How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 03-13-2002, 04:22 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
I bought a '93 subscription before I bought my car ('94). I know, duh. I just thought I could help a few people out if I had the info in front of me. Same car in most respects.

Go to my locker, I put the diagrams in there. DO NOT mention that tidbit of info to them though.

Beav
Old 03-14-2002, 02:32 PM
svxpete

fyi - basics of power window controls

Well, thanks to all, and Beav for making the wiring diagrams available. It's easier to trace lines all over a page, than wires all over the car. Anyway, this is what I found, from those 2
pages anyway. There is a fuse (they say 15) which is for the PW relay coil. I assume this is activated by the ignition switch, and this closes a switch sending positive voltage, thru a circuit breaker (couldn't find where this is) to all of the window control switches. There are two connections on each window motor, and depending
on the switch positions, either end can become positive, while the other will then go to ground, making the window go up or down. In the off position, both ends of the motor contacts go to ground. When the lockout is on, the path to
ground is taken away for all but the driver's window. This is where my problem must be. I
ordered a new driver's PW switch and that should do it. Will update later. Haven't had a chance to look for the fahrenheit jumper position yet.
Old 03-20-2002, 11:22 AM
svxpete

celsius/fahrenheit jumper location

Well, one problem is resolved. Just for the record, should anyone need this info, remove the
driver side foot panel, exposing the inside fuse box. There is a bundle of wires about 1" in diameter going up and down, closest to the door opening. Look for 2 black wires that come out of this bundle and have a one connector spade plug/
socket that fit together. Put these together for fahrenheit, and unplug from each other for celsius. Voila. No idea why mine was disconnected, but having the 2 loose ends pushed out of the way, made it harder to locate.