Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Transmission and Drivetrain
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 06:13 AM

% Speed Stall Again.

Tom Wrote

braking involves 2 things and could be of either.

Using the brake pedal to slow down

Using the engine to slow down.

The auto uses the engine to slow down. When you are slowing down with either the clutch depressed or the trans in neutral the engine is not braking as the ECU is expecting. It still cuts timing and it still cuts fuel like it would if there was still a connection to the driveline. SO, until we can change the maps to adjust to this difference, it will stall
[/I]
Tom I agree with what you have said 100%. What I am suggesting is if we find the input that causes the action then we disconnect it the problem will be fixed. In other words remove the brake signal to the ECU and you might fix the problem.

Could you discribe when your problem happens, my problem is a bit randon as the engine is getting old.
1995 - SVX 700,000 K Mine, DMS Struts to lift car 2in. Tyres Wrangler Silent Armor 235/70R16, PBR Radiator. 6 speed with DCCD and R180 rer diff, Heavy duty top strut mounts front and rear. Speedo correction box fitted. New stero (gave up on the old one). Back seat removed and 2 spare tyres fitted for desert driving. ECUTune SC sitting in the box for the next SVX.
1992 - SVX 255 K Wife (Want to stay Married so not allowed to fit SC)
1992 - SVX Pearl with black roof race car roll cauge etc ready to race. Ex Tasman Targa car.
1995 - SVX Green low k mint condiation.
1995 - SVX Rally car, ex Matts car. Now to be used on track.
1992 - SVX red & Black being converted to Mid Engine.
1995 - SVX Red 143,000 bit rough.
Owned 5 others Subaru back to a 1974 1400 GSR.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:32 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
not that simple. When the engine reads a negative load(engine braking) it cuts fuel and (I think) timing. The only way to stop this is to disconnect the speed sensor but this still might not even work and you would be throwing a CEL. Once I can get the SSM interface up and running, I will take a look at what happens during this time with the fuel and timing or any timing or fuel corrections. If they change, then we need to adjust the maps so they no longer do this. Might be as simple as just changing a value and it might be fixed... who knows, I should have my SSM adaptor today so myabe I can tell you something tonight

Tom
Old 10-17-2007, 01:25 PM

Thanks Tom I think we are going to get some were, we have to give this a big focus.
1995 - SVX 700,000 K Mine, DMS Struts to lift car 2in. Tyres Wrangler Silent Armor 235/70R16, PBR Radiator. 6 speed with DCCD and R180 rer diff, Heavy duty top strut mounts front and rear. Speedo correction box fitted. New stero (gave up on the old one). Back seat removed and 2 spare tyres fitted for desert driving. ECUTune SC sitting in the box for the next SVX.
1992 - SVX 255 K Wife (Want to stay Married so not allowed to fit SC)
1992 - SVX Pearl with black roof race car roll cauge etc ready to race. Ex Tasman Targa car.
1995 - SVX Green low k mint condiation.
1995 - SVX Rally car, ex Matts car. Now to be used on track.
1992 - SVX red & Black being converted to Mid Engine.
1995 - SVX Red 143,000 bit rough.
Owned 5 others Subaru back to a 1974 1400 GSR.