Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2002, 02:09 PM
$VX

O/T Need For Speed Hot Pursuit

Alright... I have some history witht his game. Anyone remember the "3D0". Basically, it was way ahead of its time. A video game platform with CD based games, great graphics (for the time) and it was pretty neat. But it cost 400 bucks, so it didn't sell well. Anyway, the ORIGINAL need for speed came out on that platform, and man, I must have spent a good portion of my youth playing it. What a GREAT game. But somehow, they screwed it all up. The next NFSs were unrealistic, arcade-ish style crap.

HOWEVER, man, this new one, it is GREAT! ITs for PS2, and probably the computer, but man is it fun! Yeah, its pretty arcade-ish, but they got it RIGHT this time! You ahve these two cool features with the l2 and r2 buttons, the l2 button does this slowmo-rotate around the car- ala matrix style- camera view WHEN you are racing, but for the camera sweep it sorta pauses the action.... and hte R2 button sends this fireball like a half a mile down the road.. only when you launch it, it pauses the action (again) and you FOLLOW the fireball, so basically you can effectively see whats around the corner before you even go around it! Its AWESOME!

Anyway, you guys should check it out, its a LOT of fun!

- Ca$h
Old 11-07-2002, 02:13 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
I haven't checked out the new NFS, but I will eventually. I remember playing the first PSX version of NSX a lot in college.

It'll be awhile before I get to it, though. Between Sega GT:2002, GTA:Vice City, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, Tony Hawk 4, Jet Set Radio Future and the half-dozen other games I'm in the middle of, I barely have time to go to the bathroom. :P

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 11-07-2002, 02:18 PM
$VX

There are games besides Vice City?
Old 11-07-2002, 03:39 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
So far I'm finished all the Championship races in NFS:HP2 and earned a gold medal in each one. I'm playing the PC version. I'm now starting to work on the Hot Pursuit races.

I don't like the cops in the game. They are unrealistically fast. You can pass them at 100mph and they catch up to you in less than 5 seconds. 1500hp??

Still waiting for Vice City for PC (playing original GTA3 until then)
Old 11-07-2002, 05:23 PM

Re: O/T Need For Speed Hot Pursuit

Quote:
Originally posted by $VX
Anyone remember the "3D0". Basically, it was way ahead of its time. A video game platform with CD based games, great graphics (for the time) and it was pretty neat. But it cost 400 bucks, so it didn't sell well. Anyway, the ORIGINAL need for speed came out on that platform, and man, I must have spent a good portion of my youth playing it. What a GREAT game. But somehow, they screwed it all up. The next NFSs were unrealistic, arcade-ish style crap.
YES!!! I had that same platform and game. Kick ass!
Old 11-08-2002, 12:35 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthworm
So far I'm finished all the Championship races in NFS:HP2 and earned a gold medal in each one. I'm playing the PC version. I'm now starting to work on the Hot Pursuit races.

I don't like the cops in the game. They are unrealistically fast. You can pass them at 100mph and they catch up to you in less than 5 seconds. 1500hp??

Still waiting for Vice City for PC (playing original GTA3 until then)
the cops have nitrous. the McLaren F1 LM is the baddest in the game!!! i like they way they did the sound on the Carrera GT - i'd LOVE to hear and see one in real life.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)

Last edited by Landshark; 11-08-2002 at 12:39 AM.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:53 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

the cops have nitrous. the McLaren F1 LM is the baddest in the game!!! i like they way they did the sound on the Carrera GT - i'd LOVE to hear and see one in real life.
The Carrera GT is very, very impressive in person. It's not timeless, but it is a pretty car.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 11-08-2002, 10:14 AM
$VX

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthworm
Yeah, that is kinda lame. :|

But the fireball thing and rotating camera is just SWEEEET.

- Ca$h