Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-11-2002, 11:26 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
OT (somewhat) Pet Peeves

Hey guys, post your pet peeves here!

I have 2.

1: This is a big one. REAR FOGS on a bright sunny day. I just saw an AUDI AllRoad with them on today. AHHHHHHHHH!

2: Trucks that gets into your lane no matter what you do. Lights, horns, once (strobes and even sirens) and he can clearly see me cause I can see his face in 2 of his mirrors.

Thank you.

I am done.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 12-11-2002, 11:43 PM
CopsodyX

Re: OT (somewhat) Pet Peeves

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph
Hey guys, post your pet peeves here!

I have 2.

1: This is a big one. REAR FOGS on a bright sunny day. I just saw an AUDI AllRoad with them on today. AHHHHHHHHH!

2: Trucks that gets into your lane no matter what you do. Lights, horns, once (strobes and even sirens) and he can clearly see me cause I can see his face in 2 of his mirrors.

Thank you.

I am done.

Lwin
The A6/S6/allroad (not AllRoad...its actually supposed to be allroad) have a dial for the lights that you pull to put the fog loghts on, and its way to easy to activate the rear fog light and not even know it...my mom does it all the time, and yes, when I drive behind it, and bothers the hell out of me, too.

And for my pet peeve, uh...oh yeah. People who forget how to drive in the rain...rain doesn't mean going half the speed limit.
Old 12-12-2002, 12:16 AM
Hitchhikin'

Re: Re: OT (somewhat) Pet Peeves

Quote:
Originally posted by CopsodyX
And for my pet peeve, uh...oh yeah. People who forget how to drive in the rain...rain doesn't mean going half the speed limit.
People here in LA have a different problem when it comes to rain and fog: they never learned to drive, period. We have so many accidents in the rain and fog... a 180-car pile-up on 710 because of fog... Every time it rains, you are guaranteed at least 10 accidents within the first 30 minutes of the rain...
Old 12-12-2002, 08:03 AM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Mine....

1.)Tailgaters- they tick me all the time, really hate driving with one, make them let me drive normaly
2.)People who dont use blinkers
3.)People who dont bother to see if their taillights are burnt out and drive without them for some reason
4.)People who drive with their parking lights on
5.)People who like to hit the breaks when they see a cop even if they are doing the correct speed
6.) people who just are driving dangerously cause they cant be bothered to slow down a little, cant people just relax a little and take it easy? (yes i do like to speed sometimes but i am safe about it.)
7.) drunk/high cops--i have delt with one.. cost me over $200
8.) unrealistic speed limits..55 on open "country" roads
9.) Trucks and SUVs that have the headlights right at the right height that i get blinded in all 3 rear-view mirrors.
10.) cars that sound like giant bees
11.) people who play the subs as loud as they can, making the trunk rattle like crazy and you can hear and feel it 80' away from them, what is the need for that?

Last edited by Alcyone SVX LSL; 12-13-2002 at 07:52 AM.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:28 AM
Green1995SVX

1. People in cars that thing they're "cool" but they look like idiots. Actually, that's kinda funny.

Mike
Old 12-12-2002, 08:45 AM
$VX

1. Gigantic stereos in cars with nimrods driving them around trying to attract attention and when people look they're like 'what a loser' even though the nimrod driver is like "yo g my system is so dope look at everyone checkin me out'
2. People who DRIVE IN THE LEFT LANE. that lane is for passing. PASSING ONLY.
3. People who drive in hte left lane and don't get the f*ck out of your way. They deserve to die.
4. People who flash me when I have my fogs on. They are NOT very bright, in fact, I'm wondering if they believe the fogs are my low beams and my low beams are my high beams.... in any case, they're stupid, because my car isn't very bright in front.
5. People who don't use blinkers....
6. People who don't use blinkers, so I put my hazards on to show them my disgust, and then they don't use their blinkers ON PURPOSE. They also need to die.
7. People who think its too much TROUBLE to use their blinkers
8. People who think its too much work to use their blinkers
9. People on SVX forums who are defending why they don't use blinkers.
10. People who don't know what the gas pedal is at green lights... ie, they idle through intersections
11. People who can't drive in bad weather... this either means the SUVs who go 80mph in blizzard conditions (too fast) or the people who go 30mph when they're on a freaking highway (STRAIGHT ROAD). News Flash people: You can go 55 in almost ANY weather.... its straight, its not like you're going to turn anytime soon.
12. Trucks that throw big rocks at you when you're behind them.
13. Old people driving buicks
14. Old women driving porsches.
15. People who are so fat that they're cars are cantered over to one side. Wait, before you yell at me, I'm just saying it annoys me when I see them pull into McDonalds. BLECH. One time I saw a minivan that looked like it was about to tip over onto the drivers door... I drove past it, it was this REAAAALLLY fat woman.. the most disgusting part? She was using her STOMACH as a tray. I **** you not. She had her mcdonalds burger SITTING ON IT! AAHHHHHHH MY EYES!

- Ca$h
Old 12-12-2002, 08:49 AM
alacrity024

1. people who are convinced that their opinion is the only correct one and will defend themselves tooth & nail even if it is blatently obvious that they are wrong.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:06 AM
Yeah, it's a poodle - so what?

Re: Re: Re: OT (somewhat) Pet Peeves

Quote:
Originally posted by Red SVX 92

People here in LA have a different problem when it comes to rain and fog: they never learned to drive, period. We have so many accidents in the rain and fog... a 180-car pile-up on 710 because of fog... Every time it rains, you are guaranteed at least 10 accidents within the first 30 minutes of the rain...
It's a Darwinian thing.

I used to, secretly in the deepest recesses of my heart, fervently hope that all the bad drivers would remove themselves from the road.

Unfortunately, it appears that all they do is eliminate the innocent.
2001 Outback Sport
Old 12-12-2002, 10:07 AM
*Special* Member

Send a message via AIM to Bwana
My biggest pet-peeve is people who dont pull up the the line at stop lights. And i mean like 3 car lengths back. Pisses me off!
1996 Brilliant Red L (AWD). Bought: 6-14-04 - Sold: 3-3-07 - 15.370 @ 89.65
1992 Claret/black LS #4086 (GF's). Bought: 6-30-04 - Sold: 7-29-07
1994 Pearl White LSi Bought: 2001? Sold: 2004?
Old 12-12-2002, 12:54 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
!!1!! Retarded people that have flashing lights on their car... I've seen cars with red and blue flashes on the window side of there mirrors that were really bright. They guy was driving a civic or something and almost caused an accident because people thought he was a cop. and then people who replace stock brake lights with strobe lights... Its the most distracting thing EVER.
!!2!! the people in mercedes and BMWs (other cars also, these are just more prevalent) that think they are the only people driving on the road... I can't even begin to count how many times i've been cut off, or almost run of the road by stupid people in expensive cars.

i think that about covers it for now.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 12-12-2002, 01:11 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by drivemusicnow
Retarded people that have flashing lights on their car... I've seen cars with red and blue flashes on the window side of there mirrors that were really bright.
that's just wrong!

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 12-12-2002, 01:20 PM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
going slower than 60 on an interstate
the guy I saw smoking in his NSX
smoking in general
girls I like dating losers
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 12-12-2002, 02:36 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
1. Anyone who doesn't drive exactly like I do.
2. Anyone who doesn't realize that my opinion is the only one that counts.
3. College girls that aren't interested in older, married men.

Doug

For the record, all three of these are jokes.... Lighten up people!
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 12-12-2002, 06:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Did someone mention yellow cars yet ? That's not one of my pet peeves. I get peeved (ticked) by people posting their pet peeves on some internet site.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 12-12-2002, 06:11 PM
greg

NEONS!!

My biggest pet peave is Neons!
Oh yah, and people that have not figured out what the stick on the side of the steering wheel is for. You know that one that makes that arrow looking light on the dash blink. What the hell is that for?

-G

P.S. The Neon comment really has nothing to do with ca$h....The rental car company tried to take my reantal (a sufficient Mitsubishi Gallant) car back and make me drive a Neon and I personally depise them. We had words...therefore I am peaved about Neons!