Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-06-2005, 08:52 AM

the brakes work

Saturday night, coming home from visiting Mom in the hospital, on an open stretch of divided highway with the cruise set (whoops, still set at Interstate speed), a tractor-sans-trailer pulled-out in front of me into the right lane. That would have been okay, but just as my brain processed "go around him," some dimwit in an Impala followed, taking the left lane. Hmm... I'm all out of lanes and had a mind for the shoulder, but the old gal whoa-ed down straight and true, with just the slightest chirp from the tires. Pretty cool invention, that ABS.

I've logged about a thousand miles in the past week or so, and have to say, my SVX is one fine automobile.

dcb
Old 09-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Good save...how are the rotors?
Old 09-07-2005, 06:33 AM

No complaints from the rotors.

I ought to add that this was one of those instances where cruise control can bite. I saw that truck coming to the intersection (but was shocked when he didn't stop) and would have reflexively backed-off the throttle had the cruise not been set, so when the other car followed, I was at speed with nowhere to go. As they say, you've gotta watch out for the other guy.

They couldn't have missed me coming down that long, straight hill with my brights on, so I imagine maybe some recreational liquid or substance might have been a factor. The truck driver just figured I'd go around, and who knows what the other fool was thinking. Whatever; it was a stupid move.

dcb