How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 07-26-2005, 09:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to Sidewinder Send a message via MSN to Sidewinder
Rant: Rolling Stones Tickets

So when I heard about the upcoming tour, I was on the bandwagon. I really enjoy the Stones and was hoping to see them. The tour dates were released, and within hours, sold out. To make matters worse, the prices for the seats are astronomical.

Today, I found a set of tickets for sale for the Milwaukee show and the owner wants face value: $350/seat. So she wants $700 total. I think I will have to settle for the worst seats in the venue, nosebleed section, and pay $200/seat.

I know the Stones are a guaranteed show sell out. They could probably get away with charging more per seat and still sell the venue out. But this is really out of control. These scalpers buy the tickets in quantity and then sell them on ebay for 1.5 and 2 times the value. This is just super disheartening and I am upset about it. These scalpers are terrible, but what can a person do? Eagles tickets and U2 tickets have the same problem.

"The SVX — Where, they wondered, do you put the kayak?"
Old 07-26-2005, 09:18 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Do what I do. I haven't gone to a (major) concert that I didn't get the tickets for free in over 5 years. I still go to local music clubs and pay the $5-10 cover charge without complaint, but I have no use for $100 and up tickets.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 07-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
When they played in Winnipeg several years ago they actually forced the ticket prices to affordable levels. I guess they need more money now.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:10 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

The only scalpers I saw you talking about was the Stones! I wouldn't even spend the $55 plus fees I needed to go see Willie and Bob a few blocks from my house this summer. It'd be different if the money for the Stones was going to charity. They aren't even that good in concert to begin with. Would much rather see a group that actually puts on a good show then a bunch of old men with IVs sticking out of them standing up on stage long past their bedtime . Last concert I paid $50 for was to see Jorma and Jack of Hot Tuna in a 1500 seat venue. All proceeds went to music charities after paying for the costs. They played for nearly 3 hours.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:58 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Almost every summer I go to the Van's Warped Tour. The concert goes on from 11AM-10PM, and probably close to 50 bands play. The tickets cost me $35.

What's the difference between this show and the Stones? Simple, no seats

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 07-27-2005, 10:43 AM

An old economic truism applies here: As long as folks are willing to pay hundreds of dollars to see the Rolling Stones, tickets to Rolling Stones concerts will continue to cost hundreds of dollars.

I remember when a ticket to a headline-act show cost about as much as the act's latest album.

dcb

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: