How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 06-03-2005, 09:22 AM
Certified Porschephile

F1 games for the PS2

I just picked up F1 Career Challenge for my PS2 used for $14.99 plus tax. It's made by EA and was the last F1 game they made. What bothers me is the control seems terrible compared to the game that came BEFORE it, F1 2002. Usually games get better, not worse. I can drive fairly well in 2002 and have won the championship in cars like the Toyota and Sauber. But in Career Challenge, it's close to impossible to drive. Turns are a wild chance at best. I can't figure out why EA didn't leave the driving the same when they added the career part.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:19 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_SVX
I can drive fairly well in 2002 and have won the championship in cars like the Toyota and Sauber.
Well, sure, that's because the cars are all equal in that game. You can win in a Minardi if you want. If they weren't equal (as they are not in real life) there'd be no reason to even put them in.

As for games only getting better instead of worse, I wouldn't expect that. I've been disappointed by many, many sequels. Developing a game is such a big undertaking that many factors can change between the original and the sequel. The franchise is almost always controlled by the publisher, and whether the developer is internal or external that franchise can go to another developer. I believe that's what happened to the F1 games, in particular. Image Space, in Ann Arbor, MI, used to develop some of EA's racing titles. Now they don't, and they're gone. Exactly why these things happened, I'm not really sure.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 06-04-2005, 10:06 AM
Certified Porschephile

In F1 2002 the cars were different. The Toyota was noticably slower then the Mercedes and BMW. I was so psyched to get Career Challenge, now I feel let down. I'm hoping they release another F1 title soon. Anyone play any other F1 games?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: