Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 10-14-2004, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PhatWeasel

...snip...
Any one seen any unintentionally funny popup/spam? I have some good ones, but decorum prohibits the content from being displayed here.
Decorum, I didn't know we had that here...is that a new rule by the moderators?

BTW, I also run Firefox and it's so much better than IE. I only keep IE around for windows and Office updates - and that only because Microsoft makes it hard to do if you don't use their product.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:57 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by lee

BTW, I also run Firefox and it's so much better than IE. I only keep IE around for windows and Office updates - and that only because Microsoft makes it hard to do if you don't use their product.
Same here - except I use the full version of mozilla - they seem to be faster than firefox. I haven't had a popup since I made the switch over a year ago.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:29 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Stevebsy Send a message via Yahoo to Stevebsy
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Opera!

How about Opera?

I've been using it for a very long time now, and don't get the stupid popups, plus you can have tabbed windows open, etc. etc.

Works good, and is free.

Custom Oil Caps, Battery Bars, Phenolic Spacers for sale here:
http://www.x35design.com
Old 10-15-2004, 01:41 AM
Sue isn't really striped

I don't always mind popups, they keep my reflexes sharp, kinda like the whack-a-mole game.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:43 AM
Phil & Belha

Wink YOUR URGENT ASSISTANCE REQUIRED

MY NAME IS DR OBINNA SAMULE CHUKA BROTHER OF GENERAL FELIX CHUKA FORMER TREASURER OF THE NATIONAL BANK OF NIGERIA DURING A ROUTINE AUDIT OF THE NATIONAL GOLD RESERVE MY BROTHER DISCOVERED A SURPLUS OF APPROXIMATELY 1 TON AMOUNTING TO IN EXCESS OF US$ 13,500,000 (THIRTEEN POINT FIVE MILLION US DOLLARS) THIS SURPLUS REMAINS ENTIRELY UNKNOWN TO THE NIGERIAN GOVERMENT KNOWING THAT IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE TO SELL THE GOLD IN NIGERIA WITHOUT AROUSING SUSPICION MY BROTHER AND I HATCHED A PLAN TO SAFELY TRANSPORT THE GOLD ACROSS THE BORDER MY BROTHER A FAN OF THE JAMES BOND GOLDFINGER MOVIE CAST THE GOLD INTO NEW BODY AND ENGINE PARTS FOR HIS CAR: A 1992 SUBARU SVX UNFORTUNATELY NOT LONG AFTER STARTING OUR JOURNEY THE CAR SUFFERED CATASTROPHIC TRANSMISSION FAILURE AND WE WERE FORCED TO ABANDON IT BY THE SIDE OF THE ROAD WHEN WE RETURNED WITH A TOW TRUCK WE FOUND THAT THE LOCAL POLICE HAD IMPOUNDED THE CAR AND WERE DEMANDING A BRIBE FOR IT'S RETURN IN ORDER TO RECLAIM THE CAR REPAIR ITS TRANSMISSION AND RECOVER THE GOLD WE MUST RAISE US$ 10,000 (TEN THOUSAND US DOLLARS) FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE IN THIS WE ARE PREPARED TO PAY TEN PERCENT (AT LEAST ONE POINT THREE FIVE MILLION US DOLLARS) WHEN THE GOLD IS FINALLY SOLD PLEASE HELP ME I AM DEPENDING ON YOU

Old 10-15-2004, 07:06 AM

Re: Even more

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi
This discussion of what blocks what is even more disturbing to me because I'm of the opinion that the "anti virus" people are the ones writing the worms, horses (Trojan) and viruses so that we will buy their product... I see no reason for someone to create these things unless there is money to be made by their creation… ...a little cynical aren't we mitch?
I think one of the most compelling reasons to consider an Apple computer over anything running Windows is that there are essentially no viruses to which the Macintosh OS is vulnerable.

dcb
Old 10-15-2004, 07:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to PatrickB
install linux w/ firefox BIGGIDTY BAM no more pop up adds.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: