Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-25-2003, 06:57 PM
Making tires round, Six now :)

I really hope your car shows up soon. I can't understand why someone would steel an SVX. I think it would be easy to catch them. The police should be all over this.
Old 02-25-2003, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
Very stupid question, but is there any chance it rolled outta the driveway??? I know yeah, dumb question, but a friend of mine's parents used to live in this house with a steep driveway... one day his dad was going to leave for work and the car was gone... he kinda freaked out because he thought it was stolen... but then he freaked out even more when he realized it rolled down the driveway, across the street, and THROUGH the empty garage of his 'across the street' neighbor. :/

Man, I hope we catch who took it. I only hope they didn't hurt it... just took it for a spin and left it somewhere.... I've always thought about 'moving' peoples cars when they leave them running. Thought that it'd be kinda funny to move it a few spots away in the parking lot or something, but realized the consequences of such a 'prank'.
lol... ya that my first thought. Quickly ruled out when I checked my neighbors front yard.

I feel a lot more like I do now then I did before.

92 SVX 5spd, (sold),92 SVX Teal, 67 Mustang 351C 5spd, 00 Galant.
Old 02-25-2003, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by svx_commuter
I really hope your car shows up soon. I can't understand why someone would steel an SVX. I think it would be easy to catch them. The police should be all over this.
Except the officer that I talked to thought it was an SUV.

Old 02-25-2003, 08:49 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by 92SvxChick
Man that sucks!!! I'll keep an eye out on Ebay...I also only have liability on my car because I work at a body shop and can fix anything that happens to it...but after reading this I may upgrade to collision because I never thought about this! Hope you get it back in the shape it was stolen and soon!

Megan

See, I am playing smart. I have full coverage on a 94 with nearly 200 miles. They pay KBB on the car so if anything happens, I'd have a parts car and another SVX.

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 02-25-2003, 09:04 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph

See, I am playing smart. I have full coverage on a 94 with nearly 200 miles. They pay KBB on the car so if anything happens, I'd have a parts car and another SVX.

L
I have full coverage on everything. Even my cav. I've had my car broken into in the past, and that was a big shocker.

Mike
Old 02-25-2003, 09:34 PM

A long shot and a very stupid question, but might it be covered under you homeonwners insurance (if you have any) since it was stolen at your home? Please don't laugh, just thought I should ask.
Old 02-26-2003, 06:31 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
I wouldn't laugh at that suggestion. It's actually a very good idea to look into if things don't look good in a few days.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 02-26-2003, 06:59 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Serious suggestion

Quote:
Originally posted by AutoTchr

Except the officer that I talked to thought it was an SUV.
AutoTchr

Very serious suggestion for you. Most of the known universe do not know what an SVX is, see the number of bylines we have here with "what's with the funny windows?" and "what kinda car is that?"

The cops are no different, scarce car, they won't be familiar with it. They will actually be pleased it is rare, because if they see one they can stop it with a high chance it is stolen.

Why don't you download a very large pic of your car or one like it, say a tiff, 10x8 or as big as you can get? Print reward for recovery across the bottom, seal it in plastic, and put it on the noticeboard of the local police station/s. How many police stations in your town? The bigger pic you have the better. Once the police see it, it will register, if they see one they will stop it.

In fact, you could print off smaller ones, and ask the duty sergeant to give one to each patrol car. Chances are the thieves were local opportunists. If your car is gone out of town or out of state then a different story, but it must be worth a try??

Hope you get it back.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 02-26-2003, 07:01 AM
calmone

obviously an svx is hard to dispose of. i think it's some kids out to joyride. probably a good chance it'll be found abandoned and in good shape. hope so. i just finished talking to a parent whose son skipped school and grabbed a mercedes out of a driveway in the a.m. cops got him in about an hour. car was o.k.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:16 AM

All good suggestions and I will follow up on all of them. I did talk to my agent about homeowners and she said that only if the house burned or they stole the contents of the car......I am going to dig deeper as I don't trust insurance companies and many people have suggested that homeowners would cover it.

Mike