Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southwest Region
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2006, 10:30 AM

Nor Cali Saturday Mar 4th 2006 BBQ Meet!

Ok so I am new here but some one said I should post this here as well. Hope some one makes it out from this site. Remember this is for all SUBARU's!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Here is what people said they where bringing so far*
Me: 1 Bag of charcoal, A set of grilling supplies, and a cooler full of ice
Gio: <-- not able to make it
USAF_STi: A package of hotdogs
Roo: BBQ supplies, Mesquite charcoal (2x40lb bags), and ice for the coolers along with two coolers for soda
Flipmode: Paper plates, fork, spoons, knives, napkins, and cups
Gilmor25: Chips and Salsa/dip
Slvrsubywgn: Two 12pk pop <-- You deside what kind
Ricky: a package of buns and burgers
SubaruCrazy: a package of buns for both dogs and burgers
Cohnster: 4 steaks and a package of dogs
Pat: package of buns and dogs
Dan: burgers and buns
Adam: some marinated chicken and rice! I'll also bring my small grill.
Metalfreak79: some potato salad
Bolshoi125: chicken manok here
DoubleHelix: I can bring Soda (POP).
dlouie87: Sodie Poppie
SKSTI: I'm going to bring pies and cookies.

Please post what you are willing to bring and it will be updated across all eight boards

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who: Any one that loves Subaru’s
What: A get together for a big BBQ
When: Saturday March 4th 2006 11:00ish a.m.
Where: Pena Adobe / Lagoon Valley park in Vacaville
Why: Have not figured that out yet if any one does let me know
How: It’s a BYOB type deal

Let me splane. This is the second time for this type of event at this place. The first time we had about 15 cars turnout. I will post this across eight forums (this is nuts) LegacyGT.com, subaruforester.org, subaru-svx.net, iwsti.com, i-club.com, clubwrx.net, rs25.com and nasioc.com to try to drum up some attendance. The date is set for Saturday March 4th 2006. As I know you can’t please every one but I want to try and get as many people as possible to show up. If this makes sense, I want all to bring some but not some to bring all. I will have a list at the bottom of this of things that need to be brought to the BBQ. This is where it will get interesting is trying to compile all the information from the five sites. The sooner I can get the information the sooner I can get it back out to every one. Every one that wanted a Saturday meet is getting one and this is right in the middle of Sac and San Fran. Let me know what you think.

The list of things:
1.Charcoal
2.Burgers
3.Hotdogs/Bratwurst
4.Buns for the dogs and burgers
5.Pop
6.Ice and coolers for the pop
7.Condiments
8.Grilling supplies – I have a set that I will bring, but from experience we need two.

That’s about it; I am trying to keep it simple. I don’t want people to bring a big case of burgers, just small little package’s, same with the dogs. This will allow for a couple of people to bring like items and not spend much. If yous guys start to bring more than what is listed we will need plates and in what not. And the tables are not the cleanest in the world.

Check the link for a map of the palce insert link here you will have to zoom out a little too.

Here a description of the Park that I got from cityofvacaville.com

Lagoon Valley Park
Pena Adobe Road just off of Interstate 80
The 470 acre park includes the historic Pena Adobe home, barbecue areas, horseshoe pit, multi-purpose field, bike trails, a small pond, excellent hiking, Lagoon Valley Lake for fishing and non-motorized boating. The park also features a 30,000 square foot fenced in dog park complete with trees, water and trash receptacles.

Plenty of parking 300 spots, if I counted right.

Last edited by OrangeDot3083; 03-02-2006 at 12:02 PM.