IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 03-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Verizon Sues Vonage

Vonage is out of business soon
Quote:
Vonage Holdings Corp., an Internet phone-service provider, was ordered by a judge to stop using Verizon Communications Inc. technology that lets customers make calls to standard phone lines.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...58g&refer=home

Verizon just feels threatened that Vonage is cutting into their profits, having stolen over a million customers from them. This kinda sucks, as I have vonage phone service, because verizon charges to damned much.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
I've got vonage too
I guess thats one way to get rid of the competition

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 03-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySVX
Vonage is out of business soon

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...58g&refer=home

Verizon just feels threatened that Vonage is cutting into their profits, having stolen over a million customers from them. This kinda sucks, as I have vonage phone service, because verizon charges to damned much.

how would you like it if i parked in your driveway....for free?

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 03-23-2007, 11:16 PM
word words wording

Send a message via AIM to SomethingElse Send a message via MSN to SomethingElse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark

theres no room ..unless your parking a bike.

skype is free. why do people pay for vonage? I dont have it so i dont know the benefits

Rebuilt P/S pump info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50918

If your car wont start info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ighlight=click
Old 03-23-2007, 11:45 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
My neighbors learned what happens when you do that here

......and no I didnt sue them for acouple million dollars

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 03-24-2007, 07:28 AM
Locker Link Solution

yeah, this sucks. Half my business phones are on vonage. I can't use skype as an alternative. I did consider using the software, but we really just can't accept the risk it poses to our systems.

It may be back to paying through the nose to conduct business .
...but I doubt it. Short term loss, small increase in rates maybe, and little interruption of service I bet is all we'll see. I'm still prepared either way.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 03-24-2007, 02:43 PM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingElse
skype is free. why do people pay for vonage? I dont have it so i dont know the benefits
Because with skype you can't call land-line phones, without paying for the service. And i believe it's more about vonage actually posing a threat to verizon's monopoly than using their voice mail system. Also, that's all just verizons claims, vonage is disputing the fact that they're infringing on copy-rights, yet the judge still makes his orders before it can be fully played out, which indicates to me that there has been some foul play by verizon. Who knows though, i just like it when a smaller company goes up against a monopoly. Wish someone would take on comcast next. I don't personally have cable, or a tv, simply because comcast is a theif, and i watch about 4hr of tv a month, being 4 eps of heroes, which i download and watch on my computer which sports a 30" widescreen HDTV for a monitor. Companies take for granted waht they have, and don't like being chalanged. Comcasts rates have gone through the roof, while what they actually offer hasn't changed that much for the same price.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 03-24-2007, 06:01 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Because with skype you can't call land-line phones, without paying for the service. And i believe it's more about vonage actually posing a threat to verizon's monopoly than using their voice mail system. Also, that's all just verizons claims, vonage is disputing the fact that they're infringing on copy-rights, yet the judge still makes his orders before it can be fully played out, which indicates to me that there has been some foul play by verizon. Who knows though, i just like it when a smaller company goes up against a monopoly. Wish someone would take on comcast next. I don't personally have cable, or a tv, simply because comcast is a theif, and i watch about 4hr of tv a month, being 4 eps of heroes, which i download and watch on my computer which sports a 30" widescreen HDTV for a monitor. Companies take for granted waht they have, and don't like being chalanged. Comcasts rates have gone through the roof, while what they actually offer hasn't changed that much for the same price.
Its coming fast, of course in areas like mine you can still only get it on broadband which is either Verizon... or Comcast... so WTF

Since I moved several months ago, I STILL have yet to give in and signed up with comcast for tv. I am trying to get approved to put up a dish so I can get directTV again.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 03-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Hater

Quote:
Who knows though, i just like it when a smaller company goes up against a monopoly. Wish someone would take on comcast next.
Verizon is fighting the B.S. video franchising, so you will have another option in addition to the local cable monopoly and satellite. they are starting to make progress, as some states have changed their laws to allow one statewide franchise, as opposed to a million local ones.

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: