Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2004, 10:53 AM
Following the path of the beam

ABS control unit location?

My ABS light is on and have attempted the self diagnosis. Unfortunately the LED under the passenger seat doesn't blink or even come on.
So I'm thinking it could either be the ABS control unit itself, or something else and the LED is bad.
Anyway where is the ABS control unit??
I just bought the car and I just realized the tranny resistor was both unplugged and missing. So I have no idea what else may be unplugged.

92 Ebony LS-L "Jabberwerwok" Now includes 1 *free "Wheeeeeee" per ride!
83 Honda Magna v45 "Grendel"

*Free after mail in rebate
Old 04-18-2004, 12:51 PM
5 speeds rock! :D

The ABS control unit is located under the passenger seat- outside edge by the door.

'92 LS-L Claret: '01 RS 4:11 5-speed, Exedy organic, lightened flywheel, and Koni/ GC
Old 04-19-2004, 07:18 PM
red95svx

In order to check the codes you need to drive the car for a few minutes. Check the "HOW TO" section on this site. It tells you what speed you have to exceed and for how long (I think you have to drive faster than 15 MPH for more than 1 minute). After the drive, keep the car running! The ABS computer will reset if you turn the engine off. Now check the light under the passenger seat. You may have to wait a few seconds, but it should start to blink.

By the way, that blinking light is ON the ABS control unit. So, if you've found the light, you've found the unit.

Also keep in mind that a dirty ABS sensor at one of the wheels can cause the ABS light to come on and can also cause your ABS system to operate when it shouldn't!

Dave

Last edited by red95svx; 04-19-2004 at 07:25 PM.