How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Las Vegas/Blue Diamond SVX

Every morning around 6:30am, I see this sweet sounding SVX. It's going toward Las Vegas way out on Blue Diamond road.

Are you member here? That's a sweet sounding exhaust you have.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 09-06-2007, 09:44 AM
BoreD'oh Poseur Faux Pas

i have seen a Laguna Blue fwd on craigslist for sale in vegas thats pretty modded not sure if its the same one... sure as hell isnt my "work in progress"
Old 09-06-2007, 12:13 PM

vegas

i actually test drove the blue one before i purchased my 97 lsi
it was modded by a young guy and it had the tuner thing going on
it had many issues
and the exhaust thing was way too much for me

i am going to do the stebro thing as soon as i can get my hands on the dosh

i have only seen 2 other stock 92`s here in vegas in the last 6 months
Old 09-08-2007, 10:56 AM

That must be it. It is a laguna blue. I only hear it as we pass each other at 60mph. It sounds great from the road.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 09-09-2007, 05:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
We should have a meet sometime soon. I need some adult sociallizing. I've been in Boulder City for 3 months now and other than the girlfriend and her friends I dont hang out too much. I'll even bring out the Supercharged 6-speed SVX for you guys to check out and take some rides in.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:17 AM

Mike, I didn't even know you were out in this neck of the woods now. Welcome!! My SVX very rarely comes out of the driveway anymore due to my working so far from home now.

The gas mileage is so bad..... (how bad etc..etc..) it is so bad....

That it was cheaper for us to buy the wife a Mercedes SL500, and me drive her Saturn back and forth to work. (Heh.. not really, but we did it anyway.)

I think a Meet would be a lot of fun. We've never had one out here.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:38 PM
i can make it on my oooowwwnn!

hey, there's other svx's in vegas? if you see a yellow/orange one around blue diamond that's me. i have only seen one other in the last year, it was pearl white and for sale, neglected too. i don't have room to speak though, mine hasn't been out much, it was in storage for 4 or 5 years before i brought it out here to vegas, now i'm slowing getting it back up to par. i wanna see a super 6 speed, well, maybe i shouldn't. it might re-ignite my passion for this car.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:01 AM

Well, recent developments (female) have left me with much spare time, and I imagine soon spare cash, so when ever you guys want to meet let me know. I'm out in Boulder City, I dont know what part of Vegas everyone is at, but I have plenty of room for a mini meet here, or if theres somewhere in between us thats better for you guys, let me know. Just try to keep it to the south a little. I have to run the Rebel 102 octane gas which is costing me $5 a gallon and I'm getting about 15 miles per gallon in that thing.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:16 AM
i can make it on my oooowwwnn!

i'm about to get by butt up and put my energy suspension sway bushings on, then she'll be driveable again. if you guys meet up this weekend count me in, i don't have anything planned all week end, YES! BTW i live in the south too.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:25 PM

All of a sudden, all these SVX owners out here!

The Sitdee group. Subarus in the desert. Ha!

Old 09-16-2007, 05:27 PM

I'm telling you we need to do a meet soon. The weather is getting beautiful. I've got this new thing going on called finding myself right now. The girlfreind and I broke up on Friday morning (her idea). Friday was the pissed off depressed day. Then I got to doing some self reflection on Saturday(started out with why did I drink so much). I realized some of the things she was saying wernt to far off bases. We met right after I got out here. I had no freinds or anything. I realized, that I had no clue who I was. I know who we were, but by myself I didnt have much of an idea. So Saturday and today have mostly been about me fining me. Ive exchanged a few text messages with her, And today I dropped by the bar she works at at opening and she was by herself and we talked a little bit. I have gotten her to consider changing her mined about breaking up, but I did at least get her to start talking to me and agree to have lunch tommarrow before she goes into class.

Anyway back to the origional point (sorry I ramble off on tangents sometimes). I spent the entire day out side in Boulder City. (am I went up to Mels dinner and had breakfast, then walked around for about 2 hours. On the way home is when I noticed she was working and noone was there, and I stopped in to talk a little. Once customers started coming in I left so she could do her job. I headed home and piddled around in the garage until about 1:30. I finished playing around there and took a shower to clean up. After my shower I was feeling pretty good. The entire time I was in the garage my Mountain bike had been sitting there taunting me. Felling energized I through on the helmet and went for a ride. I had said many times that I need to start biking again, it's been nearly 3 years. I biked all the way around the old section of Boulder City. As I was headed back to the house, I ran across her just coming of work. (Sadly her work is on the main street, so I end up having to pass it just about anywhere I go. Im hoping it isnt looking like I'm stalking her. ) As she was leaving she look at me and at least gave me a small smile and waved.

Side note.
If you take out all the stuff about my relationship, the point I was origionally trying to make is that the weather is cooling down and going to be perfect for an outside meet. I'd even recommend having on here in Boulder. The Veterins memorial park is really nice and free to use. There's picnic areas and a Water play area with water cannons and sprinklers for kids if you bring any.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:37 PM

Whoa Mike. I hope it all works out. It kind of sounds like it will if you take it slow. It sounds like she's at least open to patching things back up.

As for a meet. Yeah.

I'm up for a meet.

How about everybody else out here?

Old 09-18-2007, 07:12 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg View Post
I'm telling you we need to do a meet soon. The weather is getting beautiful. I've got this new thing going on called finding myself right now. The girlfreind and I broke up on Friday morning (her idea). Friday was the pissed off depressed day. Then I got to doing some self reflection on Saturday(started out with why did I drink so much). I realized some of the things she was saying wernt to far off bases. We met right after I got out here. I had no freinds or anything. I realized, that I had no clue who I was. I know who we were, but by myself I didnt have much of an idea. So Saturday and today have mostly been about me fining me. Ive exchanged a few text messages with her, And today I dropped by the bar she works at at opening and she was by herself and we talked a little bit. I have gotten her to consider changing her mined about breaking up, but I did at least get her to start talking to me and agree to have lunch tommarrow before she goes into class.

Anyway back to the origional point (sorry I ramble off on tangents sometimes). I spent the entire day out side in Boulder City. (am I went up to Mels dinner and had breakfast, then walked around for about 2 hours. On the way home is when I noticed she was working and noone was there, and I stopped in to talk a little. Once customers started coming in I left so she could do her job. I headed home and piddled around in the garage until about 1:30. I finished playing around there and took a shower to clean up. After my shower I was feeling pretty good. The entire time I was in the garage my Mountain bike had been sitting there taunting me. Felling energized I through on the helmet and went for a ride. I had said many times that I need to start biking again, it's been nearly 3 years. I biked all the way around the old section of Boulder City. As I was headed back to the house, I ran across her just coming of work. (Sadly her work is on the main street, so I end up having to pass it just about anywhere I go. Im hoping it isnt looking like I'm stalking her. ) As she was leaving she look at me and at least gave me a small smile and waved.

Side note.
If you take out all the stuff about my relationship, the point I was origionally trying to make is that the weather is cooling down and going to be perfect for an outside meet. I'd even recommend having on here in Boulder. The Veterins memorial park is really nice and free to use. There's picnic areas and a Water play area with water cannons and sprinklers for kids if you bring any.
Best of luck in the relationship Mike

We guys do tend to slip into bad habits, whether it is through boredom or lack of fulfilment at work, lots of things. I hope you take the opportunity to regenerate yourself, do a make-over, moral and mental botox injection, whatever it takes

She sounds like maybe worth winning back, she seems to have your welfare at heart.

Good luck.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 09-18-2007, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil View Post
Whoa Mike. I hope it all works out. It kind of sounds like it will if you take it slow. It sounds like she's at least open to patching things back up.

As for a meet. Yeah.

I'm up for a meet.

How about everybody else out here?
Nope, not working out. I've been thinking about it and I'm moving on. She also changed her mind about talking to me. Im trying to get someone else to go to the truck races with me this weekend (Bartender from another bar, LOL). I won a set of tickets and see wants to go, she just needs to figure out a scheduling thing. As for the EX, she's just to young(just turned 22) and inmature, and deep down I know it wasnt a permenit thing anyway. I just figured it wouldnt end quiet this way or this quick. For the most part I'm doing pretty good. Only problems I have are with sleeping. We were sleeping together most every night and I got use to someone being there.

As for a meet, how about Sunday September 30th? It's 2 weeks away so it should allow enough time to get it set up. If anyone wants to talk about how we want to set it up, give me a call or text message. My cell (410)440-7877. I'll be the point man for setting it all up. I've got the spare time now, and I need to find some people that she doesnt know to hang out with. Thats the problem with dating a Bartender in a small town, everyone knows her.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:28 AM
BoreD'oh Poseur Faux Pas

thats a long road

that i have been down myself a time or two or three or four... but im all for the meet any Sunday im there perhaps 10/21 since no one has thrown a date out there yet.. my SVX is an embarassment to look at but i'll still shine him up (as much as i can) and drag his sorry ass out to meet.. oh , and the Veterans park in Boulder sounds great to me.

1994 Subaru SVX LSi - Laguna Blue Pearl - sold
1994 Subaru SVX LSi - Emerald Green Pearl - sold
1996 Subaru SVX LSi - Bordeaux Pearl - traded

1996 Subaru SVX LSi - Bordeaux Pearl - sold

1994 Nissan 300zx Convertible - Emerald - 102k mi
1999 Mercedes SLK230 Sport - Brilliant Silver - 83k mi
1990 Ford Taurus SHO - Oxford White - 10k mi