Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northeast Region

Old 04-25-2007, 01:44 PM
J. Bond

Send a message via AIM to ~*~JenSVX~*~
Prob late notice but Meet with WRC Driver tn on long island

Quoted from www.longislandsubaruclub.com Have a bunch of people making pretty long trips to come out. Should be a good time.

Quote:
A month or so back, I had the pleasure of meeting someone named Brian Scotto during one of our snow get togethers in queens...he happened to be the editor of a new magazine called 0-60 mag and I told him about SQC and LISC. He mentioned to me that within the coming months, Ken Block and Travis Pastrana will be coming to NYC to promote DC shoes. SOA will be here with them as well and they wanted to come out to a Subaru get together to show that there is a large subaru presence here in NYC. With that being said...I'll quote the post he made on SQC in case you guys are interested in coming out. We're going to be deciding on a location for a get together. I know you guys have the BB meets going on thursdays while we have our Tuesday meets in whitestone. Anybody have a good clean meetspot suggestion for next weds or tues? Here's his post from sqc:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinskan
What's up everyone? My name is Brian Scotto. I am the editor of a new magazine called 0-60 (0-60mag.com). ANyway, Ken and Travis are coming into town next week (Tues & Wed). DC is launching a new driving shoe so they are having an event at the DC store on Spring. But Ken and Travis will have thier cars in town, including the One Lap car (that I drove). That said, they wanted to come out and attend a Subaru GTG while they are here. Plus SoA will be with them and I can tell you all that a good showing of Scoobie fans in the NYC area may be what it takes to convince Subaru of doing an event here this summer for owners.

Anyway, what are you guys thinking. It is too late to get a permit anywhere, but do you guys have a spot that you normally meet up that we could have an impromtu GTG to show SoA that Subaru is alive and well in NYC?

I think it'll be pretty cool if we could check out the cars and have a big meet next Tuesday or Wednesday...I'm not sure of the location we will pick, but it may very well be our usual tuesday night meetup. I'll post up with more information as I have it. Who's down for next week?

Lets try to shoot for 8pm for the meetup as the subaru rally guys will make it by 9pmish. There will be a photographer there taking pics so lets clean up the cars and have em camera ready!

42 people so far from our side!

Meet at Dave and Busters FARMINGDALE 8PM!

Address: 261 Airport Plaza Blvd
Farmingdale NY

Directions: http://www.daveandbusters.com/Locati...ode=11735-3934

Headcount:

1 kevinh211
2 Paul V
3 KITSOS
4 JeT2686
5 zuatfnsh
6 Lazyboy43
7 imprezaf
8 Zorboy