How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-11-2011, 12:41 PM

Registered SVX
battery relocation kits

since we well battery wire in bulk at work and am planning on making a relocation kit for my car i was wondering if anyone else would be interested in one.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:51 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: battery relocation kits

I'm interested. Where in the trunk are you putting yours?
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 07-11-2011, 01:10 PM

Registered SVX

i would be interested. how much would it be and what type of wire would you get?
Old 07-11-2011, 05:57 PM

Registered SVX

i havnt decided yet, was thinking of putting it in the spare tire well.
regardless the kit will have slack to relocate to the end of the trunk.

i'm looking at using 1/0 gage wire, according to the chart posted in the attachment its border linining the difference between 4g and 1/0g wire length pending
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chart.jpg (197.2 KB, 120 views)
Old 07-11-2011, 06:01 PM

Registered SVX

Yea, 1/0 gauge is what you should use for such a long distance, just to be on the safe side.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Old 07-24-2011, 08:28 PM

Registered SVX

i'm still trying to work out the pricing for everything but right now estimated is gonna be around $180 for the kit i'll have a better idea by end of week, its been busy at work.

so far those who are interested are:
-icingdeath88
-92snowmachine

anyone else?
Old 07-24-2011, 08:33 PM

Registered SVX

interested but not ready to buy, I would love to see pics and such during and after install if you can.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:05 PM

Registered SVX

ya well unfortunately i'm nowhere near my car to do the install i'm putting a kit together and taking it back with me to install then i wont have my discount at napa

i'll put together a kit of my car and take a pic of what it will all come with. other than that everyone will have their one way of installing and running the cable
Old 07-24-2011, 11:40 PM

Registered SVX

Have you figured out where and what hardware you're going to mount it with? I think the spare tire well would be ok; mine's full of amps but they can easily be moved. Either that or in one of the rear-most corners. Batteries are tall, so it would stick up out of the spare tire well pretty bad. Also, what kind of battery are you planning on using? - I have an optima redtop already, so I wouldn't need a battery box, but a regular battery should probably have one.

Also, if you want, I can do the install on my car first and take pics of the process.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:40 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Have you figured out where and what hardware you're going to mount it with? I think the spare tire well would be ok; mine's full of amps but they can easily be moved. Either that or in one of the rear-most corners. Batteries are tall, so it would stick up out of the spare tire well pretty bad. Also, what kind of battery are you planning on using? - I have an optima redtop already, so I wouldn't need a battery box, but a regular battery should probably have one.

Also, if you want, I can do the install on my car first and take pics of the process.
i havnt figured it out yet, i'm gonna be fiberglassing subs in the rear 1/4s and i might make a custom flooring hiding the amps, i might just stick it in the spare tire area.
the pics idea could work i'll let you know what the final pricing would be.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:25 PM

Registered SVX

Okey dokey.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:24 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

Just a suggestion, but why not get a Braille battery instead? I bought one that weighs 11.5 lbs (my stock battery was roughly 40lbs). I had my battery in my trunk for a while but removed it and put it back under the hood when I got the Braille. Doing it that way allows you not add several lbs in extra wiring too.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 07-26-2011, 09:17 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm

I asked that as well. He's using that space for something else.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:45 PM

Registered SVX

ya my plan next year is a turbo setup and this will let me have more room for IC plumbing
Old 07-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamesy View Post
ya my plan next year is a turbo setup and this will let me have more room for IC plumbing
11.5lb braille can be tucked up tight either to the fenderwell or laid flat up against the back side of the headlights... Plenty of room for IC piping no matter how you are routing it.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5