Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2003, 09:15 PM

Question Who has the hardest to deal with dealer

OK, here's my story:

My closest Subaru dealer (Classic Subaru on Orange Blossom Trail in Orlando) wouldn't take a Visa card over the phone to order a part ($10 for the sleeve-lock regulator, a plastic clip that breaks in the power window up/down mechanism).

They wanted me to drive over, pay for the part, then come back in 4 days to pick it up. That means 300 miles total required for the two round trips - about 6 hours behind the wheel (at legal speeds) - and at least two half days off work.

I explained this to the guy, he put me on hold for awhile, and when he came back online said if I had a fax, then they would fax me a form I could fill out, fax back, and then they would take a Visa over the phone. I explained that I don't have a fax machine and my employer will not allow me to use theirs for personal business. He said I was SOL.

I ordered the it from Jason at 1stSubaru (along with a spare in case the other window clip cracks soon). Seems a trifle stupid to live in Florida and buy parts from Washington state. Oh well.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:22 PM

see i would have asked him if he had a paypal account, then i woulda asked him if i could send a check...or a certified check then i would asked him if they always make it this difficult for the customer...

don't you hate it when ppl are trying to sell you something then you have to go through flaming hoops to get it?

Kelli

wasn't there another place where you coulda gotten your part?
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:25 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
So far, I have great lucks with dealers. Including buying cars since I recentely got a new ride.
hehe..

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 04-30-2003, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
see i would have asked him if he had a paypal account, then i woulda asked him if i could send a check...or a certified check then i would asked him if they always make it this difficult for the customer...

don't you hate it when ppl are trying to sell you something then you have to go through flaming hoops to get it?

Kelli

wasn't there another place where you coulda gotten your part?
I figured, when he put me on hold after I explained the problem, that he came back with their best shot.

Maybe I just gave up too easy. But with a check it would have taken days to get there, and then 4 days for the part to come in and then me to drive over...all much worse than the 4 days Jason promised - delivered to my door.

The next dealers are 90+ miles northwest or 125 south. Didn't even try, but you're right, I should call next time & see how they react.

Solar are you reading this, I know you mentioned the Longwood dealer - are they OK?
Old 05-01-2003, 07:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
lee thats where my svx originated from => back in 92. they still rember the car. theres another subaru on 17-92 here also bill bryan

never used them i couldnt say its a verry verry small dealership. i was there 2 weeks ago looking at the wrx. never went tot he parts or service area though
Old 05-01-2003, 09:02 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
i think i still win with my pearly. 4 trips for an egr valve,they charged me everytime saying i wanted the parts(wrong ones) installed/removed when i came in. 2 weekes later key broke off in hte ignition and couldnt be fished out, i had to have the cartowed to thedealer and it took them over 3 weeks to fix it and tehy charged me 30 dollars for an oil change cuz they said i told them to do it!~
phil
Old 05-01-2003, 10:11 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
I guess i'm real lucky, I have no service problems with the Suby dealer that I now go to. The dealer that's 510 minutes from my house is another story. I listed him as bad after I had problems with him servicing 3 different Subarus (2 Outbacks and My SVX).
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 05-01-2003, 12:17 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
I don't think my dealer is the most difficult to deal with, but the last time I called them for parts (Monday) they actually laughed at me.

'What's so funny about wanting SVX parts?'

Wiping smile off his face, 'nothing....what do you want?'

What an ass.

And, yeah, I have to go and prepay for even $5 crap. What a load.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 05-01-2003, 12:29 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
As a follow-up, thinking about the parts guy laughing at me when I said 'I need parts for my SVX' pissed me off. So I just sent a really angry email to them.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 05-01-2003, 09:25 PM
Scott

Day auto where I got my car said they would fix my visor and get me a battery for my remote. They said they would call me when the parts came in. Needless to say they never called, never responded to emails, and had no idea about it when I called. Oh well, guess I will goto butler for the new 2030 subaru when it comes out.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:23 PM
Green1995SVX

Scott-

I recently started working at Kerven Subaru in Butler. Let me know if I can ever help you out with anything.

Mike
Old 05-02-2003, 06:47 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to svxqueen
I've had pretty good luck with Mike at Langston Subaru.
Old 05-02-2003, 07:01 AM
Porter

The ONLY place to go in Central FL for good service is Mastro Subaru in Tampa.

Pete Mastro is the man, a real enthusiast who will bend over backwards for you and makes sure his employees will too. Give them a call in the future, they'll take care of you.
Old 05-02-2003, 07:55 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

parts

i'm not surprised about the availibility of parts and having people prepay for them. the dealers have to pay for them before they get them and they typically can't return them for refunds if you don't come pick it up. then they are stuck with the part on the shelf for god knows how long because not many people have svx's. that's why i order directly from the places that take phone orders or internet orders like liberty subaru. no hassles. you can specify the way you want to ship them. although sometimes it'll take longer than expected because they have to get them from the distribution warehouses.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:09 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Porter
The ONLY place to go in Central FL for good service is Mastro Subaru in Tampa.

Pete Mastro is the man, a real enthusiast who will bend over backwards for you and makes sure his employees will too. Give them a call in the future, they'll take care of you.
Many of those who have been around here for a while know of Jeff Hall's experiance with Mastro. Mastro's service department ruined his engine (do a search for the posts). Then, after a fairly nasty fax/letter was sent to them, they agreed to replace the engine for him.

Check out my license plate frame:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...95SVX/5120.jpg

Mike