How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Reading Meet

Old 04-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Thank you everyone for another GREAT Reading

Another busy couple of days for me so I really didn't get to spend nearly enough time enjoying the fine company but I'd like to thank everyone for a great weekend. Of course some not so nice things occurred (i.e. my SVX is now in RI or hopefully is and Jesse's is at Jim's) but overall I hope everyone had as much fun as it seemed you all were. If not please let one of the planners know (Nubs, Bluebyu, Green1995SVX or myself). It can't be made better if ya don't speak up!!!

As for next year I definately know I will bow out of planning but hope that someone or someones will step in and give Reading a new fresh direction. Then I will get to sit back and enjoy myself.

Also an update on the autox. We managed only two of our 4 runs. The radiator gave out on my second run (thanks Tomsvx for the spare!!!) We installed the new one in a quick 10 minutes burning my arm with coolant of course in the process. Dave then got his second run beating my 2nd time by about .3 seconds. He parked it in the grid and again she was spitting coolant. This time from one of the intake manifold coolant lines that stupid me forgot to put a clamp on in our haste to get it up and running. After a very nice safety stewart bent over backwards the first leak to allow us time to make the repair we quietly began to pack back up.

Impressions of the car though were definately good... Handles amazingly without the extra weight. I'm told that on my second run I was on 3 wheels around every turn (something that is typically limited to VWs and Honda Civic hatches). The car had plenty of power and grip that I know we could've taken our class in the morning (not sure who ran in the afternoon though as we bolted soon after working our corners). I did loose about 3 seconds off the start my second and fastest run with a rich running flooding that kept me at a crawl off the line for a good 100 feet. We're hoping to have her patched up for good by next Sunday to get her back out on the track. This time at Hersheypark's lot! Hopefully, it'll be sorted enough that all the little issues that we missed are done! It'd be great to have it running the whole day!

Again, thank you and I hope everyone has or soon will make it home safely.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:26 PM
unkle worn

Send a message via AIM to sjlwel
Thumbs up Reading iiiiii (that's XI or 6 for the non-Larryites)

Benn,
You can't be serious about not running the next meet! (You didn't buy a Chevy, did you?) As usual, you and the planning crew did a great job. You even planned for good weather! Our thanks to all of you for providing us another opportunity to see our old "die-hard-love-the-SVX" friends who have attended all the Reading meets. We hope the enthusiasm of the younger folks lasts and that the engineers among us come up with an inexpensive, effective SVX fuel conversion kit so we can hook up to the rain gutters instead of the hi-test hoses. Thanks again for another round of good planning.
Sandy and Unkle Worn
(Green Phoenix and "flames")

Last edited by sjlwel; 04-10-2005 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:25 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Reading Report

Hi everyone, I had just logged on to find out if anybody had posted about Reading and"voila" here it is. Sue and I could not make it this year so I pretended it had happened last week. I'm sure that Randy will go on forever when he gets home. Take care, BOBB

P/S Took my SVX out for the first run of the season.She started instantly. She had been sleeping all winter with a BatteryTender keeping the volts up. "B"
Old 04-10-2005, 07:06 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
We'd like to thank Ben and all the other planners Nubs, Mike, Bobby, etc. for all their hard work. I'd especially like to thank Ben for the SVX racecar and the 'special cannoli dessert' at the dinner.

We both had a great time (as usual).
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 04-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
I would also like to thank everyone who organized and showed for the Reading 6 meet. I had a great time and I got rid of some of my spare parts. I was happy to donate my coil pack and radiator to the racer, you can catch up with me whenever Ben. I am not going anywhere and I would imagine you are not either. Good to put some faces to the names as this was my first Reading experience. Thanks again to all for allowing me to take my 1st real day off in 8 months and actually enjoying it.

Tom
Old 04-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Superbeast

A VERY big thank you to Ben for everything you did for me this weekend, and also to everyone else there to lend a push or a tool or a word of sorrow. I still had a blast as always, I hope we can find someone equaly as good at Rally planning for next year. I'm sure everyone who participated will agree that your effort in the rally was well worth our entertainment.

And just so you know Ben, your baby got me home without incident around 4:00 today. The tranny in that car is a ROCK, best shifting one I've ever felt. I'll take good care of it for you and maybe even check out a few other things on it for you.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 04-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Likewise, my thanks to Ben, Bobbie, Mike and Mike for a great Reading VI. Absolutely super!! Great to see see all the old friends and meet the new ones. And having Maria the speed nut there was iceing on the cake!! Super to see her again!

And thanks to all the folks that showed - looks like there was a final total of 38?

NOW..... where is the NEXT meet? John, Don, Ron and I are thinking we need a Snowshoe this fall somewhere in western Virginia or eastern W. Virginia. How much interest do we have?

BTW, check out the new thread regarding pics of Reading VI! I'll try to get titles on each this week - just wanted to get them posted soonest!

Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx
Old 04-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
I rolled out of Morgantown and made it home just a little before 2pm. Its always hard to leave Reading on Sunday morning; you just don't want it to end. No matter how early you get up and look out at the parking lot it is always a little emptier than it was the night before.

Anyway, there isn't much I can add except my sincere thanks to Ben, Mike, Nubs, Bobby and the rest for another successful meet. Each one is just a little different, with this meet being the "year of the cannoli and the young and nubile cheerleading squad"

I am looking forward to seeing all the photos of this meet, hopefully lockers will be up again.

Speaking of photos, can anyone direct me to the photo of the gray Passat wagon with the "SVX Windows" that was at Reading 4? I was searching for it but couldn't find it.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 04-10-2005, 10:12 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
It was a great meet. I've enjoyed every bit of the meet. Meeting both old and new faces always bring joy to my somewhat empty life. And like the rest of the guys/girls said, all the thanks go to the organizers. Great job guys!

For those of you that missed it, we (the SVX club) now have followers.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:•2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 04-10-2005, 10:32 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Sorry to dissapoint, Bobb, but I'm just too darned tired to go on forever tonight -- Rolled in at arount 10 local time which meant 13 hours on the road, with only a few stops. Didn't push it too hart -- cops were every-freakin-where. O'course the fact that I went east instead of west when I left Morgantown and the nearest exit was 15 miles down the road, and cost me an extra 75 cents didn't help matters -- did I mention I hate the turnpike? I'll go on forever tomorrow -- I took the day off work to recoup -- I may need medical attention for my sunburnt scalp.

So, I'll just say -- EXCELLENT! Ben, you apparently outdid yourself for your swansong -- I heard nothing but good about the rally (though I didn't run it myself), the food was great, and, as always, the company of the SVX family made my year. If I may quote Mike Davis once again, "Reading is my favorite holiday." Thanks also to Bobby, Mike and Mike -- I'll talk more later -- gotta....... go....... to . . . . . . ....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-11-2005, 04:40 AM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess
I am looking forward to seeing all the photos of this meet, hopefully lockers will be up again.

*Me Too*

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 04-11-2005, 04:53 AM
One teal and One yellow

Thumbs up

The SVX lovers' love is the SVX lovers' love.

I'm happy to read everyone's feedbacks even I was not there. The only time I went so far was Reading III. It was fun. I still have some good/strong impressions on some people I met. It's great to see the Reading Meet getting more interesting and stuff every year. I hope to be able to join the next one soon.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 04-11-2005, 11:50 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsvx

NOW..... where is the NEXT meet?

Harry
In NJ on June 2nd. check out the thread in upcomming meets. Drag racing !!!!

Tom
Old 04-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Tom,
Sounds INTERESTING!!!!!!!

Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx
Old 04-11-2005, 12:13 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Tom, the bad it is on a Thursday afternoon but I'll see what I can do. Depends lots on where I'll be working and when the kid desides to come out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: