Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 03-02-2013, 07:55 PM

Wiper Issues

Hi all! Being that I'm fairly new here, I ought to introduce myself, but I'll get to that in a bit.
My car is a '92 Claret (no idea what trim level it is, but it doesn't have a spoiler if that helps any) that I bought for $500 with a ton of electrical issues. I've got most of them figured out, but one that's got me scratching my head are the front and rear wipers. Neither set will move on any speed, but both sets of sprayers work. I was going to test the motors today, but I can't get the debris shield off to access the front one. I pulled the weatherstripping and the two pushpin things with torx bolts out and set them aside, but the plastic doesn't want to come loose. I can bed it up just enough to see what looks like a clip holding it under the windshield, but I don't want to just yank on it as it feels kinda brittle. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Since I gave up on the front until I could get an idea of how to get there, I went to the back where I found this guy just dangling between the rear speakers:

I'm pretty sure it's a socket for a relay (hopefully the wiper relay), but I can't seem to find any info on it. Anyone have an idea what it goes to?

Also, while I'm here - I found this empty socket under the dash over the fuse panel that appears to be labeled "Main Fan". It's right in front of the tail light relay and rear defog relay:

My guess is that it's for the radiator fans, but I don't see it listed in the service manual. Help please?