Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-27-2002, 04:34 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Thank U RUUJ

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi
I bought my 92 pearlie in Dec of 2001 sight unseen on ebay because I fell in love with the idea of a "sports car for under 6000.00" I stumbled onto the yahoo site and larryiii pointed me here for a little more Tech minded and organized format. I started to panic everytime I heard a noise or felt the road bump a little after reading some of the horror stories. Then I started to do a little math, and the numbers were telling me that more people with the car were probabily driving like "normal" people and not having the all of the problems that were being reported here. I've got some minor problems with the car, mostly cosmetic now that I think about it, but the tranny seems to be fine (after a fluid change) and the ride is smooth on a good road. I love the pick-up and the handling. And after your post. I feel better again.

Thank you!
Yeah, and I fell in love with the idea of a Sports/Luxury sedan for Under 9,000 (8,990.00 to be exact ), and that was in '99. It wasn't too hard to trade my Suzuki Sidekick in to knock 3K off the price. And, since I knew absolutely nothing, zilcho, nada, about the car, some might say I got rooked. Especially after the Legacy tranny died. Or, after I had the Legacy tranny rebuilt before I knew it was a Legacy tranny and had to have it replaced with an SVX Tranny that I bought on E-bay and had rebuilt because it had 85K on it and I didnt' wanna take a chance, and since that rebuild have had to take it back to the shop twice, each time, to stay for over 20 days while I sweated and moped and whined to the poor saps on this network. <pant, pant, pant> But, am I bitter? No. Would I do it again? Damned straight! However, this time, when I buy an SVX, I think it will be safe to say "seller, beware." I'm "slightly" more knowledgeable about the car than I was in August of '99.

Feel good about your car Uncamitzi. Paranoia is not a good companion for the SVX owner. Believe me, I know. It lived as my constant companion for my first year. I spend each day I drive the car, now, as if it just came off the showroom floor -- I don't thrash it, but I drive it. I don't baby it, but I don't rag it out. If it breaks, I fix it, just like I did every car I've owned up to now -- but now, when I plop my butt in the seat, I drink in the experience and it's a thirst that can't seem to be quenched.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI