How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-17-2003, 12:23 PM
SKIP

military svx owners

is it just me or are there quite a few svx owners in the military?
Old 04-17-2003, 01:23 PM
Network Design Administrator

Its not you, I used to be in the USAF, and that was when I bought mine. There were 3 or 4 on my base in NJ...
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 04-17-2003, 02:53 PM
danrowski

Yo

I was also in the USAF when I bought mine. I was stationed at the AIA building on Kelly AFB doing comm and network support. Just recently got out and it seems I made a huge mistake. Job market sucks really bad down here. Probably sucks just as bad in other places. Oh well, what can you do? (besides move of course)

Peace and chicken grease,

Danny!
Old 04-17-2003, 04:29 PM

Smile Military

Proud to say that I have served my country. I was in the U.S. Army as 11B Infantry. I was stationd in Germany. With what's going on, I wish I was back in there for the fight. But when I was in the Army there is no way I could have afforded the SVX back in 1990-1993. Just remember, we owe respect to the people that died so we can live our lives as we want.

Hey Skip, what is your rank and M.O.S.? Just wondering. Ft Irwin, lucky you, NOT, heard about NTC out there in Cali, never been there as a grunt. The Rangers and people I have meet that have been there have told me their stories about that place. Do you guys have ever joint exercises with the Jar Heads? You should, just to prove once and for all,that the Army is better! LOL!!!! Well it should not matter, we are all on one side. One for all, all for one! Army, Air Force, Navy & the Marines!

Last edited by awdsvx; 04-17-2003 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:20 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Been to Ft Irwin and good old Barstow several times--starting from its first year of activation.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:27 PM

not in the military anymore (a viet nam era vet), but I work for the USAF as a civil service type - so one more parked (at least mon-fri) on a military base.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:57 PM
SKIP

LUCKY ME HAHA

Im an E-4 (specailist) and i am a 45B small arms repairman ( not armorer!) and yes we do joint ops with marines (some times with some times against) and yes we do kick there asses,but we know the terain out here. i bet if we went down to 29 stumps they would win. but its all just in fun. oh and i love it here,this is the best place on earth. sarcasm isn't it great

SKIPPY
Old 04-17-2003, 10:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to wynndi Send a message via Yahoo to wynndi
Representing the US Navy Aviation community here!

Old 04-17-2003, 10:47 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Retired Army here--Infantry Abn and other nefarious qualifications
Old 04-18-2003, 03:30 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
I'd like to thank all of you for deciding to put it all on the line and join the military. The military life is not easy.

I just want you to know that you decided to defend me and people like me. Boy, talk about your bad decisions !!!
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 04-18-2003, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wynndi
Representing the US Navy Aviation community here!
So many SVXes in this area of New Jersey, we could easily have a meet to rival the numbers of Reading I, only we could do it damn near every weekend...
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)

Old 04-18-2003, 07:16 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

everyone knows me already right??? .......... Well if ya don't my profile is pretty detailed...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 04-19-2003, 08:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to speedracer
was in the suck

Once a Marine always a Marine, or so they say. 8 years F.A.S.T Co. & Force Recon. Now a private contractor. Government checks don't bounce.
Old 04-19-2003, 08:39 PM
SVXdriver_007

I did six and a half years in the silent service of the NAVY I got out as a frocked E-6 (where the uniform don't get the pay for 6 months) I was also a Diver, ove half of my dive calss was Force Marine Recon. I respect anyone in the military it doesn't matter to me what branch. I just read soemthign pretty coll the other day You may have seen some of it in my signature, i apologize for the profanity....

MILITARY RULES FOR THE NON-MILITARY
Dear Civilians,
We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation have many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military. For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas we would like your assistance with:
1) The next time you see an adult talking during the playing of the National Anthem... kick their ass.
2) When you witness firsthand someone burning the American Flag in protest ... kick their ass.
3) Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these Veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these Veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a Disabled Veteran kicks their ass.
4) If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDU's), telling others that you used to be "Special Forces," and collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay if you were still seven. Now, it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked.
5) If you witness someone calling an enlisted Marine "Sir," stand back ... a Marine will kick their ass.
6) Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?" Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an ass kickin (children are exempt).
7) Roseanne Barr's singing of the National Anthem is not a blooper ... it was a disgrace and disrespectful. Laugh, and sooner or later your ass will be kicked.
8) Next time Old Glory prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her. Of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass kicking.
9) What Jane Fonda did during the Vietnam War makes her the enemy. The proper word to describe her is "traitor." Just mention her nomination for "Woman of the Year" and get your ass kicked..
10) Don't try to discuss politics with a military member or a veteran. We are Americans and we all bleed the same regardless of our party affiliation. Our Chain of Command, is to include
our commander in Chief. The President (for those who didn't know) is our CINC regardless of political party. We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important ildings where all those "representatives" meet. All we know is that when those civilian representatives screw up the situation, they call upon the military to go straighten it out. The military member might direct you to Oliver North. (I can see him kicking your ass already.)
11) "Your mama wears combat boots" never made sense to me, stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and probably kick your ass!
12) Bin Laden and the Taliban are not communists, so stop saying "Let's go kill those Commie's!!!" And stop asking us where he is!!!! Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds me ... if you see anyone calling those damn psychic phone numbers; let me know, so I can go kick their ass.
13) Bus Driver, Jar Head, Grunt, Swabbie etc, are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. Could get your ass kicked.
14) Last but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends please remember that there are, literally, thousands of troops overseas wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its ass kicked.

I liked rule 15 the most as I personaly speant way too much time away from and out of touch with my family. It always made me feel better that they could sleep a little easier because of what I was doing.
Old 04-19-2003, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXdriver_007

14) Last but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends please remember that there are, literally, thousands of troops overseas wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its ass kicked.

I liked rule 15 the most as I personaly speant way too much time away from and out of touch with my family. It always made me feel better that they could sleep a little easier because of what I was doing.
Where is rule 15... you peaked my interest...