How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-25-2001, 07:56 AM
Lowered SVX

when i was in college....

we lived in a pretty crummy neighborhood. i was driving a toyota tercel 89'. i had a really nice pioneer stereo and i actually upgraded the speakers too. bastard busted my passenger window, broke the dash, ripped out the wires, and even left the screw driver he used to break in on the seat. what an a$$! what was really messed up was that it was raining and glass was just everywhere. first and hopefully the last time i have to deal with that.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 10-25-2001, 08:21 AM
tat2skullz

Yeah, some people in the world seriously suck. I used to have a Jeep Wrangler, with the soft top. One morning on the way to work, I noticed a pizza sized hole cut out of my pass. window. The brilliant thief tried to rip out my stero, with no success, even though the face plate was not attached, so he apparently got upset and stole my electronic thermometer / clock. It was only a $10 item, but since the sensor was hard wired through the firewall, when he tore the display out, he broke the wire. All he got was a clock! Of course the plastic window ran me $190... grrrr

When I was living in NH, I was awakened by my neighbor and told that someone was breaking into my Camaro (no IROC jokes, please). It turned out to be 2 teenagers. They had pryed the lock out of the door to unlock it, and attempted to peel the column, but they bent the starter cable pulley. That was real luck for me, because had they known what they were doing, the car would be gone.
I went out the rear exit of my building, after calling the Police, snuck around the side, walked up to the car, to see the 2 kids trying to rip out my radio, and not paying any attention to what or who was outside the car. The pass door was still shut, and they didn't know that the lock was broken... hehehe. I kicked the drivers side door shut and basicly locked the two inside the car. They freaked! The kid in the drivers seat tried to get out, until he saw a 9mm pointed at him, and I told (OK, shrieked) them not to move, and not to even talk. Every neighbor's light in the complex went on, to see me pointing a gun at my own car! When the cops finaly arrived, they arrested them both, took my statement and called it a night... I miss NH. If I tried that here in NJ, I'd be serving some serious time.

Seth
Old 10-25-2001, 09:04 AM
Zombie

I had a camaro (ditto on the no IROC jokes) that got broken into in the middle of a busy grocery store parking lot in the middle of the day. They took my alpine deck and EQ and a HUGE speaker box (2 15"subs, 4 4" mids, and 4 1" tweets) that took up the entire back seat. The most annoying thing was that they messed up the T top latch, and it came out on my driving down the road.... it was almost cool to see that thing literally explode in my rearview mirror. I also had my 89 fullsize Blazer get broken into. The half shell was off, so they just reached and unlocked the door. They poped the hood, and stole my 14x8"k&n in a $100 aluminum housing. They were working on my ignition system when I interupted them, and they took off running. I ended up camping out in the blazer with my buddies Smith and Wesson untill it was time to put the shell back on. The thing about the blazer is that I'm pretty sure the people knew me, and knew what I had under the hood. Thats personal.
Old 10-25-2001, 11:33 AM
Lowered SVX

it is more than personal, it sucks.

i hate thieves more than anything. these are people who have no respect for themselves or anyone else. too damn lazy to buy their own stuff. what is really side is they are only slapped on the hand for doing it. no deterrent = repeat crimes.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 10-26-2001, 10:30 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Out of the closet

Quote:
Originally posted by Zombie
I had a camaro (ditto on the no IROC jokes)
Well this thread has certainly managed to bring out the ex "F-body" owners... That makes 3 Camaros/Firebirds so far

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 10-26-2001, 10:44 AM
Lowered SVX

my brother owned a....

1980 Camaro, blue with a 350. piece of **** beater but it ran and at the time that is all he needed. this car was seriously abused.
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 10-26-2001, 10:50 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Out of the closet

Quote:
Originally posted by MacGyver

Well this thread has certainly managed to bring out the ex "F-body" owners... That makes 3 Camaros/Firebirds so far
Sounds like a pretty good mix, once you throw in the '89 Tercel.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 10-26-2001, 11:29 AM
Zombie

This could be fun. I'm 24 and I have owned a LOT of cars. I paid for all of them myself, (ecxept the first one,, it was a gift from my brother who diddnt want it anymore)so no spoiled rich kid syndrome here......
1. 1977 K5 Blazer (pos My brother diddnt want it for a reason)
2. 1979 Trans Am: 480 hp 10.58 monster
3. 1985 s10 blazer (turd)
4:1983 Z28 Camaro (the one that got broken into)
5: 1985 K5 blazer: decent truck, I destroyed it.
6. 1969 Camaro RS: primer black, big back tires... potential, but rough.
7. 1989 K5 balzer: nice... sold it to my brother when I made a mistake.
8: 1986 subaru XT turbo. POS. tried to kill it, but it would not die.
9. 1964 Chrysler newport. Demo Derby car.
10 1989 K5 blazer bought back from my bro, blew the motor, installd 480hp monster from trans am, broke powertrain components.
11. 1997 Eclipse GSX: awesome car... took abuse very well.

Currently:
2000 Blazer ZR2 offroad package :I love it.
1992 SVX: a keeper.
Old 10-26-2001, 03:09 PM
Lowered SVX

hey zombie.....

i guess you like the chevy blazer, huh?
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 10-26-2001, 03:23 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Zombie
This could be fun. I'm 24 and I have owned a LOT of cars. I paid for all of them myself, (ecxept the first one,, it was a gift from my brother who diddnt want it anymore)so no spoiled rich kid syndrome here......
1. 1977 K5 Blazer (pos My brother diddnt want it for a reason)
2. 1979 Trans Am: 480 hp 10.58 monster
3. 1985 s10 blazer (turd)
4:1983 Z28 Camaro (the one that got broken into)
5: 1985 K5 blazer: decent truck, I destroyed it.
6. 1969 Camaro RS: primer black, big back tires... potential, but rough.
7. 1989 K5 balzer: nice... sold it to my brother when I made a mistake.
8: 1986 subaru XT turbo. POS. tried to kill it, but it would not die.
9. 1964 Chrysler newport. Demo Derby car.
10 1989 K5 blazer bought back from my bro, blew the motor, installd 480hp monster from trans am, broke powertrain components.
11. 1997 Eclipse GSX: awesome car... took abuse very well.

Currently:
2000 Blazer ZR2 offroad package :I love it.
1992 SVX: a keeper.

Hmmmmm. First of all, I've been driving for over 30 years and haven't had that many cars. Secondly, I'd never call something I tried to kill and would not die a POS. POS's die when you don't want them to . . . Kinda like my 85 Peugeot.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 10-27-2001, 12:50 PM
Zombie

Yeah, I'm a fan of the Blazer. I'm planning on building another one, to ARCA rules, so I can use it in compedative rockcrawling. As far asn the XT goes... it was a POS, and there is a reason I tried to kill it. The only things that consistantly worked was the fact that it would run and drive. even the lights were somewhat questionable. radio was a once a week deal, sometimes guages and dash, sometimes not.... I kept me entertained. I actually drained the oil and coolant just to try to lock it and make it go away. It would not die. As I look back on it, with all of it's intermittent problems, and the fact that it lasted 200 miles with no oil of coolant, I think it may have been posessed. I ened up putting coolant and oil back, because of how tough it was... I was impressed by it, but hated it anyway.
Old 10-28-2001, 03:29 PM
Vincent

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Someone broke into my SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

I used to have a Toyota pickup and the side window just behind the passenger door was removed from it with a crowbar once. The stereo (an inexpensive Kenwood CD player) was removed in much the same way, but with far more damage.

The worst part (even worse than having no music for three hours) was that I found the truck like this in the parking lot of the Amtrak station in Albany - three hours from home on a February night. It was about 15degF that night. I drove the whole way home yelling obscenities as I shivered.

I never got the stereo replaced - I just had the gaping hole until I bought the SVX that October.

I had had that truck since my junior year in high school, and it was the first vehicle I had the title to. It was my friend. I've never felt so violated as when I saw that window (intact - the only good news) laying there and realized that someone else - a stranger - had been where only I was allowed.

Of course, that was the second time the truck had been broken into. The first time was to steal my CB, antenna, the change in the tray and my Reese's Pieces. Bastards. They left the Fritos, though.
Bastards. Anyone know if that flame system for anti-theft down in South Africa is legal here? 'Cause the SVX probably catches every low-life-scumbag thiefs' eye driving by. Looks kind of like a Lotus or something from far away. Damn I want one!
Old 02-06-2008, 04:07 PM
aka sir_romeo

Send a message via MSN to kuroneko_sama Send a message via Yahoo to kuroneko_sama
i had to break into my svx once, couldnt slim jim it for the life of me...pissed me off too i had to lift the door handle with a coat hanger through the rubber seal overthe fixed glass...took me a few minutes

i had the car 4 days and didnt have the spare key made yet (always keep a spare in your wallet)

my jeep got broken into atthe mall of nh around christmas time... it looked like the jerk tried to pry my passenger door lock (yes the round keyhole) out with a screwdriver or something... failing that they got in using the small fixed glass in the front (smashed it out) they keyed my door (frustration for not being able to pry out my keylock???) smashed the pocket over my glovebox exposing the air vent channel (digging for gold??) and ripped off the cover tothe steering column oppositethe ignition removing my blinker switch.

all they got was the face plate from a 3 year old radio.

they left the cd changer, my mag light, cell phone, the $20 cash in my ash tray (ash tray was opened), my paintball gear, and the $250 dvd player (those were the days) i had bought my mother that still had the reciept in the bag with it.

on one hand im glad they didnt steal all my stuff

on the other hand its insulting to be robbed by someone so stupid

it took me 12 seconds to start the jeep witohut the key...just had to pull on the "ignition slide"

had to drive home in the sleet without a passenger side front fixed glass and only had high beams (no cars flashed me suprisingly)

worst part is the insurance company didnt total it. $4500 in damage on a jeep i paid 2 grand for and they fixed it!!!... unfortunately after the new steering column got put in the sensors and electronics kept failing one after another... i was forced to trade it in...

if there is a next time (and i pray there isnt) i hope i have a more courtious thief.

had the thief knew what they were doing theyda stolen it, joyrode it, looted it then dropped it in a quarrey or something... i woulda been up $4500 bucks (i owned it outright) and coulda replaced it and anything inside it with money to spare...

and not that its a contest... but i had 16 cars by the time i was 23 only one given to me (my first car)...(and one was "bought off my mom" for $500 bucks.... damn geo)
Car #26..'97 SVX Silver (120k and climbing)
previous SVXi:
Car #24..'94 SVX Ebony 216k (sold)
car #18..'97 SVX LSI "Ebby" Pearl 175k (sold)
car #19..'97 SVX LSI Brilliant Red 103k (sold)
car #14..'92 SVX Claret LS-L Touring (sold)
car #13..'94 SVX Laguna Blue LS (sold)

Last edited by kuroneko_sama; 02-06-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
I dread the day my car gets broken into. I do not keep anything worth value or possible identity theft items in my car. I would rather keep my car unlocked then have them bust a window tbh. The only thing worth anything is the Sub and amp I put in but I don't seem them walking off with that heavy sob. Also I wish them good luck trying to get my radio out. If you have replaced the Stock stereo you know what I'm talking about. In order to get it out right you have to move shifter into 1.

p.s.
Nice necro posting ^^; this is a very old thread.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 02-06-2008, 05:51 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Yeah, holy old thread...