Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 12-24-2006, 06:20 AM

Merry Christmas to all.

I want to wish you all the best for the season to everyone out there.
Tony
1995 - SVX 700,000 K Mine, DMS Struts to lift car 2in. Tyres Wrangler Silent Armor 235/70R16, PBR Radiator. 6 speed with DCCD and R180 rer diff, Heavy duty top strut mounts front and rear. Speedo correction box fitted. New stero (gave up on the old one). Back seat removed and 2 spare tyres fitted for desert driving. ECUTune SC sitting in the box for the next SVX.
1992 - SVX 255 K Wife (Want to stay Married so not allowed to fit SC)
1992 - SVX Pearl with black roof race car roll cauge etc ready to race. Ex Tasman Targa car.
1995 - SVX Green low k mint condiation.
1995 - SVX Rally car, ex Matts car. Now to be used on track.
1992 - SVX red & Black being converted to Mid Engine.
1995 - SVX Red 143,000 bit rough.
Owned 5 others Subaru back to a 1974 1400 GSR.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Hi Tony and Hi to all our antipodean friends this Christmas. A very Happy Christmas to all.

It's 23.20 here on Christmas Eve, and we have a live relay from Sydney of a Christmas Mass celebration.

You probably got a lot of Irish people and people of Irish extraction, and it is nice to be a part of a global village.

Enjoy the happy season.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-24-2006, 10:32 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertrunner
I want to wish you all the best for the season to everyone out there.
Tony
Nice thought Tony and very much appreciated. The same goes to you.

Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 12-26-2006, 07:30 PM
Endangered Species

Send a message via MSN to -JJ-
Merry Christmas to all,

Im so late it is more appropriate to wish everyone a safe and happy new year

Cheers,
Jake

removed intake silencer, k&N pannel filter, trans cooler, 94 JDM 4eat, Noltec front swaybar mounts, Motorsport D&S disks with EBC Greenstuff pads
Old 01-07-2007, 01:06 AM

New OZ Member

Hey All Just a quick hello , I might be dropping in here a bit, Just purchased a Green 95 SVX 138000 KM, So Far so good, give it a couple of months and it will look like new Might ad some pics at some time.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:00 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ SVX RHD
Hey All Just a quick hello , I might be dropping in here a bit, Just purchased a Green 95 SVX 138000 KM, So Far so good, give it a couple of months and it will look like new Might ad some pics at some time.
Welcome OZ

Nice to have a new member down under.

Make sure you post up the pics.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 01-07-2007, 05:41 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to alexdownunder
Hi Guys,
I'm even later to this so I hope every one had a good time over the holidays....

We have just got our first svx and so I'm busy reading through all of this and very usful it is too.

We are in the South of North Island, and would love to meet up with others who are a bit more local.... sorry to those of you up in Aukland but it is a bit too far to go just for a spin....lol

The only things we have found wrong with the the car so far are the blanking cover from the right hand side of switchs is missing and the lights don't work on the vanity mirrors. Any ideas?

Happy2007 to All

Alex
Old 01-07-2007, 07:33 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Smile Welcome

Hello Alex.

That's TWO people with their first post in the one thread!! That does not happen too often!

You are very welcome, and Happy New Year to you and family.

Regards the blanking cover on the switches, could you be more specific, or post a pic?

Would it be the blank cover visible in this pic of my car?

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...list/40470.JPG

I'm meeting a couple of guys next week in England breaking cars. If you can identify it exactly, I might be able to purchase and post one to you. Should not be much money involved, it would be light. Unless a local member has a spare one?

Regards the vanity mirror lights, it could be a number of things. If it is the bulbs, they are listed as 12V 2W, check if they are blown and get two new ones from a Subie dealer. It is not likely a fuse, there is no fuse listed for them.

What can give trouble are the fine wires feeding the power to the sunvisor for the lights. They can break close to the pivot, and then you need to just fix the break. From memory I'm not sure, but there could be a light gray and a light orange wire feeding into the visor. If you unscrew the visor from the pivot, you will see the wires. If one is broken or stripped, you know what to do.

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdownunder
Hi Guys,
I'm even later to this so I hope every one had a good time over the holidays....

We have just got our first svx and so I'm busy reading through all of this and very usful it is too.

We are in the South of North Island, and would love to meet up with others who are a bit more local.... sorry to those of you up in Aukland but it is a bit too far to go just for a spin....lol

The only things we have found wrong with the the car so far are the blanking cover from the right hand side of switchs is missing and the lights don't work on the vanity mirrors. Any ideas?

Happy2007 to All

Alex

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 01-07-2007, 03:24 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Hi Guys,

Happy2007 to All

Alex
Greetings and welcome Alex,

For the blanking cover try the following who have wrecks on hand :-

Waiuku Car Spares, 114 Kitchener Rd, Phone 09 235 7166.

Subaru Recycled Parts, 116 Railside Ave. Henderson, Auckland, Phone 09 836 5549.

There have been reports on this network regarding trouble with the wiring to the sun visors. Have a look see.

N.B. Particularly important for you in hilly Wellington. Drive the car in third unless on the open road. Fourth is an overdrive and at city speeds the poor tranny hunts up and down 3/4/3/ constantly. Watch the tachometer for evidence of the high gearing involved. I am sure that this causes a lot to the problems many report. Notably I have had none.

I have not had any trouble obtaining spare parts. Anything not in stock has been sourced from Japan within 10/14 days, and the above have used stuff on hand. That said I have required little more than wear and tear replacements, over a period of seven years.

Cheers from north of the Bombays, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 01-07-2007, 04:24 PM
A flight-less flyer

Send a message via Yahoo to floatingkiwi
Happy new year sentiments to all from me as well! Just got home to NZ from Europe and doing a few long overdue tasks on the ol' girl.
Alex:
I may be wrecking an SVX shortly (unfortunately). If you can take a pic of the general area I may be able to help you out!

Matt

Just Crusin'
Old 01-08-2007, 04:07 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to alexdownunder
blanking switch

Thaks everyone,
Yes Joe, its the one to the right of the steering column with the cut out bit to make it fit the curve.

I am a bit unsure of unscrewing the sun shades as they dont apper to be drooping like some are reporting, and as I don't spend a lot of time putting my lipstick on in the car I think I will leave it fot now

As for driving in Welly, do you mean lock it in 3rd as apposed to leaving it in auto (I'm new to automatic cars as I have only driven manuals before)

Thanks for all the help once again.

Alex
Old 01-08-2007, 04:37 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Thaks everyone,
Yes Joe, its the one to the right of the steering column with the cut out bit to make it fit the curve.

I am a bit unsure of unscrewing the sun shades as they dont apper to be drooping like some are reporting, and as I don't spend a lot of time putting my lipstick on in the car I think I will leave it fot now

As for driving in Welly, do you mean lock it in 3rd as apposed to leaving it in auto (I'm new to automatic cars as I have only driven manuals before)

Thanks for all the help once again.

Alex
Lipstick, eh?

What the heck, if it gives you self confidence......

The drooping is caused by the tightness or stickyness of the axle that the visor rotates on getting looser with lots of use.

So removing the screws holding up the triangular plastic to the car roof will not really affect this, or make your visor droopy. Just take care doing it, check that the fine wires for the little bulbs are OK.

Regards driving in 3 rather than D in town, that was Trevor's advice, and I 100% agree with it.

The car will be barely ticking over in town in D. I always drive mine in 3 until I am doing maybe 60 on a main road [100 to you in kilometres] This is one of the reasons the shift lever is designed to pull easily between 3 and D.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 01-08-2007, 05:47 PM
A flight-less flyer

Send a message via Yahoo to floatingkiwi
Alex, still not quite sure which bit you're after there. I'm going camping for a few days so I'll be inaccesible for about a week or so - don't worry if I don't reply!

Joe:

Did you know that you have the Non-Airbag steering wheel that normally has the remote control switches (for the original stereo) where you have the SVX emblem? Maybe that was an option too....

Matt

Just Crusin'
Old 01-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
Alex, still not quite sure which bit you're after there. I'm going camping for a few days so I'll be inaccesible for about a week or so - don't worry if I don't reply!

Joe:

Did you know that you have the Non-Airbag steering wheel that normally has the remote control switches (for the original stereo) where you have the SVX emblem? Maybe that was an option too....

Matt

Cheeky git!!

Yeah Matt, I noticed that.

My first SVX was a '91 Version E. It had purple Ecsaine seats, with faux leather panels, and the fairly useful stereo controls you mention on the wheel.

The '93 UK car I have has the airbag wheel.

This one you see in the picture is an S40 model from '94. Subaru decided to make them cheaper to sell bigger numbers, so they reduced the spec for lower cost. One of the casualties was obviously the steering wheel controls.

You will notice it also does away with the Ecsaine seat material, it has a cloth moquette pattern. No doubt there are other cost savers.

As I am supercharging that car this summer, the reduced equipment count will be a help. This particular spec car is probably the lightest of them all. Well the lightest of all the full-time 4WD ones The USA 2wd one is probably lighter.

It will all be a help with the power-to-weight ratio.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: