Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 07-19-2009, 05:58 PM
95pologreen

Send a message via AIM to Crazypolo95
Angry A crack in a PWR radiator!!!WTF

after looking under my car i happend to find out that there is a small crank in my radiator. I bought this radiaot on 6/1/09. Just wanted to put this out there. Having payed $605 for a radiator that hasnt been more this two mouths old is some B/S having a crack in it!!
Old 07-19-2009, 06:04 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: A crack in a PWR radiator!!!WTF

It is the first PWR to have an issue like this. not to mention they do carry a warranty. Get in touch with the seller and see about a warranty replacement

These things happen. No matter how good a product is, there will be flaws. Good companies keep them to a minimum

Tom
Old 07-19-2009, 06:12 PM
95pologreen

here is a link of two pics that i took of it.Oo they better send me a new one for sure!!Am lucky that i have a new radiator just laying around here for back up,but its a chip O one

http://www.svxworldforums.com/view_t...&jump_to=18788

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
It is the first PWR to have an issue like this. not to mention they do carry a warranty. Get in touch with the seller and see about a warranty replacement

These things happen. No matter how good a product is, there will be flaws. Good companies keep them to a minimum

Tom
Old 07-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Maniac modifier

They should warranty it. I cannot make promises for another company though

Tom
Old 07-19-2009, 06:40 PM
95pologreen

I have beening calling them and they are lucky that they dont open today but tomrrow as soon as i wake up. Their phones are going to be lighting up like the 4 of June!!

Quote:
They should warranty it. I cannot make promises for another company though

Tom
Old 07-19-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazypolo95 View Post
I have beening calling them and they are lucky that they dont open today but tomrrow as soon as i wake up. Their phones are going to be lighting up like the 4 of June!!
4 of June?
International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression
Finland: Flag Day of the Finnish Defence Forces
Tonga: Emancipation Day (its National Day/Independence Day)
Old 07-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazypolo95 View Post
4th of June eh

I understand your frustration, but you will have better luck being civil when dealing with a situation like this.

Tom
Old 07-19-2009, 07:08 PM

It really isn't anything to get bent out of shape about, being upset isn't helping anything. Things like this happen all the time in the car world, soner or later, you'll get a flawed part, it doesn't matter if it is a $6 part or a $6000 part, they can all have flaws that aren't detectable until the part is put into service. Most companies won't have any problem repairing or replacing the part if it was a defect in materials or workmanship and not caused by something after the fact.

I can't see the pictures on the other forum, not a member over there. Is it a crack in a weld or in the aluminum?
Old 07-19-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
It really isn't anything to get bent out of shape about, being upset isn't helping anything. Things like this happen all the time in the car world, soner or later, you'll get a flawed part, it doesn't matter if it is a $6 part or a $6000 part, they can all have flaws that aren't detectable until the part is put into service. Most companies won't have any problem repairing or replacing the part if it was a defect in materials or workmanship and not caused by something after the fact.
Work in retail for awhile and you'll soon realize that many customers don't see it this way and that if there is any defect or fault that occurs they believe the product to be shody and don't want it replaced, even for free, they just want their money back, even if it is the first happening for them, or the store, ever. I swear some peopel don't understand that in mass production mistakes can happen. I once had a customer who use to buy our telephones for 20 years and never had any problems, just wanted to upgrade each time. But they bought a phone from me that happened to have a bad speaker and wanted to return the whole thing for a full refund and were taking their business to a competing store nearby for a phone "that is actually good quality." Offered them an apology and exchange for a new unit in the box but they weren't having any of it. Same brand for the entire 20 years too

Last edited by y2daniel1981; 07-19-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX

I'm still hung up on this 4 of June thing
Old 07-19-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2daniel1981 View Post
Work in retail for awhile and you'll soon realize that many customers don't see it this way and that if there is any defect or fault that occurs they believe the product to be shody and don't want it replaced, even for free, they just want their money back, even if it is the first happening for them, or the store, ever. I swear some peopel don't understand that in mass production mistakes can happen
I never plan on being in retail for that reason, I do work in a body shop though, we see our share of flawed products and the problems are usually dealt with by the manufacturer or the vendor without an issue. Most of the time, the customers are very understanding, knowing that we want their car gone just as much as they want it back.

Some just don't get it, they think screaming and ranting gets things done faster, there have been a few that it got to the point that we pushed the car out of the shop, threw the keys at them and told them to take the car and never come back.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
I never plan on being in retail for that reason, I do work in a body shop though, we see our share of flawed products and the problems are usually dealt with by the manufacturer or the vendor without an issue. Most of the time, the customers are very understanding, knowing that we want their car gone just as much as they want it back.

Some just don't get it, they think screaming and ranting gets things done faster, there have been a few that it got to the point that we pushed the car out of the shop, threw the keys at them and told them to take the car and never come back.
Wow that sounds familiar... Actually I'm glad I am done with retail now, hopefully for good.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:27 PM
Mountaineer

Send a message via AIM to AppStateSVX

wow.....sucks dude, but chill out.

things break, it happens. I'm sure they'll replace it.

might want to be a little more civil though when talking to them.

1991 Toyota MR2 - Sold 11/27/07

1992 BMW 325i
- Tokicko Suspension
Old 07-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
4th of June eh

I understand your frustration, but you will have better luck being civil when dealing with a situation like this.

Tom
Sage advice, I fully agree. Almost everyone is the same, they will shut you out if you're belligerent but will make exceptions and bend rules to help you out if you're friendly. Especially with auto parts and repair, being on the other end of this situation, I can tell you its worth it to be tactful.

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal LS-L View Post
Sage advice, I fully agree. Almost everyone is the same, they will shut you out if you're belligerent but will make exceptions and bend rules to help you out if you're friendly. Especially with auto parts and repair, being on the other end of this situation, I can tell you its worth it to be tactful.
That's debatable somewhat. Yes mostly you can get further with being nice, but some places will take you being nice and polite as a sign of weakness and will not budge, but if you are upset and persistent the company sometimes will yeild. I encountered this often with the retail company I use to work for. I would try to do all that I could within the limits that are set and be nice about it, and try to do everything I could if they were nice. If it was not within my power or the general policy the company would not budge on its stance, but if the customer was mean, upset, and belligerent then the company would break policies just to make the customer happy. I have seen more asshole customers get their way for just being like that then customer who are nice and polite. It's not right.