How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2002, 01:02 PM

Question Ebay seller - what can be done

My question is does anybody know what can be done proactively about Ebay sellers. For example I sorted with SVX and one of the listing was the same as below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1872967405

I contacted the seller because I couldn't see how this would work on a SVX. He admitted it wouldn't, then two days later put up another listing (the one above) claiming the same BS.

I couldn't find a place to complain to Ebay, and maybe I should just take another valium, but it irks me to see people do this stuff. Especially since this guy has like 7662 items sold so the average person would think they could trust him, yes?
Old 11-20-2002, 01:17 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Ebay crap

You could try contacting your state's bureau of consumer protection. I know if anyone sells a product or advertizes in the state of PA all of the laws apply to any transaction. At the very least it might scare the bastard. I know its a pain but nothing will every change unless people stand up and do the right thing.
Old 11-20-2002, 01:21 PM
$VX

Fake it. Get some personal info by digging around on the internet to find his real name /phone number or something. Then call and pretend to be the police. Call at a weird time so you can just leave a message. Might work. If not, email me and I have some other suggestions to make people fall in line. I've had to 'convince' an ebay member before, worked great.

- Ca$h
Old 11-20-2002, 01:22 PM

Or you could buy the antenna and give him negative feedback.
98 Outback 180k
98 Dodge Durango 120k Ski Bus
A multitude of skis to feed my need to go faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Old 11-20-2002, 01:38 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
I don't understand these antennas in the first place. What's the deal? Why are they so popular? I love the people who put them on a car and them twist them around until they look like pigtails.

Sure, buddy - that's attractive.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 11-20-2002, 08:56 PM
FifthElement

Look at his feedback. Over 7500 positives! I don't think he's a bad seller. If he were he'd have a LOT more than 20 negatives over his seller's career. It's not his fault if it doesn't work for your particular car - buyer beware, after all.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:14 PM
Boone

He's an ebay spammer and will header his wares to be picked up on a search of any make or model whether it fits or not. It's the way of the web, buyer beware. What s*cks is that he's probably pulling in the $ anyway.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:44 PM
Hater

why, exactly, wouldn't that antenna work? if you have a busted power antenna, you could rip out the motor and stuff, and put that thing in.
i did that with my Lesabre T-Type - i wasn't going to spring for a new power antenna for that car, so i removed eveything and got a cheapo non-powered one at Pepboys.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 11-21-2002, 12:07 AM
check out www.planetsvx.com

not smart

Quote:
Originally posted by $VX
Fake it. Get some personal info by digging around on the internet to find his real name /phone number or something. Then call and pretend to be the police. Call at a weird time so you can just leave a message. Might work. If not, email me and I have some other suggestions to make people fall in line. I've had to 'convince' an ebay member before, worked great.

- Ca$h
Thats a little on the Illegal side, not too smart to do.
Just report it to ebay support and they may do something about it, or they may totally blow it off, remember, its ebay.

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."
Old 11-21-2002, 12:11 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
why, exactly, wouldn't that antenna work? if you have a busted power antenna, you could rip out the motor and stuff, and put that thing in.
i did that with my Lesabre T-Type - i wasn't going to spring for a new power antenna for that car, so i removed eveything and got a cheapo non-powered one at Pepboys.
If you look at everything, there are 2 layers of plastic and metal the anteanna goes through, and it needs to seal in both these places. It is not like your Lesabre where it was just a single piece of sheet metal you were mounting it to.

Mike
Old 11-21-2002, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by FifthElement
Look at his feedback. Over 7500 positives! I don't think he's a bad seller. If he were he'd have a LOT more than 20 negatives over his seller's career. It's not his fault if it doesn't work for your particular car - buyer beware, after all.
To a point I agree - buyer beware - but but not when it involves fraud. This guy KNOWS it won't work, he sent me an e-mail so stating after I asked. Then he posted on Ebay once again AFTER telling me it wouldn't work. It would be different if he was just ignorant of the SVX.
Old 11-21-2002, 07:38 AM
FifthElement

Quote:
Originally posted by lee

To a point I agree - buyer beware - but but not when it involves fraud. This guy KNOWS it won't work, he sent me an e-mail so stating after I asked. Then he posted on Ebay once again AFTER telling me it wouldn't work. It would be different if he was just ignorant of the SVX.
I think you could look at it both ways. On one hand the ebay auction says it works for you, but then he emails you and tells you it doesn't work for you.

A clear case of fraud (or ignorance) would occur if he stated to you that it would work, but he hasn't done that. He's done the complete opposite, actually.

You're probably just steamed because you thought you had found something that would work, and now your disappointed that it wont. I would be too.
Old 11-21-2002, 08:10 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX

If you look at everything, there are 2 layers of plastic and metal the anteanna goes through, and it needs to seal in both these places. It is not like your Lesabre where it was just a single piece of sheet metal you were mounting it to.

Mike
i'm sure i could find a way to make it work - it may not be pretty inside the trunk, but it could work. in the time it would take to complain to ebay/call the BBB/notify the Coast Guard, i would have that antenna rigged up. besides, its $19.99. its not like he's selling an engine that wouldn't fit. i agree that if he claims it will fit an SVX no problem and it doesn't, he should be willing to do a return on it.

Old 11-21-2002, 08:20 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

i'm sure i could find a way to make it work - it may not be pretty inside the trunk, but it could work. in the time it would take to complain to ebay/call the BBB/notify the Coast Guard, i would have that antenna rigged up. besides, its $19.99. its not like he's selling an engine that wouldn't fit. i agree that if he claims it will fit an SVX no problem and it doesn't, he should be willing to do a return on it.
I find it amusing that he states $300 to replace your power antenna, when its only about $35 for a new power antenna mast. other than Cube's mom, I haven't seen another antenna that needed anything more.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 11-21-2002, 08:23 AM
Hater

my Lesabres antenna motor, etc was toast, but i'm sure the Subaru one is a little better quality some may want the "Euro-look" for their Japanese car, though