How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-08-2003, 06:12 AM
henryb

Angry Stolen: '92 Black SVX

I would like to let everyone know that our 1992 Black SVX has been stolen from our driveway last night. We live in Whitby, Ontario in Canada. It has Ontario license plates: "D HENRY".

Apparently, they broke the window on the drivers side to gain entrance... reminants of broken glass left behind on our driveway.

If anyone has any information about this incident, please contact me ASAP. The last 6 digits of the VIN are 109462.

Thanks...
Old 12-08-2003, 08:27 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Sorry to hear that.

I'll keep a look out for a black SVX with that vin. ALso start checking Ebay for black SVX parts.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 12-08-2003, 08:48 AM
henryb

Thanks for the feedback about ebay. I will definitely keep a close eye on ebay!!!

If anyone else notices a string of SVX parts coming from the Durham region (East of Toronto)... such as: Whitby, Ajax, Pickering, Oshawa, Bowmanville, Uxbridge ... please don't hesitate to let me know.

If they are planning to dismantle it for parts... it would have been a parts guy dream... it was in immaculate condition... it looked like the previous owner never winter drove the car... the engine bay was perfect, no corrosion anywhere!... even the bottom of the car was spotless! Last year when I did the timing belt, every bolt cracked loose, just like it was built yesterday!!! I really hope the police can find it.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:23 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Put it this way, with so few SVXes around we'll know if parts start appearing.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 12-08-2003, 10:06 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Brent,

I'm really sorry to hear about your SVX. With any luck, it was just stolen by joy riders and not people looking to sell parts. Even though it's a 'flashy' car, it's not that big of a target for theft - there just aren't that many of them, so a stolen one doesn't go unnoticed like a Camry or an Accord.

I hope you get it back soon.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 12-08-2003, 10:51 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
I am so sorry to hear that, Brent. Hopefully the police will locate your car abandoned within a day or two. With any luck they will not have vandalised it too badly. An SVX is not a likely target for car strippers. It is more likely it was stolen for a good old fashioned joy ride.

My heart goes out for you though. Best of luck. Keep us updated.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.

Last edited by CigarJohnny; 12-08-2003 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:11 AM
henryb

Thank you everyone for all of your kind words, it is much appreciated. I too hope that it is located soon (without much damage).

Thanks again,
Old 12-08-2003, 01:33 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Gosh darn it! <witholding my typical, among friends, response>, this just burns me up!!! As if they didn't know that they'd be spotted quickly. As for joy rides, isn't that what parent's cars are for? (Not that I condone such things, nor, would I want my 15 year old son taking off in my SVX). Sheesh. If they're caught, beatn's too good for 'em.

Brent, hope you get 'er back soon and that the perpetrators are delt with in quick fashion.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 12-08-2003, 02:22 PM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
Damn, that sucks, man. If they head up north, I'll set up a sting operation and get your car back. Seriously, I hope this ends well and that they haven't abused 'er too badly.
Old 12-08-2003, 02:51 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Dude!!!! What the F**k is this?!?!?!? Mine got broken into two weekends ago and now another one, only this one was stolen?!?!?! Instead of "Tis the season to be jolly" I think they are looking at it like "Tis the season to piss off SVX owners" fa lalala, la lalala.... Stupid gay thievs!!!! Let me ever catch someone trying to steal something from me or someone I know... I don't care if it is my best friend, they will get the piss beat outta them!!!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 12-08-2003, 02:54 PM

dirty bastards, i hope they catch the creeps and hang them by their toenails!

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 12-08-2003, 02:57 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
dirty bastards, i hope they catch the creeps and hang them by their toenails!

Kelli

Gee, you're getting soft in your old age. Toenails?
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 12-08-2003, 04:53 PM
arondale

Yes, it sucks, but fortunately SVX make up less than 1% of the vehicles in your area and should be much easier to track down.

Ebay was a great suggestion. Also check the following and you will either a) get your car back b) catch that ******.

1) Check with ALL the surrounding Subaru Dealerships and window repair shops in search for an order for a SVX window and SVX keys/ignition units. I'm guessing that would require proof of insurance, finance, or title to so so. Chances are, if they are going to keep it to drive they will repair it and (which brings us to #2)..
2) Check with local paint shops. More than likely they will try and give the car a cheap paintjob to quickly change the color.
3) Also check with junk yards for your car. They might try and sell it for quick cash.
4) If they sell to a private party and you have filled out a report with the correct VIN #, it should be flagged and they won't be able to get insurance.
5) I'm guessing it won't end up in a used car lot b/c they won't have keys or a title!

Be sure to offer money for solid information, like $50-100 cash, and be very nice to every one you talk with. Give them an incentive to call you back. Buy a notepad and write down all the places you've called, times you've called, people you've spoken with, and any leads... it will be nice to have it all together.

Good luck.
Old 12-08-2003, 05:03 PM
ww111

Also keep an eye on traderonline.com and hemmings.com. It could have been "Stolen-to-order" I'd tell the local Subaru shops and the auto glass stores nearby as well. they're not going to drive around with a garbage bag on the car for long in that part of the world. Good luck...

Collins
Want a 92 pearlie?
Old 12-08-2003, 06:04 PM
henryb

I am overwhelmed by all of the great help that everyone has provided. Thank you all very much!

With all of the excellent suggestions, I will definitely follow-up... and with any luck, catch the culprits red-handed!!! Now that wouldn't be too satisfying eh???

I'll call local auto body shops or quick paint shop places. I have already called the local Subaru dealer to keep his eyes out for an SVX driver window order!

Thanks again, it is much appreciated!