How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2008, 12:14 AM

Question ECU Tune vs 5 speed

Im bought a 5 speed manual out of a legacy 97 but have yet to install it (my auto that was rebuilt is still good but will be changing shortly in a few weeks!) A 5 speed will get you how much gain over AUTO? A ECU tune will get you??? With both combined what are the numbers??? ?? I think that the 4.44 gears would be great but what will it do # wise??? What will it do with the ECU tune with the 5 speed together??? I want her nice and fast! We all do though... Let me know what you think..

Thank you all
-Sean
*1995 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI 78,000mi 3800 S/C
Old 03-22-2008, 01:32 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.EG33 View Post
Im bought a 5 speed manual out of a legacy 97 but have yet to install it (my auto that was rebuilt is still good but will be changing shortly in a few weeks!) A 5 speed will get you how much gain over AUTO? A ECU tune will get you??? With both combined what are the numbers??? ?? I think that the 4.44 gears would be great but what will it do # wise??? What will it do with the ECU tune with the 5 speed together??? I want her nice and fast! We all do though... Let me know what you think..

Thank you all
-Sean
Jesus dude... Have you read ANY of the threads that people have posted... Threads that I've posted?!?! They are all over... But to summ it up for you...

- 5MT won't "net" you anything, it'll only make the car more fun to drive
- ECUTune Stage 1 (Who knows - apparently I am the only one who has dynoed the "before" and "after" for the stage 1... When I get my charts up you'll know...

When you figure out each one, att them together...

Also 97 Legacy 5 MT's were not 4.44.. They were 4.11

So basically what I think is that you should do your mods like the rest of us have done. Or take your SVX to the Dyno like I did last weekend. Get a baseline run then start doing your mods... Dyno it each time you have a question... Then you'll have your answers... Or you could just search, but honestly asking that many questions and wanting "#'s" and stuff is just annoying... Go get them yourself...

~ Chris

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 03-22-2008, 01:34 AM

Double Post... That's just how bored and irritated I am with the origional post...

Search button man...

~ Chris

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 03-22-2008, 02:42 AM

Registered SVX
I could react in a like manner in respect of many of the requests for assistance which are posted, but I am inclined to stay cool until the complete picture unfolds. This place is changing.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 03-22-2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
I could react in a like manner in respect of many of the requests for assistance which are posted, but I am inclined to stay cool until the complete picture unfolds. This place is changing.
It's just so irritating that we are talking about the EXACT same damn thing in the ECUTune thread that is right above this one... I mean why the hell didn't he search before asking for "#'s" and stuff??? That's the irritating part...

Seriously Origional Poster... Read the forums for a bit, because I'm not going to post anything else on this topic... The information is out there and who knows, you might learn a few things about your SVX when you spend a few hours reading...

~ Chris

Old 03-22-2008, 08:52 AM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.EG33 View Post
What will it do with the ECU tune with the 5 speed together???
...this:

Nice avatar pic BTW... knew it would only take a week or so for someone to snag it
A related thread that has been ongoing for a couple weeks... I just haven't sifted through it, but looks like it would be a good place for you to start!
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?

Last edited by Speedklix; 03-22-2008 at 10:05 AM.