Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-03-2003, 06:30 AM
Porter

Hehe, I'll talk to Kent and see what he says.

We may have access to a tranny that will work, I'll explain more on that one later...

Gotta chat with him, we have a lot of expenses right now so I don't know whether this would fit into the budget or not!

I'll talk to him and get back with you later tonight, I won't be home until 9:30 EST.

Gotta fly... I'll get some concrete info for you this evening!
Old 04-03-2003, 06:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to Reaper450128
Thanks Porter, but I won't see your response until tomorrow morning (I work third shift, so I'm on my way to work by 9:30pm), but thats ok, I doubt it will make much of a difference if I see it tonight or tomorrow morning.

I'm sure you guys can get the car fixed up for a lot less than I can, since I would assume you can do most of the work yourselves, but if its still not in your budget I can understand that too.
Old 04-03-2003, 09:16 PM
Porter

Still trying to get ahold of Kent... he's been out all evening.
Old 04-04-2003, 06:28 AM

No major rush, just let me know when you can.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:35 AM
Porter

Ack, we're broke. Can't do it...

I'm really sorry. I would buy it as a project racer but I've just had a sudden change in employment and I'm trying to be conscious of budget as well.
Old 04-05-2003, 11:37 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Re: Sick thought

Quote:
Originally posted by Reaper450128
Before I fully commit to getting rid of it, here's a sick thought that at least puts my money to work... how hard is it to shoehorn an EG33 into a 95-99 Legacy? I've got a '95 Legacy L automatic as my daily driver right now, and if I could make it faster I'd love to. I know I've seen pics of an EG33 in a Liberty (looked like it was the same gen as my Legacy). I would probably have to rebuild the tranny as well, but that can probably be done (Level 10 ever done anything with Legacys?).
I'm not sure I understand. You don't have the money to repair the trans but you have the money to do an engine swap on your Legacy and rebuild the tranny on that??? Faulkner Subaru here in Bethlehem gave me a quote of only $3k to put a Subaru reman tranny in mine. I'd keep the SVX and tell the dealer that quoted you $6k to stick his offer where the sun doesn't shine. Keep your SVX, dude. Where in Jersey do you live? I'd be happy to help you wrench the other problems on your car after you get your tranny replaced (assuming you do the right thing and keep it ). Come on...keep it. You know you really wanted to or you wouldn't have bought it knowing you needed a tranny rebuild. That guy charging you $6k is trying to rip you off!

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 04-05-2003, 07:07 PM

Thanks anyway Porter, I had a feeling that was the case. To eBay then, I guess.
Old 04-05-2003, 07:07 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand. You don't have the money to repair the trans but you have the money to do an engine swap on your Legacy and rebuild the tranny on that??? Faulkner Subaru here in Bethlehem gave me a quote of only $3k to put a Subaru reman tranny in mine. I'd keep the SVX and tell the dealer that quoted you $6k to stick his offer where the sun doesn't shine. Keep your SVX, dude. Where in Jersey do you live? I'd be happy to help you wrench the other problems on your car after you get your tranny replaced (assuming you do the right thing and keep it ). Come on...keep it. You know you really wanted to or you wouldn't have bought it knowing you needed a tranny rebuild. That guy charging you $6k is trying to rip you off!
Nah, I don't really have the money for it, I'm just having a moment of wishful thinking, that's all. No, I really can't afford to keep the SVX, I wish I could but my job doesn't pay well enough for me to afford to support an SVX, as I know other things will go wrong down the road. I know the dealer is overcharging, but there's not too many other options for me around here. Level 10 is the only other place I can think of that I could trust to do it right, but getting it to them would be difficult, and while they would build it better than new, I don't have the funds for that either right now. If I had the room to store it for a while, I would, but I don't so I'm going to have to let someone else do what I wish I could.
Old 04-06-2003, 05:06 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
Originally posted by Reaper450128

Nah, I don't really have the money for it, I'm just having a moment of wishful thinking, that's all. No, I really can't afford to keep the SVX, I wish I could but my job doesn't pay well enough for me to afford to support an SVX, as I know other things will go wrong down the road. I know the dealer is overcharging, but there's not too many other options for me around here. Level 10 is the only other place I can think of that I could trust to do it right, but getting it to them would be difficult, and while they would build it better than new, I don't have the funds for that either right now. If I had the room to store it for a while, I would, but I don't so I'm going to have to let someone else do what I wish I could.
That is a shame. There might be another one for you a year or two down the road. You never know how things can change. I know the feeling of being in a situation like you are in and I truly wish you luck.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 04-08-2003, 08:17 PM

OK, based on the response I've been getting to this thread, I'm starting a related thread in the for sale forum.