Old 10-31-2011, 09:13 PM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX
Re: Good day everyone :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren View Post
links are really dead.

Keith
Sorry about that Keith. I liked their tech explanation, but bought my last set here; http://store.candlepower.com/hirlighting.htm

Sounds like Diablo has the goods.

Glenn

1993 25th Anniversary Edition #63 of 301. R.I.P. Rojo 7/24/2008 She saved my life!
1997 Ebony Mica Pearl LSI. BLACKBERRY
1998 5-Spd Legacy GT Wagon in Glacier White: NUBURU
2005 Cadillac STS in Sandstorm Metallic: STORMY

Veteran and farthest traveler of 1st SoCal2MuseumsMeet2010.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?RojoRocket

Last edited by RojoRocket; 10-31-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojoRocket View Post
Sorry about that Keith. I liked their tech explanation, but bought my last set here; http://store.candlepower.com/hirlighting.htm

Sounds like Diablo has the goods.

Glenn
Thanks for your help! Maybe he will respond tomorrow!

Thanks,
Keith
Old 11-02-2011, 05:04 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren View Post
How much for 6 of the Toshiba 9011 bulbs... with UPS shipping zip98443
(3 SVX's here)

Thanks,
Keith
I'll warn ya now, they are a bit more pricey than most bulbs. Let me get something together tomorrow while I'm at the warehouse and I'll shoot ya a PM Typically they run about $30 each plus shipping, but I'll get ya an exact shipped total tomorrow and make sure I have 6 of them in stock. These are the last of the Toshiba HIR's available, since Toshiba sold the rights to Philips and Philips has yet to produce the 9011 (AFAIK). Personally, the Toshiba 9011's are better IMO than the Philips ones...The Philips ones seem "cheap" to me (that is, cheaply made, mass produced bulbs), whereas the Toshiba's seem more "one off" and better quality.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloScoobyru View Post
I'll warn ya now, they are a bit more pricey than most bulbs. Let me get something together tomorrow while I'm at the warehouse and I'll shoot ya a PM Typically they run about $30 each plus shipping, but I'll get ya an exact shipped total tomorrow and make sure I have 6 of them in stock. These are the last of the Toshiba HIR's available, since Toshiba sold the rights to Philips and Philips has yet to produce the 9011 (AFAIK). Personally, the Toshiba 9011's are better IMO than the Philips ones...The Philips ones seem "cheap" to me (that is, cheaply made, mass produced bulbs), whereas the Toshiba's seem more "one off" and better quality.
Let us know!

Keith
Old 11-04-2011, 01:55 PM

Registered SVX

Ok guys, heres what I can do:

I can give you these at a slight reduction in cost IF I get 15 sets (30 bulbs). Cost for a set at $65 to the door via Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. If you order multiple sets, I can do $65 shipped per set.

If I don't get 15 sets ordered, I can do $75 shipped per set. If you are local to Reading (or would like these closer to spring), I can probably get some of these for the spring Reading meet and bring em al0ng if there is any interest.

I have 30 pairs of these on hand in my immediate warehouse, and can get a few more from another warehouse if need be, but stock is pretty limited. Hence why I can offer a discount if I get 15 or more sets ordered

Now, for those of you who are interested in upgrading your low beams with the HIR 9012 bulbs (same as a 9006 but better light output): If I get 15 people to order a set of them each, I can do a price of $85 shipped Priority with DC, less than 15 sets and I can do $92 shipped. Everything goes out same day if ordered before 3 pm. I have a pretty large stock of these 9012 bulbs.

Order all 4 bulbs (2x 9011 and 2x 9012) to do an entire car, I can do $155 shipped. This is a COMPLETELY LEGAL lighting upgrade, and much cheaper than running the illegal HID kits. It will retain the stock wattage with a better output of light over standard halogen bulbs (75% of the output of an HID for the high beam 9011, 95% of the light output of an HID for the low beam 9012), without any increase in heat output or power consumption over stock halogen bulbs.

Anyone interested? Shoot me a PM Think I may start a group buy thread as well, provided the mods don't mind I can also offer some other products that you guys may be interested (I'm an authorized Sparco, Hella, Terratrip, HANS, and M&R Harnesses dealer, among other things, like Valeo wiper blades Optimum car care products, and MEDS Restorem headlamp restoration kits)

Last edited by DiabloScoobyru; 11-04-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
I'll warn ya now, they are a bit more pricey than most bulbs. Typically they run about $30 each plus shipping, but I'll get ya an exact shipped total tomorrow and make sure I have 6 of them in stock. These are the last of the Toshiba HIR's available. The Toshiba 9011's are better IMO than the Philips ones...
@ candlepowerinc.com Toshiba 9011 (HIR1) - 9011 @ $26.00 ea
no sales tax! Guess this works better for me... Thanks for checking!

Keith
Old 11-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX

Not sure it's still valid, but my original post of the Candlepower link shows a much better price than listed by Diablo for the complete set as well. Just sayin'...... But yeah, open up a group buy and I'm sure our members, not being on the shy side, will let you know if they can find a better deal.

Glenn

1993 25th Anniversary Edition #63 of 301. R.I.P. Rojo 7/24/2008 She saved my life!
1997 Ebony Mica Pearl LSI. BLACKBERRY
1998 5-Spd Legacy GT Wagon in Glacier White: NUBURU
2005 Cadillac STS in Sandstorm Metallic: STORMY

Veteran and farthest traveler of 1st SoCal2MuseumsMeet2010.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?RojoRocket
Old 11-04-2011, 06:54 PM

Registered SVX

I may be able to do a ***bit*** better, but let me crunch a few more numbers. My overhead is a higher than theirs, so I can't really do much over my current numbers. Unfortunately being unemployed and partially disabled, I am forced to make a living right now off of any sales I can make through this, my side business, which aint much since its more or less a hobby.

Let me double check my pricing though and I'll see what I can do, but I can't guarantee much...

Quick note though, all my stuff comes from a well known retailer that is local to me, and I handle all the shipping, etc personally. They handle almost all of the Hella lighting in the US (as a Hella distributor), and have everything from bulbs to HANS devices, all the way up to competition rally/autocross tires and wheels

Last edited by DiabloScoobyru; 11-04-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:36 PM

Quote:
I may be able to do a ***bit*** better, but let me crunch a few more numbers. My overhead is a higher than theirs, so I can't really do much over my current numbers. Unfortunately being unemployed and partially disabled, I am forced to make a living right now off of any sales I can make through this, my side business, which aint much since its more or less a hobby.

Let me double check my pricing though and I'll see what I can do, but I can't guarantee much...

Quick note though, all my stuff comes from a well known retailer that is local to me, and I handle all the shipping, etc personally. They handle almost all of the Hella lighting in the US (as a Hella distributor), and have everything from bulbs to HANS devices, all the way up to competition rally/autocross tires and wheels
My intention was not to hassle you about the price. Working with a company where we have recourse if anything "goes wrong" in addition to the price are a couple of things that helped me make my decision. Not considering the fact that none of us even know you! I just went ahead and ordered from candlepower on the web... $26 each!

Thanks for checking for us!

Keith