Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2005, 11:13 AM
Locker Link Solution

Winter snow joke of 2005!!

well, the highway is closed and the plows have given up.

When I looked out the back this morning my cars were GONE!!!!
But then I realized they were just under all the snow when I got to the ground floor. It really isn't too bad, but the world around me is shut down, and I feel like making a big deal out of it.

Here is the only visible part of my svx...

My dock is in big trouble...

...I'm not gonna risk my life for a dock and a few stupid boats.

We live on East main st... the third busiest street on the island. If you drive to the end of 128 and keep going... that is the street you are on, here it is:

I quickly discovered that is is deeper than it looks, and damn it is cold.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 01-24-2005, 06:54 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
That poor SVX... if it were mine i would commit suicide before seeing it in this condition

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:34 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSpear
That poor SVX... if it were mine i would commit suicide before seeing it in this condition
Nah, they don't mind being buried in snow. Brush it off, drive it out. I dug mine out of the snow countless times in VT. I have to admit that it was never as bad as in those pictures, but it doesn't do the car any harm.

You must still have power and some kind of internet access. That's very, very good - especially living on an island. In MI I'd lose power if it rained.

My brother happened to be visiting friends in Plymouth, MA this weekend. He's probably not going to make it back to DC to go to work today.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 01-24-2005, 07:38 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
mmm but isn't the humidity out of snow can cause some damage of the electrical system or so... the car sweats from the inside isn't it?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:24 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSpear
mmm but isn't the humidity out of snow can cause some damage of the electrical system or so... the car sweats from the inside isn't it?
I've never heard of an SVX being damaged by being covered with snow. Granted it doesn't exactly happen everywhere...

...the thing is, it's really, really cold there right now. There's not a lot of humidity in the air. I think a rainy day would introduce more humidity to the car than the photo above.

No, I'm sure the car will be just fine.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 01-25-2005, 11:35 AM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Nah, they don't mind being buried in snow. Brush it off, drive it out. I dug mine out of the snow countless times in VT. I have to admit that it was never as bad as in those pictures, but it doesn't do the car any harm.

You must still have power and some kind of internet access. That's very, very good - especially living on an island. In MI I'd lose power if it rained.

My brother happened to be visiting friends in Plymouth, MA this weekend. He's probably not going to make it back to DC to go to work today.
Even when down town and the north side of the island lose power, my lights are still burning. I live by all the $10million dollar homes, so I believe that is why I have faster DSL and more reliable electric than everyone else. It all runs by my house to get to the point. The phone has only gone out once in the past ten years I have been here, and that was when they were upgrading the lines. Cable is the only thing we ever really lose. I guess I'm pretty lucky.

As for the SVX... It has been covered in snow many times, it never bothers it. As long as I can clear the front bumper I can pull right out of anything. There is no such thing as humid in these conditions. You can tell by exposing your skin to the air. My skin dries out soo bad if it is uncovered that it will bleed. I learned to start using lotion last year.

I hope your brother got home alright. This is the first time i recall ever seeing the state of emergence beacons on. I have 7 feet in my front yard, and 4 in the back. around town it looks like an average of 3 feet. Every street has snow piled up past the roof of my car on either side. Not sure what the rest of the state is like. I have to head over to north central mass Thursday after we get more snow and I'm heading down to boston in a few minutes, so I'll find out soon enough.

I'll be heading past "jcorse"(sp?) again Thur actually. He spotted me one time on rt 2 while I was staying at my girlfriends place for 4th of july. I was too embarrassed to admit it was me though. The weather will determine what I drive, so keep an eye out for:
-Passat 4motion w/dealer plate -light snow
-Legacy w/ dealer plate -icy
-Blue Liberty Limited G w/whale plates -snow w/no plows
That is me flashin my lights at your SVX
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?