Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 06-19-2011, 03:17 PM

Re: another Red 95 for sale

Hi mate,

The car photos, including the engine bay/top of the radiator pic can still be viewed via this link:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-374000198.htm (which is the expired auctions link for Trade Me)

The hatchback reference was a misnomer. The car has a boot like every other SVX.

I am out of town all week on business, but am happy to take some pics under the car to show how the rear hitch attaches to the car sometime next weekend.

Cheers,
Todd

Last edited by RedKiwiSVX; 06-19-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:58 PM

Registered SVX

The pictures of the switch and headlight washers look exactly like the ones on my UK SVX (factory fitted)
Old 06-20-2011, 01:01 PM

I want to do it with mine, I remember ages ago someone posting the exploded view showing p/n & assembly of the lamp washer system?.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:14 PM

Registered SVX

I wonder if we can do it to the USA SVX
Old 06-20-2011, 08:36 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
I wonder if we can do it to the USA SVX
With enough time, effort, and/or money, you can do anything.

I don't think this would be too hard. The hard part would be getting the nozzles and the button. What I would do is get an extra windshield washer fluid pump (I have at least 2 extras in the garage now...) and a lot of the wiper fluid line, and some wire. Then make a new hole in the wiper fluid reservoir for the extra pump and add it in there. Then run the line to the nozzles in the front, and wire it to the switch. There are probably some nozzles you could get that would look better than the stock ones too, especially if you painted them body color instead of black. The stock button would probably be the way to go though.

Probably not worth it though, especially since you'd have to take off the bumper to run the lines well. Although maybe you could do it from underneath with the cover removed?

Also let me just say that I am damn jealous of you non-US owners who have the black leather interiors. Looks really good.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 06-29-2011, 01:07 PM

Registered SVX

Did we get a shot of that trailer hitch yet? from down under or underneath the car
Old 06-30-2011, 03:25 AM
Aussie in enemy territory

Registered SVX

Quote:
I would love to see the pictures of the whole car. I missed it when it was on the post the first time.. I did finally see the pictures . I don't see the radiator, I also don't understand the comment of the non fast back? And I see it has a hitch on the back. I would love to see how that looks under the car. ( where it attaches etc....)
Good to see another local on the group. Must mean it's time to go for a cruise.. That said I got the Pearly out of storage last weekend. She spent one night in the rain and I got a tail light full of water as thanks.

Mine also and a tow bar but I removed it, got it here if anyone wants it. It mounted to the hitching rings under the rear bumper and to a plate inside the spare wheel well. Will get some photos when I can. Today the old girl is in the Shock Shop having the brakes flushed and serviced plus a general going-over of the suspension. No majors.. She's still in pretty good knick for a 19 yo car. The service guys confirmed that based in the condition of the brake fluid it was probably the original stuff she left the factory with.....
Old 06-30-2011, 03:20 PM

Yep, another Jaffa with an SVX.

I too had a recent (300k) once over, with all fluids changed. It does provide peace of mind for cars with such high mileage.

I was thinking the same about a Jaffa SVX meet (but not necessarily excluding any others) to go for a cruise & compare notes on those minor niggles, maintenance issues, Kiwi/Aussie banter etc etc. Anyone interested?
Old 06-30-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Did we get a shot of that trailer hitch yet? from down under or underneath the car
Sorry mate, been busy, busy, busy (self employed business development consultant). Will try & get those shots this weekend.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:53 PM

Registered SVX

Did i miss the Trailer hitch shots?
Old 07-09-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Did i miss the Trailer hitch shots?
Sorry for the tardy response. I was busy with work & then off sick for a week.

Anyway, I popped under the rear of the car to take some shots of where & how the hitch attaches to the car. Unfortunately, there is no way to view this as there is no space between the bumper & the muffler/muffler shroud.

Sorry to waste your time.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:13 PM

Cool Re: another Red 95 for sale

I'll take pictures of mine hitch this weekend (provided is stops raining!!!)
Old 07-11-2011, 02:18 PM

Registered SVX

My hitch does not hook to the tire well as I saw a few do. I just want to know where you are attached to?
Old 07-14-2011, 07:15 PM

Registered SVX

Don't forget the trailer hitch pictures . I will post mine when i get it back from the powder coat people

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: