Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2001, 03:10 PM
fongangus

Questions about my new SVX

Hey guys, I want to ask some question about my SVX.
1. What is the big button with "P" use for? Which is between sterring wheel and the pw mirror control.
2. I tried to put on a wide view mirror yesterday. But the stock mirror seems cannot afford the weight of the wide mirror and slowly drop down. Any suggest can make the stock mirror stronger to hold the extra weight?
3. Where can I order those interior control lights that have burned out?(Secrurity light, hazzard ligth and fog light's light)
4. I smell some burning rubber smell from my engine. What gives?

Thanks for any help.
Old 11-23-2001, 03:30 PM
British Car Junky

Send a message via AIM to EveryShadeofBlue Send a message via Yahoo to EveryShadeofBlue
1) The "P" switch is for Parking lights. I believe the reason it's there is for Canada, where it's a law it has to be there, so they just did it on all of them. What's different about it from the one on the steering wheel stalk is this: Say you want to have your parking lights on, but with your engine off and the key out. You can push that button and they'll come on. I never use it, because it wouldn't turn off automatically and you could run down your battery if you left it on.

2) Hmmm.... Don't know, may just want to leave it like it is.

3) I'll defer to someone else. I'm sure they have all that info, like Aredubjay, he knows all

4) That smell may very well be engine seals leaking. That's how I would describe the smell too. I had it bad before, to the point that smoke would come out of the driver's side wheel well. It's a very labor intensive job to replace, so it's big bucks. You can probably put it off for a while tho.

Hope that helped. Sorry I couldn't answer 2 and 3!

Jeff
Old 11-23-2001, 04:04 PM
fongangus

In my idea, I think the Q4 is because the power steering. Because The smell is rubber burning and I can't find any smake from driver side. Furthermore, yesterday night, as I move my steering wheel all the way to left, I heard some loud noise from the driver side.
Old 11-23-2001, 10:47 PM
0260N4

Smile

You might try Subaruparts.com for those lights, they seem to have just about everything for the SVX (except the batteries for my remote). However you would probably have to order a fair amount of stuff to make the shipping costs worthwhile.

0260N4

92 LS-L w/ spoiler, Silver/Black, 75K, stereo upgrade in progress
Old 11-24-2001, 02:38 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Hello and welcome!
As for your questions:

1. Question was answered by EveryShadeofBlue

2. I got a huge mirror that goes on top of the regular mirror. Mine is clip on. Check my locker to see if the photos are there. If not, I will post some.

3. I do not remember the part number but you can get them from RadioShack at 1.00 USD a pair. The dealer will charge you around 3 bucks a piece. Do a search. If nothing comes up, I will go to my car and get the part number for you. They are 12 volt rated bulbs.

4. Check your belts.

Good luck

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 11-24-2001, 10:33 AM
sith

Quote:
Originally posted by 0260N4
You might try Subaruparts.com for those lights, they seem to have just about everything for the SVX (except the batteries for my remote). However you would probably have to order a fair amount of stuff to make the shipping costs worthwhile.

0260N4

92 LS-L w/ spoiler, Silver/Black, 75K, stereo upgrade in progress
Hey - dunno if somebody already posted this, but theres no need to get the OEM size batteries for the remote FOB, just pick up radio shack part number #23-279 - about $2 for 2 batteries, fits and works fine. Any local Rs should carry it, or just get it through their website..
Old 11-24-2001, 10:44 AM
fongangus

Seraphim, about the Q2 answer, mine is also clip on one. But the main problem is the extra weight of the clip on mirror will force the mirror arm drop down slowly. Does it happen to you?

And why your dash trim is grey color. I mean those place where I have wood dash on. I thought the SVX only comes with wood dash interior.

One more Q is: how to check my belt? Is there something wrong that I would notice?

Last edited by fongangus; 11-24-2001 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-24-2001, 11:48 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by sith

Hey - dunno if somebody already posted this, but theres no need to get the OEM size batteries for the remote FOB, just pick up radio shack part number #23-279 - about $2 for 2 batteries, fits and works fine. Any local Rs should carry it, or just get it through their website..
Also, if you have a "Batteries Plus" or equivalent store, the "GP 27A" or equivilant is a replacement.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI