Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Angry Got my car back, not too happy

So, I got my car back from the shop today. First of all, I love how they all think that they are know it alls. He told me the center cap they got was not the right color and that I would need to come back when they got the different one they ordered in. I tried explaining to him that the center caps on my car were painted by the PO and that it is different. He proceeded to tell me that they used a darker set of rims/centercaps on later SVXi(I already know that and also know that those aren't as dark as what is on there) and that is what they are now waiting on. So that kind of bugged me right away but I just shrugged it off as I know I'm right and he will know too when it comes in. I see my car and think wow, it looks real nice and am glad it got repaired but didn't want to spend the time to look at my car closely at this time as I was very hungry and just wanted to be driving the SVX again after having a stupid fricken Kia Rio rental.

So after eating, I go out and start looking closely at my car. First thing I notice is the black clips used where the rear side garnish clips to the back of the door frame. WTF?! they can't just get the flush mount body colored clips from SOA or even reuse the old ones? Then after that I decide I'm really going to go everything with a fine tooth comb. I next see the paint run on the front of the door and it is absolutely horrible especially considering this is probably the busiest collision repair/body work place in the county. I don't know how they could let this slip by. I also notice there is a small run on the door handle-like on the concave part where you put your hand to then lift on the handle. This is not very bad and so its not that big of a deal to me, just know that its not completely right. Then I notice that the mirror(used) that they were supposed to completely refinish, has a few pits in it which is not right at all. Also there is severe UV damage to the rubber(i think) that surrounds the actual glass of the mirror. And the black part has some scratches in it as well. I also notice that there is a clip completely missing from the front of the rear wheel well that also holds the rear part of the side garnish on.

Then for the rear bumper... It goes from touching the quarter panel on each side in the wheel well to having enough separation that I can stick my middle finger in between the bumper and the panel in the rear(not forcing it in so that it pushes down on the plastic bumper either). I'm not sure if it was this way before the accident or not but still, they should have corrected that if they saw that it obviously doesn't sit right. Oh and lastly that I can think of right now is that they didn't bother to buff off the black wheel marks that were left on my wheel.

Sorry for all the ranting and the long post but I just want to see what everyone else has to say. This is also the first time I will be posting pics of my car other than of the damage. I guess I should have been obstinate when picking a repair shop as the one place I really wanted to take it to, it would have either have been totalled ($3500 estimate from the shop) or if anything, would have more than likely been done right the first time. It was a local shop owned by a person rather than a large company with a bunch of workers who don't have their name on the line. Well anyway, on with the pics. Here is a link to my facebook album with more pics
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8362726&ref=nf

and pics of the "problems"
bumper alignment

other side (repaired side)

missing clip

Oh yeah, forgot about this. Probably made me the most mad as it can't really be fixed any way

paint run on door

crappy black tabs that stick out about 3mm from the surface

pits in the mirror, kind of hard to see

pic of the car
Old 05-19-2009, 08:53 PM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
Re: Got my car back, not too happy

Glad to hear you got your car back. It stinks that its not fixed correctly, although I must say your paint definitely looks better than mine.

Good luck with everything. Hopefully they will fix it without any issues.
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 05-19-2009, 08:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Your vin plate is attached with screws...
2001 Audi S8
Old 05-19-2009, 08:58 PM

Registered SVX

Thanks Tim, I'm going to point out everything to them when I go get the center cap and give them one chance to fix the mistakes. If they won't do it or it still has things wrong after that, then I will call the insurance company and insist that things be corrected properly. Hopefully it won't have to go that far. Maybe I'm too picky but in my mind, this is not just any 18 year old car and I think that it should all be done properly or not done at all.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:59 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1995SVX View Post
Your vin plate is attached with screws...
Yeah, I have no clue why. It was like that when I bought it.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:47 PM

Hey Nate,
Glad you got your car back but sad it's not correct....yes point out all the problems and demand that they correct them.
1992 Subaru SVX Pearl White LS-L 128k #7234
1992 Subaru SVX Pearl White LS 145k #2896
2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Blue Pearl Limited 36k
Old 05-19-2009, 11:00 PM

Registered SVX

must've popped the plate off to paint behind it or they swapped the plates around, better make sure your V/N are the same
Old 05-20-2009, 12:23 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

I say you should go back and kick @ss

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:46 AM
AWD..... NOTHING COMES CLOSE

Send a message via AIM to SubaruSVXCrazy

That sucks .
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L #5045 Dark Teal
1992 Subaru Loyale Wagon Gray (SOLD)
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe Black Ruby (SOLD)
1969 Subaru 360 Deluxe Ivory White
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi World Rally Blue
1993 Subaru Legacy L Wagon Teal Metallic (SOLD)
1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe Rally Blue Pearl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-20-2009, 01:29 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamesy View Post
must've popped the plate off to paint behind it or they swapped the plates around, better make sure your V/N are the same
they are the same, i checked it as soon as i first noticed it
Old 05-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Collision Refinishing Tech

Registered SVX

That sucks. If you complain to the shop they SHOULD fix the horrible mistakes for nothing and if they don't go straight to the insurance company. As for the sheet metal screws in the rubber piece I would DEMAND a new one as it is ruined now. The bumper may not be seated on the hooks in the rear right. The painted clips inside the lower garnesh should be SOA clips painted to match as well as the one missing in the wheel well. Also check to see if yoiu have a black clip behind that as well.
Mods:AWD conversion/4.44 swap by Budfreak, Custom red interior lights, Custom Satin black dash, Power mode switch, Cold air intake, Permecool tranny filter,Sony xplode 10" sub, Sony xplode 1000w amp, Blitz in-line driver, DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, New paint job/body work by me, 97' Grill, QC shift kit, 17'' MB Motoring rims, 15&20 min mod, front & rear urethane swaybar bushings, Custom fiberglass sub box, Custom red led a/c control unit, perrin lightweight crank pulley, Black wrinkle finish powdercoated intake manifold w/ clear hoses , 02' outback heated/power black leather seats
Soon to come:Fiberglass hood, upholster ALL suede to black leather
Past subies:

92' Pearl White/black top LS-L-SOLD
96' Legacy Outback-TOTALED
99' Legacy Outback Limited 30th anniversary edition-TOTALED
98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
99' Forester S -WRX brake upgrade, soon an 04 wrx motor swap
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 05-20-2009, 07:07 PM

that paint run is pretty bad... not really small. they should never of let it out of the shop that way
Old 05-21-2009, 09:54 AM

Registered SVX

Made a list, called the shop today to give them heads up so I don't just spawn all this stuff when they are thinking they just need to give me a center cap...
So here is the list of things wrong
-paint run on door
-small paint run on the door handle and painted over dirt on it as well
-Clip missing in rear wheel well
-Wrong clips in the door
-wrong clip in front wheel well
-trim under door is screwed in
-pits on the mirror as well as UV damage on rubber around mirror glass and scratches on black plastic that goes around the mirror
-overspray on the wiper, windshield dam/cowl, trunk lid, rubber door seal,
-wheel marks didn't get buffed off the wheel
-scratched up the interior "access panel"(don't know what else to call it) to get to mirror bolts
-the door is misaligned, is not flush with quarter panel and is also sagging which it didn't do before
-rear bumper is misaligned
-The hard rubber peice that goes in between the windshield dam/cowl and the fender/door is missing
-front fender liner is still messed up from the accident and so is the splash guard for the inner fender

Pretty bad considering this is supposed to be the most reputable body shop in the county... pretty bad for any body shop for that matter.
I added more pics to my facebook album for anyone interested...

Last edited by 1986nate; 05-21-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX

I've got mine, do you?
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 04:08 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Rawr! Nate smash!!
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..