Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Interior Mods
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2012, 01:56 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Gauges

They are from prosport, and I used a oil filter adapter for the oil pressure and temp gauges. I also got a oil galley plug, so once I get the other motor built, I will put the gauge directly in the block. They are the 45mm ones, which I got because I really don't see anywhere else in the SVX interior other than a DIN slot that they wouldn't look completely out of place and awkward. Once I have the water temp gauge hooked up I will take a video.

As far as installation, I just used a sheet of plastic (actually a mouspad I don't like at all) I had and cut/folded it into the shape of a DIN slot, then cut circles in it. The color and texture look like what you'd expect to see in a car, so I guess it works.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 06-21-2012, 02:11 AM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Gauges

Nice work! They look good! Looking forward to seeing the video for sure!

Last edited by Subix; 06-21-2012 at 02:11 AM. Reason: e
Old 06-21-2012, 02:14 AM
Designated Asshole

Registered SVX

Sir, you have a game that ruins lives in your passenger footwell. You're going to have to get rid of that asap.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:36 AM

Registered SVX

VERY nice I like it. I have one Gage , the one to the left of the cluster, that was originally for Tranny temp. since I no longer have a Auto tranny, I need to replace it or set it up for another use ?????? Any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0389.JPG (408.1 KB, 380 views)

Last edited by Conn SVX; 06-21-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:19 AM

Registered SVX

Not sure if they make them for the svx but a pillar 3 gauge pod would probably work better, looking down that far to see them just seems like asking for trouble lol
Old 06-21-2012, 11:38 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 SVX View Post
Not sure if they make them for the svx but a pillar 3 gauge pod would probably work better, looking down that far to see them just seems like asking for trouble lol
Nah those look silly (IMHO, of course - to each his own). Not going to be looking at them all the time anyway.

Conn, those look good. Yet another thing that's very similar about our cars. Yours look a little bit bigger though, right? You have a white back speedo/tach, right? Bet the gauges match nicely then.

Your trans temp one, you might be able to re-purpose, but I'm not sure. What brand are they?

Thanks, all. Gonna try and finish up the rest tonight.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Old 06-21-2012, 11:45 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Nah those look silly (IMHO, of course - to each his own). Not going to be looking at them all the time anyway.

Conn, those look good. Yet another thing that's very similar about our cars. Yours look a little bit bigger though, right? You have a white back speedo/tach, right? Bet the gauges match nicely then.

Your trans temp one, you might be able to re-purpose, but I'm not sure. What brand are they?

Thanks, all. Gonna try and finish up the rest tonight.
I'd go with either an actual coolant temp instead of the dummy gauge so you can see an actual temp, or otherwise oil temp if either aren't covered by the other gauges.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:45 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckls View Post
Sir, you have a game that ruins lives in your passenger footwell. You're going to have to get rid of that asap.
That would be WC3, not WoW, sir. Can only be described as a well-aged classic. A friend of mine had it sliding around in the trunk of his Altima for like 4 years, and cleaned the car out next to mine. Guess where it ended up. Not sure what to do with it.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:46 AM

Registered SVX

Nate, you're going to laugh when you get here and see where I ran the wires... :P

Old 06-21-2012, 11:52 AM

Registered SVX

Innovate wide band and boost

T
Attached Images
File Type: jpg innovate.jpg (108.1 KB, 345 views)
Old 06-21-2012, 12:36 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Nate, you're going to laugh when you get here and see where I ran the wires... :P
I'm intrigued...
Old 06-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Designated Asshole

Registered SVX

Quote:
I just saw Warcraft. Either way...DOWN WITH BLIZZARD
Old 06-21-2012, 03:12 PM

Registered SVX

Now have amp and vac. Where do they get the temp.for tranny taken from? Could I move the sensor to the oil?
Old 06-21-2012, 07:59 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckls View Post
I just saw Warcraft. Either way...DOWN WITH BLIZZARD
Before WoW, blizzard was a very different type of company. Like, night-and-day.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:00 AM

Registered SVX

Mine are Summit VDO gauges. The dash is Procarparts reverse Euro indigo