How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2004, 12:03 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Common guys.... Lets not forget that we have atleast ONE Russian member on here. There could be more out there brousing the forum. It could have been thier family members that were killed. Lets not joke about people loosing thier lives, no matter what the cause, be it from maintenance, fuel or terrorism.
They were people just like us. Just wanting to get from one place to another. It is a sad thing. It will be even worse if it is from terrorism rather than maintence or fuel. Those two can be controlled, unlike terrorism. That is unpredictable and un controlable.

Not pointing fingers at anyone here. But just want to make sure this thread doesn't turn into a joke place.

Whatever the problem, the truth will be discovered. And weather or not we hear the truth is irrelivant. It only matters that the issue be corrected to the best of thier ability.

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 08-25-2004, 12:03 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by NapaBavarian

Facts...from Russia?
That is an excellent point.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 08-25-2004, 12:05 PM
tancred

On a more serious note, though the marine is right, Russia is not your mom and dad's era cold war russia, its changed a lot, i guarentee less then 10 of you have even been there, its not as 3rd world as you might imagine....now iraq...jk
Old 08-25-2004, 12:09 PM

That's right. Russa has made great progress... While it is not yet perfect, it is alot better than before. I hope that the US and russia can become strong friends in the future. Just to proove that two countrys can go from utter hate for eachother to being friends in one generation....

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 08-25-2004, 12:21 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
That shoud be doable since we have Iraq now, sadly it seems that we have always needed someone to focous our hate on
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:25 PM
tancred

I usually pick chike to focus my hate on...maybe the world should all focus hate on chike...
Old 08-25-2004, 12:57 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Chiketkd
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:06 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by tancred
I usually pick chike to focus my hate on...maybe the world should all focus hate on chike...
I don't mind all hate focused on me, so long as we focus all of our knees on Dustin's mansack!

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 08-25-2004, 01:07 PM
tancred

LOL, i hate you chike..
Old 08-25-2004, 01:16 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by tancred
LOL, i hate you chike..
Where's the love bro?

Anyhoo, let's not take this thread off topic as the subject is very serious. I was personally saddened to learn of the two plane crashes this morning. I can't begin to imagine the number of lives that will be ripped apart due to the people who died.

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 08-25-2004, 02:19 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Jet airliners are too safe to loose 2 within a few minutes of eachother... Atleast I mean, American airliners are... I don't know all that much about the Tupolev aircraft. But I know that AirBus and Boeing are excellent planes. I would imagine that the tupolev planes are great planes also since there are certian regulations that are set for construction of airplanes....
From what I've read the Tupolev aircrafts actually have about an equal crash and passanger death rate to their American counterparts. That includes all types of crashes including those caused by neglectful maintainance, bad parts, poor weather, etc... Since the majority of Russian flights are not international (or should I say transcontinental) they have notoriously bad weather and bad airports (some are still packed stone) I would hazzard a guess that if you start landing 737s onto such runways in such conditions the Tupolev would have a far superior record. I think I read this stuff on one of those international plane sites a while back after another Tupolev crash.

If it does turn out to be terrorism and a Chechen source, think our government might start to look at the Chechen terrorism as more like what has been brought against the US or Isreal??? I doubt it.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:28 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2081143.stm[URL=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2081143.stm]

Since its service entry, some 28 Tu-154s have been lost in accidents, a figure about normal for the quantity, years of service and technology of the type.

The Tu-154 operates in regions with not very good air traffic control and navigation equipment, and in very difficult weather conditions.

The Tu-154 accidents include a number that have little relation to the aircraft.

In 1982, an aircraft landing at Omsk in Russia in a heavy snowstorm - normal for Russian winters - hit six snowploughs that had not been told to leave the runway as the aircraft landed.

Freak accidents

About five have been shot down by enemy or terrorist attacks in Lebanon, Georgia and Afghanistan during the civil wars in those countries.

In 2001, a Tu-154 crashed into the Black Sea after being hit by a Ukrainian missile fired during exercises.

One landed safely in a field after its cargo of cigarettes caught fire but was completely burnt.

Another ran out of fuel five miles short of the runway when the state airline of an almost bankrupt country decided to carry less fuel from its base, where the price was high.

And Swiss air controllers have accepted full responsibility for a mid-air collision between a Tu-154 and a cargo plane in July 2002.

Few of the Tu-154 accidents appear to have involved technical failure.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:13 PM

Well.... the news is out... there were traces of hexogen found in the crash site of the Tu-154... That is a high explosive of military grade. Not quite as explosive as the stuff that we use in out bombs (which is pb106), but still... very explosive. They also said that the tail section of that aircraft had been found seperated from the aircraft. Apparently the "bomb", or whatever it was, was in the rear and completly blew the rear section (elevator and rudder and engines) off of the rest of the plane... That is too bad. I hope that Russia gets in on the war on terrorism. I know that they aren't quite as "gentle" and worried about world relations as us or most of the other countries in the world. I just want to see putin get really pissed and blow the hell outta the entire middle east....

Maybe I don't really want that. But seriously though, will this stupid international terriorism ever stop??? I just don't see the logic in killing innocent people like they do!!! Sometimes I think that we should just wipe out every country that has anything to do with terrorism (ie, Iraq, Iran, Lybia, Chechnia)....

Makes me think twice about getting married anytime soon and trying to start a family. All this trash going on in the world...