Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Reading Meet

Old 01-05-2006, 08:36 PM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
I need specifics please

Are we just meeting at the hotel on Friday? What time? What are the events planned? Are we just going to hang out in a hotel the whole weekend? I need an address to mapquest..
Old 01-06-2006, 12:14 AM
jjcobra

SVXcess sent me this in PM when I asked almost the same thing. It's not detailed but a decent start
---------------------=======================------------------------
Friday, April 21, 2006
Members will start arriving from noon on on. Some will go get there cars washed or hang out to greet members as they arrive. Those arriving a little later will check into their rooms and sort of loosely congregate in the hotel or parking lot.

Saturday, April 22, 2006
Most members will have arrived by now. Some will have left work on Friday and driven long distances, arriving throughout the night. depending on when you go to bed on Friday, you will always see more SVX's when you get up than you saw when (and if) you went to bed. Saturday's events usually wind up with a large dinner and hanging out in the parking lot or bar until the wee hours of the morning.

Sunday, April 23, 2006
Breakfast, last minute get togethers and checkout around noon. Eventually everyone leaves and heads home.
---------------------=======================------------------------

Address to the Hotel so you can mapquest it.
Holiday Inn
MORGANTOWN/PA TURNPIKE EX 298

6170 MORGANTOWN ROAD
MORGANTOWN, PA 19543
UNITED STATES
Old 01-06-2006, 06:51 AM
Siren of the Pleiades

Send a message via AIM to SUBBYRU89
Mapquest blows for this information. If I'm remembering correctly last year many memebers were taken a longer route then necessary (quest gives some type of crap about taking turnpike just to swing in a loop back to exit 1). Either myself or someone familiar with an easy route will post up info.

Smiles,
Melis

Psssttt Michelle..let me know if you got my "donation".
'89 XT6 Pearl White~JuiceBox (Project)
'92 SVX BoverP~Peej (Down for the moment) 1st Stage II trans installed by AWD,15 & 20 min mods,...
Old 01-06-2006, 10:59 AM
jjcobra

well the problem with mapquest and pennsylvania is that the guys that made all the roads in Penn. were failures of engineers and have designed all the roads back@$$wards (actually all engineers that design roads, are failures of engineers no matter what state they are employed by). Don't deny it, you guys get rated in the top five of worst roads consistantly. If I worked at MapQuest I'd be confused too. I look at maps of PA and im like... uhhh...how...wha... why's this highway got like 3 route numbers and 2 different sets of exit numbers on each side.

However I'm willing to look beyond that becasue more than likely I'll be moving to PA myself in the future .
Old 01-06-2006, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcobra
If I worked at MapQuest I'd be confused too. I look at maps of PA and im like... uhhh...how...wha... why's this highway got like 3 route numbers and 2 different sets of exit numbers on each side.

However I'm willing to look beyond that becasue more than likely I'll be moving to PA myself in the future .

Yep, if it weren't for the roads, the weather and the people, PA would be a great place

*disclaimer: I actually like PA
Old 01-06-2006, 04:31 PM
jjcobra

Actually I'd hafta say all of the people that don't live in Philly are nice people much better than all the people in CT who've been tainted by the jerk from NYC and Boston , I'm probably gonna end up somewhere down near where my college was, Millersville.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:46 PM

Hey now, as an ex-jerk from NY I resent that remark.....
Old 01-06-2006, 07:08 PM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
So there's really not much going on except a three day long hangout? Nothing wrong with that, just thought there was more going on besides drinking. (Absolutely nothing wrong with that either )
Old 01-06-2006, 08:04 PM
jjcobra

Next year we'll have to mod a SVX into a mobile bar the trunk would be a good sized mini refrigerator.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: