Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2006, 02:38 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I've noticed my MPG has already started to go up...and I haven't even received the pills yet!

I'm just saying that since it's warming up now our mileages will naturally be increasing. That must be taken into account.

Consider taking these pills in the fall and you may see your mileage decrease!

Hope they don't give me heartburn
Old 03-19-2006, 05:55 AM
The Molinator

NOT Yet...???

David....The Post Office didn't send Priority as I had requested. I didn't notice that until I looked at the receipt at home....Should be soon!

If you get indigestion....Just double the dosage...AND order more!

BTW, the guy (Scott Chandler) who did the business teaching after the BioPerfomance public meeting in L.A. Thursday night (about 10 pm to 11:15 pm at the Torrance Hilton)..made $78,000 last month! I guess it works!

I got good info about building a business..for those of you who might get interested in the distributorship business end of this opportunity!

WELL...Keep me posted y'all (Scott is from Alabama....so I'm trying to emulate him...and a little of his income! HA!)

Jim
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!
Old 03-19-2006, 06:19 AM
I work for my SVX

Registered SVX
Be very carful about these bussinesses that have seminars and claim to make lots of money. Im 40 years old and have tried many of these types of opportunities when I was younger. They all make the top guy richer. Be very alert if they ask for money as an investment. Good luck on your journey!
Old 03-19-2006, 06:54 AM
The Molinator

Beware!......

YES....Some are bad! Usually because the product or service(s) is (are) questionable! As I stated earlier...I have been in three MLM businesses. I made $200,000 in Amway on a side business they offered (long-distance payphone service in 1989), but did not profit in Excel (long-distance residential telephone service) or Oxyfresh (personal and dental hygiene products that are excellent and I still use in my dental practice). It's true, in my opinion, that you have a better chance of succeeding in the business if you get involved early (Hence my excitement since this business started 12/8/06!)....That is why I'm glad to be involved this early! [Fewer people have already heard about the product...and/or have already bought as a retail customer...or have joined as a distributor! Common sense!]

The claims of large incomes are usually correct! For one thing FRAUD is frowned upon in all business operations. There is no doubt an opportunity to make huge incomes in MLM businesses because of their very nature...That is..an opportunity to sink or swim on your own efforts..with usually very profitable compensation plans. I personally know a fellow who makes $3000 per week in BioPerformance....and I'm confident Scott Chandler is not padding his income statements. He obviously does not need to make $78,000 per month in order to impress people into the business, as you suggest. We would be impressed with an income of $5,000 per month....OR even $2,000 per month...RIGHT?

Most of us never give ourselves a chance to see what we could do..with a business of our own (with alot of help from others in MLM!)....We work all of our lives 9 to 5.....cautiously making much less than we think we're worth..because we don't have other options...OR WE DON'T GIVE OURSELVES A CHANCE...FOR THE FEAR OF FAILURE!

Jim
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Old 03-20-2006, 09:10 PM
The Molinator

OK!...First Class is cheeeeeeeeeeep!

BioPerformance fuel pills are on their way to madj80 and TheRightWingSVX! Have Fun!

Jim
Old 03-20-2006, 10:32 PM
<<<Alcyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Scott
It's true, in my opinion, that you have a better chance of succeeding in the business if you get involved early (Hence my excitement since this business started 12/8/06!)....That is why I'm glad to be involved this early!
Wow, talk about getting in EARLY!
Quote:
The claims of large incomes are usually correct! For one thing FRAUD is frowned upon in all business operations. There is no doubt an opportunity to make huge incomes in MLM businesses because of their very nature...That is..an opportunity to sink or swim on your own efforts..with usually very profitable compensation plans. I personally know a fellow who makes $3000 per week in BioPerformance....and I'm confident Scott Chandler is not padding his income statements. He obviously does not need to make $78,000 per month in order to impress people into the business, as you suggest. We would be impressed with an income of $5,000 per month....OR even $2,000 per month...RIGHT?

Jim
And a lot of people were confident that the folks at Enron weren't either . . .

Sorry Jim, I'm just playing with you, Good Luck.

Dan
Old 03-21-2006, 09:56 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by intelisevil
And how is this "sand and abrasive grit" getting past your fuel filter?

Dan
They can be "accidentally" put in the oil filler tube...oil filters not going to stop all that

Yeah, who needs a fuel filter
Old 03-21-2006, 09:46 PM

um, i think i am missing something.... what do thesee pills actually do?

do they increase fuel economy?
add 324902387 horsepower?

i didnt see it anywhere on this thread
Old 03-21-2006, 10:55 PM
SoCal SVXer

Send a message via ICQ to phoenix96 Send a message via AIM to phoenix96 Send a message via Yahoo to phoenix96
Just curious, how much did you pay to go to the seminar James?
Old 03-22-2006, 04:53 AM
The Molinator

Seminar....???

It was supposed to be $10!......BUT..Nobody collected any money from me...nor did I see anyone (distributors) pay! GUESTS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE FREE! It was great! This business is an awesome blessing and opportunity! It doesn't get any better...for those who are looking for a business...AND willing to go outside their comfort zone to do something (MLM) that most people will not do...to help themselves..and/or their family!

BTW...Most excuse themselves from this type of effort by emphasizing...or fabricating negativity..that is used as an excuse to not even try...and at worst..to put down others who have the guts...AND make the choice to TRY!

Like the preacher I saw Saturday night said...."I'm in it to win!" [referring to life....AND this business!]

Jim

P.S. What ARE you smoking in that PIPE, guys ...anyway...??? HA!
Old 03-22-2006, 07:16 AM
SoCal SVXer

Send a message via ICQ to phoenix96 Send a message via AIM to phoenix96 Send a message via Yahoo to phoenix96
Sorry James. I like to be open minded about things, but BioPerformance just sounds bad.

The FTC has a warning about this kind of thing.

People on this forum certainly don't have much good to say about it. It's worth a read; there is both positive and negative in there. Here are some excerpts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmysam
Here go to this page and scroll down to the Disclaimer

http://www.mybpbiz.com/index.asp?pgid=3
here are some quotes from it.

Quote:
Any and all testimonies are NOT intended directly or indirectly to guarantee you in any way with similar savings. The testimonies have not been proven in any way by BioPerformance, Inc. to be true, because they are simply people sharing their results from using BioPerformance Fuel. The testimonies are valuable replies from your fellow Americans.

Wait it gets better

Quote:
Each reply is believed to be true in its content. These stories are not backed by independent research, so you must evaluate them for yourself and then let us hear your own story.

LOL well it hasn't exactly been proven to be true so you have to send us your money and try it out for yourself. Believed to be true in its content? By who gullible suckers?

Ok that part of the dislaimer covered the product now lets move on to the oppurtunity. I remind you again this is right out of the disclaimer...

Quote:
Also, the BioPerformance, Inc. Compensation Plan does not in any way guarantee you any income from any examples that may be derived from the explanation of the Compensation Plan. BioPerformance, Inc. does NOT guarantee any incomes at all. Every person's results can be different using the product and/or earning any income from the compensation plan.

I like where it says each persons results can be different, yeah you can either lose some money, or you can lose a lot of money the choice is yours.

Quote:
We do no income projections or claims, but we can show you the math of the opportunity.

Just try not to laugh at that one. Geez Im not making this up its in there disclaimer.

Quote:
BioPerformance, Inc. doesn't guarantee anyone any results using the product or working the business selling BioPerformance Fuel. If they so desire, people can simply use the product and see first-hand what kind of results they will get. The same is true with building a business with BioPerformance, Inc. Incomes are not guaranteed whatsoever. The benefits you can receive from selling BioPerformance Fuel with our Compensation Plan is strictly according to the time and effort you put into building your business.

See to wrap it up again they say no gurantee in the product, or the business in selling it. I mean you guys can badmouth these people all you want, but hey you can't say they didn't warn you. It's like if someone gets there finger bit by an animal in a cage and the sign says KEEP FINGERS OUT OF CAGE! Your first response would be, well its your own damn fault idiot, read the fine print! Likewise with this, if people are too stupid to read the disclaimer it's hard to feel sorry for them when they lose money on the scam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Smith
The gas pill scam has been going around for decades. It first appeared during the OPEC Embargo of the early 1970s.

Old scam, new suckers. If you want great gas mileage, buy a hybrid. Selling somebody a pill that allegedly increases their gas mileage is what is known as CRIMINAL FRAUD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapboxmom
Common sense suggests that if these pills were so great they would be on the shelves of the large retailers across the country. The company wouldn't need to depend on a sales force that guilt heaps their friends and family to purchase the goop. Mainstream media such as Consumer Reports would be testing and recommending that folks use the dang pills.
I would walk in my local auto parts store and the sales people would be telling me to forget the STP gas treatment and pop those dang pills into the tank!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerScot
I will admit, I fell for this scam.... here is a copy of the email I sent to the customer service dept. with no inital reply:
-----------------------------------------------------
My name is Scott **** ID# ****. Please cancel any future autoships immediately as well as the autoship that I have yet to receive but that I was charged for on 1/19/06 and refund that payment to my credit card on file. I also need to find out about your return policy on un-opened bottles of this product.

I have kept very accurate details on my mpg for some time now. The last 3 averages BEFORE using BP were 15.1 , 14.9 and 15.2 respectively. Since using your product my mpg have actually gone DOWN to 14.1 and 13.9 under the EXACT SAME driving conditions. I am willing to keep the one open bottle that I have been using and will continue till the 4 tank recommendation you have posted but at this point and with the results I have seen after 2 tanks I definitely do not want to pay for more product nor keep what I have not opened.

I am a very reasonable person but this has been an outrage thus far. I live roughly 90 miles from Dallas and yet the order fulfillments have taken weeks (like I posted above I still have not received my second shipment and no longer want to, so please refund the 63.82 to the CC on file). Also again please provide return and refund information for the 3 bottles of pills and 1 bottle of powder yet un-opened otherwise I will be forced to post my actual results to several of my own websites, watch-dog & scam buster sites as well as the BBB to name a few.
-----------------------------------------------------
After a second email I received a reply:
------------------------------------------------------
To insure it is the correct person making the request, you cannot send an email to cancel anything with BioPerformance, Inc., you must notify the company in writing.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

BioPerformance, Inc., 1300 W. Walnut Hill Lane, Suite 100, Irving, TX 75038.
----------------------------------------------------
I have since mailed a written copy of my requests to the address listed but will be truly suprised if anything is done. This is a scam!

BTW, since then I have filled up for a 3rd time and again had lower mileage of 13.8 mpg ..... It should be noted that prior to using these pills my truck NEVER got below 14.5 mpg in the 4+ years I have had it. I have also been experiencing knocking and actually had my vehicle stall in the middle of traffic twice now....and this has also NEVER happened prior to using this pill.
Then we've got another discussion going on here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad chemist
Strangely, in the facts section of the website they claim that the product is “technically a liquid phase catalyst”, does this mean the alloy dissolves in petrol? If so, instead of emissions being reduced as claimed, surely they will have added various tin compounds to the emissions instead; many of which are toxic in their own right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Dooly
I am a graduate Engineer. I very accurately tested the PILLS in my Cadilliac and in a friends couier van. BOTH got ZERO mileage improvement. NOW HEAR THIS: After 4 or 5 tanks, on a return trip 150 miles from home, stopped to refuel, put pills in, car would not start, spent night in motel, left car at repair shop over the weekend, got a friend to take me and wife 150 miles home. Fuel pump had failed. After driving Caddys fro 35+ years I have never had a pump failure, AND the garage said they had NEVER replaced a pump in a Caddy! Subsequently, I had to replace two oxygen sensors, and the idle controller module — all at a cost of $1200+ with ZERO mileage increase. NOW, the final blow, Bio Performance wil not reply to my e-mail which is the only way known to contact them. There is no phone, address. I understand they “farm out” all aspects of operation including shipping, billing, manufacture, and accounting. Where is THE company? Nobody knows! If you know an address please contact me at tdooly7@aol.com
Some potentially scary stuff there (and there's more to be found on the internet).

Now, I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock into any of this - it's all just hearsay. But notice how the only people to say anything good about it are trying to push the product themselves? I'd trust people warning me of a potential scam more than the people trying to sell something to me.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:01 AM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
If someone wants to get into MLM, there are some great opportunities with great conpensation plans much better than this with products that have been proven and users themselves continue to sell because the product works. If you are interested, let me know and I can direct you in that direction.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 03-22-2006, 09:03 PM
The Molinator

Is the GLASS ..Half Empty....or..Half FULL...???

So many of the negative comments here...about the product..AND the business plan by BioPerformance are just so much skeptical analysis with a negative twist. I'm very good at that! I was a chemistry major (B.S. degree). I was a Ph.D. candidate in Molecular Biology in graduate school. And. I graduated from U.S.C. Dental School in 1974. I mention these things because my scientific training and obvious abilities are substantial! I was "weened" on the scientific principle, approach, and critical thinking involved in such research and education. The negative comments here deserve some attention...I agree. BUT, they certainly don't point or lead to your conclusions....PERIOD! Simply, your logic and conclusions are seriously flawed!

The fact that there are some disgruntled customers (distributors?) online does not lead an intelligent person to conclude that the product is worthless...and the business is a SCAM! It would be nice if everyone that uses this product got a 15% to 60% increase in gas mileage. They don't. About 10% of all vehicles do not get gas mileage increases. So, are we to conclude that the 15% to 60% increases in gas mileage that 90% of the vehicles get ....IS INSIGNIFICANT!? I hope you can see the error of your logic at this point. Ironically, just yesterday...a friend of mine (who is mad-dog anti-MLM by the way for no reason he can verbalize [evidently genetic]) decided in spite of his negativity..to be objective..and search the internet somewhat "thoroughly". He found that the consensus was that the fuel pills work....but that about 10% of all vehicles (no particular group or type of vehicle!) did not experience an increase! Even more interesting was the comment made as to WHY THESE CARS WERE NOT GETTING A GAS MILEAGE INCREASE! It was stated that certain cars have overly sensitive O2 sensors. The fuel pills cause the gas to be burned more efficiently....Hence the lower emissions also. When this happens...More O2 reaches the O2 sensor..causing these (overly sensitive) O2 sensors to indicate to the computer that the gas mixture is lean (more O2)...RESULTING IN THE CAR'S COMPUTER TO RICHEN THE GAS MIXTURE! Hence no increase...and sometimes a reduction even ...in the gas mileage! [BTW, my analytical friend is now VERY interested in the product...AND THE BUSINESS!]

Whadda think y'all...??? Jim

P.S. I don't know which one of you should call Scott Chandler...???....To tell him it doesn't work....and it's a SCAM!....He made $78,000 last month!...I guess he's pretty good, not only at selling this stuff that doesn't work to people to put in their cars, BUT also to get alot of 'em to sign up as distributors, too! [The only explanation I can come up with... is that they're all mainly from Alabama, like him....???? BUT MAYBE YOU SHOULD ASK HIM IF THAT'S IT!?]

HA!
Old 03-22-2006, 09:29 PM
#073 of 301

Quote:
Get banned.
Barcelona Red '93 AE #073 of 301, 168k miles.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:03 AM
SoCal SVXer

James, you sound like a late-night infomercial!

Quote:
So many of the negative comments here...about the product..AND the business plan by BioPerformance are just so much skeptical analysis with a negative twist. I'm very good at that! I was a chemistry major (B.S. degree). I was a Ph.D. candidate in Molecular Biology in graduate school. And. I graduated from U.S.C. Dental School in 1974. I mention these things because my scientific training and obvious abilities are substantial! I was "weened" on the scientific principle, approach, and critical thinking involved in such research and education. The negative comments here deserve some attention...I agree. BUT, they certainly don't point or lead to your conclusions....PERIOD! Simply, your logic and conclusions are seriously flawed!
I don't think my mistrust of unfounded claims by a MLM scheme is "seriously flawed".

Quote:
The fact that there are some disgruntled customers (distributors?) online does not lead an intelligent person to conclude that the product is worthless...and the business is a SCAM! It would be nice if everyone that uses this product got a 15% to 60% increase in gas mileage. They don't. About 10% of all vehicles do not get gas mileage increases. So, are we to conclude that the 15% to 60% increases in gas mileage that 90% of the vehicles get ....IS INSIGNIFICANT!?
How do we know if any vehicles get increases in gas mileage? It hasn't been independently verified....The only people who claim any increases at all are those trying to sell the pills! And they all sound just like you, with the classic pyramid scheme talk: 'At first I was skeptical, but then I heard that so and so made $2384823483 dollars a minute with this plan! So I tried it and GUESS WHAT, IT WORKS!'
The company itself says, and I quote, "Any and all testimonies are NOT intended directly or indirectly to guarantee you in any way with similar savings. The testimonies have not been proven in any way by BioPerformance™ , Inc. to be true, because they are simply people sharing their results from using BioPerformance™ Fuel."..."These stories are not backed by independent research, so you must evaluate them for yourself and then let us hear your own story."..."BioPerformance™ , Inc. doesn't guarantee anyone any results using the product or working the business selling BioPerformance™ Fuel. If they so desire, people can simply use the product and see first-hand what kind of results they will get."

Don't you see how preposterous that sounds? They're basically saying 'We can't tell you if our product actually works or not... buy it and see!'
What's next? Car dealers telling you 'well we don't know if the engine will actually start, but if you buy the car we'll give you the keys and you can find out for yourself'?

Quote:
I hope you can see the error of your logic at this point. Ironically, just yesterday...a friend of mine (who is mad-dog anti-MLM by the way for no reason he can verbalize [evidently genetic]) decided in spite of his negativity..to be objective..and search the internet somewhat "thoroughly". He found that the consensus was that the fuel pills work....
I have to call BS. I've searched the internet 'somewhat thoroughly' also and the only people who claim the pills work are trying to sell them. Those are not objective testimonials and there's definitely no 'consensus' that they work.

Quote:
but that about 10% of all vehicles (no particular group or type of vehicle!) did not experience an increase! Even more interesting was the comment made as to WHY THESE CARS WERE NOT GETTING A GAS MILEAGE INCREASE! It was stated that certain cars have overly sensitive O2 sensors. The fuel pills cause the gas to be burned more efficiently....Hence the lower emissions also. When this happens...More O2 reaches the O2 sensor..causing these (overly sensitive) O2 sensors to indicate to the computer that the gas mixture is lean (more O2)...RESULTING IN THE CAR'S COMPUTER TO RICHEN THE GAS MIXTURE! Hence no increase...and sometimes a reduction even ...in the gas mileage! [BTW, my analytical friend is now VERY interested in the product...AND THE BUSINESS!]
"BioPerformance" isn't about the product... it's a scheme to get the owners rich off of the poor saps who believe the unfounded claims and buy into this 'incredible opportunity' with things like the 'Area Manager $499 Fast Start Product Pack'.

Quote:

P.S. I don't know which one of you should call Scott Chandler...???....To tell him it doesn't work....and it's a SCAM!....He made $78,000 last month!...I guess he's pretty good, not only at selling this stuff that doesn't work to people to put in their cars, BUT also to get alot of 'em to sign up as distributors, too! [The only explanation I can come up with... is that they're all mainly from Alabama, like him....???? BUT MAYBE YOU SHOULD ASK HIM IF THAT'S IT!?]
You just answered your own question. If this person made money off of BioPerformance, it's because he got people to sign up under him as 'distributors'!

If Earthworm or another trusted member of this site tries out the pills and finds an actual 15-60% increase in mileage instead of a clogged fuel filter or failed fuel pump, then I'll give them a chance. Until then, there's no reason I'd put any trust in such a shady business.

Last edited by phoenix96; 03-23-2006 at 02:21 AM.