Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 09-21-2004, 05:40 PM

stupid junk yard

I've been calling my local junk yard for months about a manual swap for the SVX and finally gave up (there are so few Subies around here) and bought another auto transaxle. They had to have it shipped in from a sister yard two counties away. That yard sent the wrong rear diff and I had to have them look for the right piece.

so what happens in the meantime? They get a 97 Legacy manual in, pull that rear diff to match the Impreza transaxle and never mention to me they have it (the whole car) in their yard. They cut the tranny mounts, cut the linkage, cut the hydraulic line between master & slave clutch cylinder, threw away the flywheel, etc - putting the engine & transaxle on the shelf for sale.

For $500 they will sell the transaxle, and throw in the clutch cylinder part on the firewall (part on the tranny was pulled and sold already), the pedal assembly and the shift knob. I would have to find a mount, shift linkage, flywheel, misc clutch parts, etc....I'm thinking I'll pass & wait for a whole car to scavenge unless somebody on here tells me I'm being stupid to pass up what's left @ that price (not that I have the money at the moment anyway).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: