Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-18-2008, 12:41 PM

Passing my 92 Perlie on to my Son

If all went well today, my 92 Perlie will resurface as a 5-speed. I bought a 96 Black Mica with 93,000km from another member here when the 92 Perlie blew its 3 auto transmission and front diff. It is such a nice car and loaded with goodies that I did not want to let it leave the family. So I gave it to my oldest son. To get him started off on the right foot, I bought a 2004 WRX 5-speed (50Km on it), the 5-seed kit from Tom, a 11lb flywheel, and a stage II clutch to go along with the nice almost new jdm engine (55,000km with all new senors, injectors, plugs etc) engine. He has been working on it in his spare time for the past month.
So a big welcome to "jdmlambo" I know he will be a good contributing member to the forum...the fact that he is a auto mechanic (he says "Automotive Technician") will help him be able to keep this baby in the family and on the road for many years to come.
Finally a big thank you to Tom for answering all the questions so quickly.

ps if anyone is looking for a 2004 WRX rear diff I have one with only 50,000 km on it...turns out I didn't need it.
Stainless steel brake lines
K&N filter, custom front grill
H.I.D low beams 5000k 35w, H.I.D fog/driving 4500k 35w
Clear front and corner lens
Old 12-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Passing my 92 Perlie on to my Son

will it be driving today???

Tom
Old 12-18-2008, 01:04 PM

That was his plan, I know he had an issue yesterday and you put him back on track with your answer. He had today off work, so he was going to go in and all he had left to do was to put the clutch master cylinder in and the extention for the clutch peddle or what ever it was he asked you about. Everything else is done. Now having said this, he may have run into an unknown issue or problem...he hasn't called me to say it's done, I'll find out tonight when I get home in a few hours.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

I'd like to see pics of both yours and "his" car if you have the time eventually.. I saw a pic of yours when it was for sale, but I understand some work was done so I'd be interested to see how she looks..
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 12-18-2008, 01:28 PM

Pictures will be posted, I know he has been taking lots of them while he was working on the conversion. Right now the weather is terrible and a snow storm on the way for tomorrow. But once the weather gets better then pictures will appear. I've done very little to the 96, the brakes (Movit) are unbelieveable, now I know what it means to be able to "stop on a dime", it had the exhaust done up including Stebro. All I've done so far is to tint the windows, have it cleaned inside and out, then rust proofed and a Pioneer AVIC D3 deck along with new Kicker speakers. Then all it really needs is koni's and coilovers for the spring.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Sounds amazing! Where on Earth do you get your money?
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 12-19-2008, 06:16 AM

Yes, he finished it off last night and drove it. Today, he'll change over the ownership, insure it and put it on the road. Got to say I feel real proud of the all the time and effort he put in to this conversion, to say nothing of the results....now I got to hope he'll let me take it for a drive
As for money Freeman...I'm old (57), you work and pay bills for years, eventually you find that you've finally paid for everything you own...it's a longevity thing.