Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-18-2005, 06:51 AM

Next Uscc Contestant Subarusvx S/c

I really would like to see a svx in this contest.I'm sure a lot of other guys would also.My little two stage nos setup will give half of the contestants a fit,put in awd,a superchager and great handling,we may be looking at an upset.LONGASSNAME gets my vote!
Old 04-18-2005, 08:17 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
What is the "USSC" contest??

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
USCC = Ultimate Street Car Challenge. It's a competition put on by a Import car magazine that judges cars on several different catagories. Examples would be : dyno numbers, slolem, braking, comfort, emmitions, 1/4 mile times, stereo, looks, ect.

I dont think it would do well. Many of the cars are putting down over 400hp with major suspention and interior modds. An SVX would need a little more than just the stage III. Most of those guy's have about 50 to 80 grand in there cars.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:43 PM

Did you check out the last contest,one guy had something like 350 hp in a suby impreza which was the lowest hp figure but posted the second best 1/4 mile outrunning cars with twice the hp.Don't under estimate a awdsvx.If I had awd I could run a twelve,the svx has awesome midrange which make for some pretty impressive 1/4 times,take those 550whp supras on street tires and all you have is a low 13 second high mph car.I do think a stage three stock interior svx would rake up enough style and luxury points that it would finsh very high like top three.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poweredx2
Did you check out the last contest,one guy had something like 350 hp in a suby impreza which was the lowest hp figure but posted the second best 1/4 mile outrunning cars with twice the hp.Don't under estimate a awdsvx.If I had awd I could run a twelve,the svx has awesome midrange which make for some pretty impressive 1/4 times,take those 550whp supras on street tires and all you have is a low 13 second high mph car.I do think a stage three stock interior svx would rake up enough style and luxury points that it would finsh very high like top three.
Not only that but last year's winner was a 350Z making ~450hp. It didn't kill the 600+ hp Vipers, but it did well enough in each category to win it at the end.

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 04-19-2005, 06:12 PM

I think the largest factor besides the power issue, would be handling. Diden't allmost all the competitors lay around 1 G of latoral grip. You would need some very stickey tires, and need a complete suspension set up. Springs Konis, sway bars to keep up then have mthe driving skills for the road course. Maybe even some big ass brakes. Plus iam not sure the 4eat, or a 5mt would handle the burn out contest well.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
Not only that but last year's winner was a 350Z making ~450hp. It didn't kill the 600+ hp Vipers, but it did well enough in each category to win it at the end.

-Chike
Wasent that 450 hp at the wheels tho, which would probley be about 550-600 hp at the engine for a SVX to put down that much witha 5mt, or 6spd.