How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 02-02-2004, 12:13 PM
overdalimit

Angry Still Not Running

Well, Here goes. I am the one that had the sputtering problem. I replaced the mass air flow sensor and after about 20 minutes I finally got the car to start. it ran fine. I could rev it and accelerate. While Sitting and waiting for it to warm up it killed after running for about 5 minutes or so. I restarted it , reved it and then let it idle. It died agian! I put it in drive and once it idled it died. I drove it. It ran like hell then all of a sudden It started sputtering again and I barely made it home. Now it doesn't want to start again and when it does it sputters and wont take the gas. The only thing that I did was replace the MAF sensor with a used once from another 1995 Model. I am at wits end with this thing. Anymore suggestions?
Also: It seems to be running very , vey, rich and the exhaust system is heating up. I'm also wondering if this has ruined my cat converter
Old 02-03-2004, 08:25 PM
rperry03

Re: Still Not Running

Quote:
Originally posted by overdalimit
Well, Here goes. I am the one that had the sputtering problem. I replaced the mass air flow sensor and after about 20 minutes I finally got the car to start. it ran fine. I could rev it and accelerate. While Sitting and waiting for it to warm up it killed after running for about 5 minutes or so. I restarted it , reved it and then let it idle. It died agian! I put it in drive and once it idled it died. I drove it. It ran like hell then all of a sudden It started sputtering again and I barely made it home. Now it doesn't want to start again and when it does it sputters and wont take the gas. The only thing that I did was replace the MAF sensor with a used once from another 1995 Model. I am at wits end with this thing. Anymore suggestions?
Also: It seems to be running very , vey, rich and the exhaust system is heating up. I'm also wondering if this has ruined my cat converter
Have tried swapping out the ignitor with a known good one? It sits on the back firewall in the middle and has 2 connectors going to it.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:24 PM
red95svx

Sounds like the replacement MAF is also bad....

Dave