Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale

Old 12-08-2012, 03:47 PM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Lots of SVX goodies available - please have a look!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYOSVX View Post
Apkarian's light installed! First day on the road.

Thanks!
Nice pic btw. I don't know if my monitor needs to be calibrated or what, but that svx is freakishly green.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 12-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
Nice pic btw. I don't know if my monitor needs to be calibrated or what, but that svx is freakishly green.
A Polo in the sun will look pretty bright. Lights look great.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 12-08-2012, 05:58 PM

Registered SVX

No sun out but I think the snow reflecting the light might do similarly. Setting sure helps the picture, thanks.

How does it feel? I had no idea there were only 3. Curious about the rapid flash rate and know it's been discussed but haven't gone back to see what was said about a resistor or something. What about a bulb for the front corners that can keep up with the LEDs? Even if not, they are a nice touch and I do feel special.

I'll see how offensive I am with my lights when I head out later tonight.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:06 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.

Registered SVX

Quote:
No sun out but I think the snow reflecting the light might do similarly. Setting sure helps the picture, thanks.

How does it feel? I had no idea there were only 3. Curious about the rapid flash rate and know it's been discussed but haven't gone back to see what was said about a resistor or something. What about a bulb for the front corners that can keep up with the LEDs? Even if not, they are a nice touch and I do feel special.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-Load-Re...3c15cf&vxp=mtr

These are what you need (well a pair, not 4). Wired across the + and - wires that go to just the blinker. Does your "stop lamp" light come on when the brake lights do also? I think a pair of these will take care of that too, but I haven't tried it. Easy enough just to take out the bulb from the gauge cluster, and same result.

Best thing to do with the front blinkers is get a pair of these (2nd pic): http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...8&postcount=12

The bulb sits in a small amber internal housing, that is just the perfect shade of amber, and they are colorless until lit. I have them on both of mine, and I like them a lot. Much better looking than LEDs in the smallcar clear lenses (which I used to have), IMO.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album

Last edited by icingdeath88; 12-08-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:55 PM

Registered SVX

Thanks. I just ordered the resistors. The lamp light does come on with the brake lights on the dash and, if the resistors don't fix that, the bulb will come out with the CEL some time.

Clear corners sure do look nice. I'll keep my eye out for them. Not the small car ones, though.

Thanks, again. Sounds like an easy fix.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:57 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.

Registered SVX

Yea, very easy fix. Post up if you're unsure on the wiring.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 12-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Clear corners sure do look nice. I'll keep my eye out for them.
Not cheap. $185.00 to your door. About $100.00 less than Dayle's.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-SUBARU-S...5af656&vxp=mtr

$453.00 for a NEW pair from Japan to Bell-Colvill in the UK (uses the same part no.), then shipped to you.

I remember when they were only $68.00 each new, plus shipping, from Japan back in 2000

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 12-08-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:52 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:

What I did with mine was just buy a LED flasher instant fix it just plugs in where the stock flasher goes and it's done
Old 12-08-2012, 09:25 PM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 SVX View Post
What I did with mine was just buy a LED flasher instant fix it just plugs in where the stock flasher goes and it's done
It's a relay right? I want to say I know there's a hell of an easier way than messing with those resistors all around. Thanks for the pic, I'm jealous. They look great! Looking forward to hearing your stories about the people behind you

Last edited by Subix; 12-08-2012 at 09:25 PM. Reason: e
Old 12-09-2012, 12:37 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subix View Post
It's a relay right? I want to say I know there's a hell of an easier way than messing with those resistors all around. Thanks for the pic, I'm jealous. They look great! Looking forward to hearing your stories about the people behind you
Yes, the stock one looks like this

As you can see its 3 blade.

the led capable one looks like

You can get it here
http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/i...er-module.html

But watch so you dont order this one

You notice the numbers on the 2 one is CF13 the other, the one the svx needs is CF14
The polarity is reversed on the CF14
I mistakenly bought the CF13 not knowing the difference I had to use 3 short jumper wires to "swap" the pins.

Also I just looked up Rockauto and the pic shows that it may work with leds, or atleast the housing says led

Last edited by 92 SVX; 12-09-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:28 AM

Registered SVX

Wow! Thanks for all the info on clear corners and relays.

Does the relay fix the warning lamp on the dash, too?

Might be a cleaner fix than resistors, if so.

Clear corner, $185: The little amber rectangle doesn't bother me at all but I might add it to my longer list of mods. Got a few things ahead of it. (Wire the halos, AMR coilovers, etc.) Gotta slow down instead of just chasing after every shiny thing out there.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post
Not cheap. $185.00 to your door. About $100.00 less than Dayle's.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-SUBARU-S...5af656&vxp=mtr

$453.00 for a NEW pair from Japan to Bell-Colvill in the UK (uses the same part no.), then shipped to you.

I remember when they were only $68.00 each new, plus shipping, from Japan back in 2000

We use the same corners over here and I think the local dealer still carries them. Anyone interested enough in them for me to ask around?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:29 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Wow! Thanks for all the info on clear corners and relays.

Does the relay fix the warning lamp on the dash, too?

Might be a cleaner fix than resistors, if so.

Clear corner, $185: The little amber rectangle doesn't bother me at all but I might add it to my longer list of mods. Got a few things ahead of it. (Wire the halos, AMR coilovers, etc.) Gotta slow down instead of just chasing after every shiny thing out there.
The flasher relay slows down the blink speed so no more hyperblink stoplight coming brake light coming on is not affected that's a different circuit
Old 12-09-2012, 04:32 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
We use the same corners over here and I think the local dealer still carries them. Anyone interested enough in them for me to ask around?
Only mildly interested at this point. If you're at the dealer and think of it, I'd be curious.

Don't know what the shipping deal would be.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:57 PM

Registered SVX

I too am curious I have the small car clear lenses but I hate the Fit they suck

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: