), and 7 quarts of Mobile 1 10w30 and a filter. The raffles will be held just before we leave.

A quick overview:

12-1:30 Arrivals/BBQ

1:30-3:00 Drive/ Photo Ops

3:00-4:00 Tech Session/Raffles/Goodbyes

The times are approximate and may change.

Please refer to previous posts for directions. Should you become lost or have any other problem, or if you just have a question feel free to call the dealership at (508) 943-7070, or call me at (917) 375-9161. I will have my cell phone on all day.

Can't wait to see you all!!!!!

David
Old 05-04-2002, 04:00 PM
alacrity024

I need a change of pants

This past week has been the best of my life for a slew of reasons, and this was the perfect way to end it. I would like to thank David and his father for making it possible for us all to eat great food and talk to intelligent people while oogling each others' cars. Everything worked out fantastically and on top of it all, I got to take a WRX for a REAL test drive. WOW. I'll actually start a thread on my new WRX opinions sometime soon..

Again thanks to everyone involved..

Jeff I'm glad I got a chance to meet your wonderful family, and I wish you all the best. Ken I'm sorry, but you didn't win anything. Mike, your girlfriend's hot, but not as hot as your car. And David, I hope to catch up with you soon, but remember, it's not a race.

-Adam
Old 05-04-2002, 06:02 PM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
To my new extended family

Well, I would say that today was a day god made for me. I started it off with passing my test, and becoming a licensed engineer, Right after, I took the drive from the place I took the test straight to heaven. I don't know if any of you had a video camera with you, but brad defintely got some great shots. I am sure he will send them out. After everything that went on today, I have come to the conclusion that I was destined for my car. I bought it from a guy one and a half years after I saw it because he kept my BURGER KING NAPKIN. I told him I would take it even before I saw it because I knew it was an SVX and that was enough. I have not had any problems with it, and now I know why. What are the odds that the man (Jerry) whom worked on my car since day one for the origional owner, would be at the dealership and just happen to be the main tech, just happened to say the owners location of home, and just happen to remember his name so quickly, would soon find out that the car he spoke of was now under new management. MINE!!! YAY!!!
From what I hear that car has been perfectly maintained, and I intend to keep it up. One person who helped me out today, (you know who you are), made it even easier. I have not had such a great day for years. Thank you guys. It was great. As far as my girlfriend being hotter than my car, I don't think there is any comparison. They both, however, keep me alive. Neither is better than the other, and I hope you guys didn't mind her being there. Lastly, there were two people who helped me out major today. One of them lent me the radio. I tried to give it back but my bro started cryin like a baby, and I did the best I could. The radio is at the dealership in the office. If you didn't get it, tell me and I will call them and figure it all out. The second person gave me something towards the end of the meet to help me with that naughty ticking in the engine. Shortly after we talked about the rattling in the exhaust when you shut the trunk. Both of you, please either PM me or send me an e-mail at cb125boy@aol.com so I can tell you how I will repay you. I'll explain when I hear from you. Thanks guys, but I gotta go get my girl so I'll be on tonight. Later
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.
Old 05-04-2002, 07:09 PM
Boone

A fine day indeed.....
Old 05-05-2002, 11:05 AM
red95svx

What a great day!

The Webster Meet was a success!

First of all I want to apologize for leaving so abruptly yesterday. Adam (alacrity024) and I got to trest drive a WRX and we didn't think that everyone would leave while we were gone (Adam....I'm still smiling thinking about those corners we took!!!YEEEHAWW!!)

Thank you all for showing up. I had a blast! Perfect weather, good food, great people, nice drive, awesome cars=ONE DAMN FINE DAY!

Boomin' - you're welcome for the radio, check your PM's.
Jack - good to see you again. May your second tranny last longer than your first.
Jeff - very nice to meet you and your family. Hope to see you in a plane next time!
Adam - thank you for that very gooey test drive. I hope your pants are ok. I now realize that there is NO way I could ever beat a WRX.
Ken - thanks for driving all that way. It was nice talking to you. If you haven't heard yet, you didn't win (can I still have the XT?)
Boone - thank you for coming. I wish I had that leather!!!
Dan - thanks for bringing the only pearly. Those horns are cool!

Thanks again for a GREAT day!!

David
Old 05-05-2002, 11:35 AM
SVXPassenger143

Yesterday was totally awsum! I had a blast! It was pretty sweet to see all those SVX's all lined up, and of course the Tahoe in the back of the line. Unfortunately Mike and I dont get our pictures back until Monday, but I am sure that they will be posted for all to see. Cant wait to see how everybody elses pictues came out. We are going to have to start a few new threads to share them with everbody. Have a good rest of the week everybody....