Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Turbo Projects

Old 03-01-2006, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phast SVX
i hope you do. I need someone to race!
am i only one drunk on fat tuesday!!!!
No I started at 10AM (before my first class) I was tring to kill a half gallon of burrnetts 80 proof in 24 hours. It it was finished by 11pm when i started at 10PM the night before, but i did give out about 10 shots. But its still a new record for me.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:57 PM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Phast, Acc. belt covers you can get at the dealer for like $16 and about room for the guages in the cluster, there is a ton after you dremmel out the plastic. I had pics but I can't find them.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 03-02-2006, 10:32 AM
Don't screw with the Dragon

Send a message via AIM to Jade Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Jade Dragon
The idea i have for a TT design, is to mount the turbos on the underside, keep the exhaust tubes shorter. but i dont know if this will be harder. What do you guys think. will it be eiser to keep exhaust or charged air shorter?

1992 Pearlie (Pearl): motorsport exhaust kit (Wife's)
1994 Red FWD (Roxi): Custom X exhaust
Old 03-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
The best place to mount twins would be in the front fenders infront of the front wheels. Completely secluded from the engine bay... Thats the most ideal but not the only place to put them

Tom
Old 03-02-2006, 11:15 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
The best place to mount twins would be in the front fenders infront of the front wheels. Completely secluded from the engine bay... Thats the most ideal but not the only place to put them

Tom
thats an awefull lot of work for a little amount of boost. I mean there isnt gonna be any benefit in spool up time, in my setup i get spool almost isntantly. I can understand if your trying to build a motor wanting to go through all the work of working twins up, but for the purposes of 99% of people out there the single is the best route. Just think of the piping nightmare, you would have to go from one intake(the maf needs to pull both sides) out to 2, into both turbos, then draw the other sideback around, then a boost tube from the intercooler up to the engine!(i had a hard enough time with piping one turbo in and have the engine bay still be attractive)
I guess its just a cost/benefit analysis.
phil

Last edited by Phast SVX; 03-02-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:16 AM

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
I have a belt cover laying around in my garage. The only thing is that it has the letters "90k" in yellow marker on it. What is your address? I'll ship it out on Saturday.
Bobby
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 03-02-2006, 11:19 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie
I have a belt cover laying around in my garage. The only thing is that it has the letters "90k" in yellow marker on it. What is your address? I'll ship it out on Saturday.
Bobby
seriously, thats aweomse! how much do you want for it. You got a pm
thanks!
Old 03-02-2006, 11:25 AM

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Pm'd ya back. No worries about the Pay-pal though.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 03-02-2006, 11:52 AM
Now with Colder Air!

Send a message via AIM to Amazonparrot Send a message via MSN to Amazonparrot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phast SVX
thats an awefull lot of work for a little amount of boost. I mean there isnt gonna be any benefit in spool up time, in my setup i get spool almost isntantly. I can understand if your trying to build a motor wanting to go through all the work of working twins up, but for the purposes of 99% of people out there the single is the best route. Just think of the piping nightmare, you would have to go from one intake(the maf needs to pull both sides) out to 2, into both turbos, then draw the other sideback around, then a boost tube from the intercooler up to the engine!(i had a hard enough time with piping one turbo in and have the engine bay still be attractive)
I guess its just a cost/benefit analysis.
phil

Yeah, Def. because the way I see it, if Supra TT owners so often upgrade from TT to single than there must be something to it.
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Ebony Mica: Custom Cold Air Intake, Smallcar Shift Kit, ECUtune Stage 1v4, Flowmaster Exhaust, UR underdrive pulley, 4.11 gears, iRotors Drilled and Slotted rotors, Axxis Brake Pads, 18" Enkei Wheels w/Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S, 20% Window Tinting, K&N Panel Filter, Rockford Fosgate Sound System w/XM Radio, Removed Intake Resonator *SOLD*

2003 Subaru WRX: 2003 Impreza WRX (Aspen White); Vishnu Stage II; IHI VF-34 Turbo; Walbro fuel pump, STi Injectors, Vishnu Up-pipe, Down-pipe and Signature 3" Cat-back; Samco Intercooler hoses; JIC Coilovers; STi A-arms; Whiteline swarbar bushings; Stoptech 13" rotors w/4-piston calipers; Braided Steel brake lines; 17" Rota Wheels with 225/45/17 Falken Azenis (R-Comp).
Charlottesville, VA Represent! (voted #1 place in America to live!)

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Amazonparrot
Old 03-02-2006, 10:50 PM

that is true. The TT would be cool an all. but i dont think of any benafit at these low boosts. good points made. now when/if we can get some lower comp pistons that work. Hee heeeheee... big boost here we come

Old 03-02-2006, 11:11 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
To be honest I find it only foolish if you build a turbo SVX and leave it as is. For me, it would be a base to work from and build up further. Meaning with some lower compression pistons larger turbos and 50 shot N20 for spool. Big power is a lot of fun but it is never enough and always craving more

Tom
Old 03-03-2006, 12:29 AM

but thats just the world of car performance anyway. its the buisness of more

Old 03-04-2006, 01:02 AM
Own'eded

Send a message via AIM to curly2k3 Send a message via MSN to curly2k3
cost? still wanna do mine too? you have some more experience with the SVX set up so... wanna embark on mine like we talked about over the summer? Caus if you dont have interest I dunno, I might be selling caus a guy wants it supposedly so... might be buying a Skyline over Spring Break... RWD tho
Old 03-04-2006, 08:04 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly2k3
cost? still wanna do mine too? you have some more experience with the SVX set up so... wanna embark on mine like we talked about over the summer? Caus if you dont have interest I dunno, I might be selling caus a guy wants it supposedly so... might be buying a Skyline over Spring Break... RWD tho
Cost was about $2,300 without labor. I have really nice friends labor, had you gotte all the parts made, would have been atleast 2,000, unless you have friends! I dont even want to know how many hours i put into it, many long days and many more long nights. Also a lot of the parts were laying around the shop, so you can betch you could probably count on 3,000 in parts, unless you know someone in the business.
phil
Old 03-04-2006, 11:46 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
To be honest I find it only foolish if you build a turbo SVX and leave it as is. For me, it would be a base to work from and build up further. Meaning with some lower compression pistons larger turbos and 50 shot N20 for spool. Big power is a lot of fun but it is never enough and always craving more

Tom
ya, im ready to bump up to 6lbs I think its time to start saving for a gearset....
phil

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: