Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-19-2002, 05:27 PM
Debo

Send a message via AIM to cxt2001
Talking officer confused........

Last weekend I was making a road trip to the University of Flordia (to see my girl)from Auburn(thats where i go to school) and I got stopped for a speeding ticket. And the funny thing is after he gave me the ticket I was looking over it and I noticed that where it said "style" of the car on the ticket he wrote "N/A" I just thought that was funny. The dude was probably stratching his head wondering about this car. Anyways i just thought this was funny. But the ticket wasnt to funny.........112$

Chris
Old 02-19-2002, 09:53 PM
SVXcutie

omg...the same thing kinda happened to me awhile ago in October! I was on my way home from Pittsburgh from visiting Kevin, and I got pulled over....NOT MY IDEA OF A HAPPY FUN TIME!!!!

So on the ticket, the cop wrote "Subaru CP"....i thought this was quite amusing, and figured that i would share the tidbit...hehe

mandi
Old 02-19-2002, 09:58 PM
still in love with Hannah

Re: officer confused........

Quote:
Originally posted by cxt2001
Last weekend I was making a road trip to the University of Flordia (to see my girl)from Auburn(thats where i go to school) and I got stopped for a speeding ticket. And the funny thing is after he gave me the ticket I was looking over it and I noticed that where it said "style" of the car on the ticket he wrote "N/A" I just thought that was funny. The dude was probably stratching his head wondering about this car. Anyways i just thought this was funny. But the ticket wasnt to funny.........112$

Chris
That reminds me of the time I was filling the tank at Sheetz in Sinking Spring(where I work) and the attendant was calling out the pump number and the kind of car/truck that was at it. It was like,"Pump 4 is ready for the red Thunderbird, pump 9 is ready for the blue Civic, pump 12 is ready for the silver...(moment of silence)..car."

1996 Legacy Outback-"Gilda" white with brown trim
Old 02-19-2002, 10:23 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXcutie
omg...the same thing kinda happened to me awhile ago in October! I was on my way home from Pittsburgh from visiting Kevin, and I got pulled over....NOT MY IDEA OF A HAPPY FUN TIME!!!!

So on the ticket, the cop wrote "Subaru CP"....i thought this was quite amusing, and figured that i would share the tidbit...hehe

mandi
When i was driving TO pittsburgh on the turnpike, and got my ticket, i got the same designation 'subaru cp'

-Mike
Old 02-19-2002, 11:54 PM

Quote:
pump 12 is ready for the silver...(moment of silence)..car."
LOL. It must be a "Sheetz" thing because that has happened to me at the Sheetz on Rt. 11 in Carlisle several times. Always gives me a good laugh.

As for tickets........Of the two, I had to laugh at the one I got in New York. It was for 40mph in a 20mph zone. Grand total = $60.00 and no points. I wish my ticket here in Pa. was that cheap. It cost me, after having the fine reduced(first offense), more than $130.00. Ouch!!!

B.C.
Old 02-20-2002, 08:34 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Never2phat

LOL. It must be a "Sheetz" thing
That it is. The sheetz that i regularly go to identifys to my car as 'the green sports car'

-Mike
Old 02-24-2002, 11:43 AM
SVX Animated Icon Guy!

Send a message via ICQ to htyei Send a message via AIM to htyei Send a message via Yahoo to htyei
blue/green

They regularly identify my car as blue(the two timesI've been pulled over in Highway 5 in california. (Its dark teal). Minor foible, but I never understand that, because I think green is much closer
http://www.svxwrx.com
Old 02-25-2002, 12:00 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
twice for no reason

Since I purchased the car in Dec. been pulled over twice by Local Blue just to ID the car. The first time I had Temp OR plates so I understood. Last week the Officer was just curious. No tickets. No warnings. Just questions.
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 02-25-2002, 12:18 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
I've been pulled over 4 times -- two warnings, two tickets (I've had the car almost three years). They apparently have no trouble identifying it. It's always listed as "White Suba" -- they do have to ask me for MY, though.

Oh, and as a matter of trivia (I know I've posted it before, but, I think it's noteworthy), I started driving at 16 (like most folks -- well, not counting the backroads "training" in other people's cars). From age 16 to, just up to three years ago (about 27 years of driving), I had --- 4 Pullovers -- 2 warnings -- 2 tickets. Can you see where this is going?

In other words:

In all cars, over a 27 year period -- 2 Warnings, 2 Tickets
In the SVX, over a 3 year period -- 2 Warnings, 2 Tickets

This is NOT good.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 02-25-2002, 12:28 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Same type of record

Back in the day....

I was an officer of the law few years back... Never stopped anyone with out a reason. This last one was lame. I too was never pulled over until I got the SVX, even after driving for 32 years (also since I was 16)
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .