Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Interior Mods

Old 08-19-2009, 09:27 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Leather Mod

Just had an idea while sitting and thinking about my front aftermarket racing seats and my OEM rear leather seats. Even though my racing seats' color cope with the door and dash suede, I still feel it is weird to have a car semi cloth semi leather from the inside so I thought about this:

Why not converting all seats and suede in the car to a color close to the 1989 prototype (sort of creme/beige?) while keeping the rest of the car in grey? What do you guys think?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
I think it will be hideous. That color did not even work by itself.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:36 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: Leather Mod

I think wiht the right colored leather, this can be done neatly since if you check all German cars from 1994 up until now, they are all done with a two and three tone color interior. It is just a thought.

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:22 AM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

In your case a 3 tone might be nice, black steering wheel, shifter, and floor mats. Cream vinyl & seating. Brown Dash & Suede. You have to be careful not to clash with the paint of the exterior.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 08-20-2009, 05:29 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
In your case a 3 tone might be nice, black steering wheel, shifter, and floor mats. Cream vinyl & seating. Brown Dash & Suede. You have to be careful not to clash with the paint of the exterior.
I need to get some BMW leather samples and matching it to both the interior and exterior of my SVX.

Maybe this project will be for 2010

Old 08-20-2009, 12:40 PM
242,000 mi on oem trans

Registered SVX

Even Subaru did the two-tone interior thing. My '97 Legacy has beige leather in an otherwise black/grey interior.

As you can see it's backed up with biege carpet. Personally I like the sounds of what you're up to.
Current Stable By Age:
'89 Subaru XT6 Silver "Audrey" as in Hepburn
'96 SVX LSi #767Brilliant Red "Lil Red" Now on the front burner. Looking for a totalled, but running parts car.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX

Nice! This is what I am talking about...

Old 08-20-2009, 09:59 PM

Honestly, if I were going to go two-tone, I would go with something brighter.

I always liked the 2006 Legacy Spec B's brick red leather interior, with red seats and door cards, otherwise black...

I could see someone doing something like that with Motorsport's leather kits, and re-upholstering the alcantara on the dash and doors, and even perhaps matching it to perforated alcantara in the seat centers.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 08-20-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:56 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

what's alcantra??? I am planning on topping my car off once I've done mostly everything with some spiffy new leather. I want to do it with some two or three tone leather seats from the motorsport kit I was gonna do black leather outsides and the stock grey color inside and then the accent color of blue or like white or silver for the SVX logo and the little colored side things he does on his kits.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:58 AM

Registered SVX

Alcantara/ecsaine/etc.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:33 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic View Post
Honestly, if I were going to go two-tone, I would go with something brighter.

I always liked the 2006 Legacy Spec B's brick red leather interior, with red seats and door cards, otherwise black...

I could see someone doing something like that with Motorsport's leather kits, and re-upholstering the alcantara on the dash and doors, and even perhaps matching it to perforated alcantara in the seat centers.
Now you got my attention... Keep them coming guys...

Ok here is what I am thinking about. Since I plan to reupholster the seats, I prefer to buy another car's leather skins, modify them to fit my seats and buy additional leather hydes to do the rest of the car instead of the suede.

Now the brick is lovely, reminds me with the Orange/Black in my Z. But since you have a lot of space in the dash and doors to replace... it wouldn't look good in the SVX

Subaru/Giugiaro were not stupid when they chose something not too extreme for the suede to cope with the grey dash.

I guess something like light dark silver would match the grey in our SVXi especially on suede level (not just seats)... Still thinking about that color...

Old 08-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX

Even though it is fabric, but the assortment in this 1 series BMW is amazing. Classy...

[IMG][/IMG]