How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 02-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by NapaBavarian
Traveling internationally the first thing I do is find an english news station to get a different point of view...
What you hear on the news either here or there, is nothing. TV stations or news stations or journals over here are all politicisized (is the word correct ), I mean they are biased. You should rely more on real persons getting you the real info they want to tell people about.

For example, you know the bird flu disease right? They are saying in the media that still that disease didn't reach people. In fact there are two of them lying in one of the hospitals here but they asked the media not to publicise it for fear to cause panic between people. They say it is controlled till now. How did I know? from two separate sources from the Hospital itself. I know nurse and a reporter...

This is how you get the real news around here. You can watch our TV stations from the states, "LBC International" and "Future TV international".. but they are similar to BBC and CNN

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:17 PM
building more AK47's

Attachment 6891
My new "religion" Rastafarian "Smokin da herb will calm the soul mahn!"

Last edited by demonsvx; 02-26-2007 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:31 AM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
I 'DELETED' cnn in the FIRST Gulf war!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Matt thank you for you trust in my replies, the war in the middle east has hidden spots that don't want you or anyone in the civilized world to know about. I may be carried away in this thread by attacking the Jews, Palestinians, Druzes, Syrians, etc... pls I tell you this is an objective discussion and real true facts for what is really happening over here. Please whatever happens, just ask the offending member to edit his post the proper way or you do it yourself... but I say again, not all facts that have been advertised are true, I hope this thread stays as it is... Thanks in advance
During the first 'gulf war' , Norman came on and told us what was going on, then the IDIOTS that are cnn came on and told us 'what he said', I came to the conclusion that what they were saying had NOTHING to do with what I had just heard, and was SPIN that cnn wanted to place on the 'action'.. I promptly 'DELETED' ted turners liars, and switched to Fox for my news, (which I VERIFY, by listening to the soldiers that just came back, and the people that LIVE there!!

I understand that ,in syria, as of 5 years ago, you could BUY a Christian for $15. cash!

You are a 'CREDIBLE SOURCE' , and I thank you for setting the record straight!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 02-14-2006 at 12:34 AM.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:50 AM
Hater

oh snap! that Danish cartoon was nothing!!! LMAO!

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 02-14-2006, 02:20 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Far away in the tropical waters of the Caribbean, two prawns were swimming around in the sea - one called Justin and the other called Christian.

The prawns were constantly being harassed and threatened by sharks that patrolled the area.

Finally one day Justin said to Christian, "I'm bored and frustrated at being a prawn, I wish I was a shark, then I wouldn't have any worries about being eaten"

As Justin had his mind firmly on becoming a predator, a mysterious cod appears and says, "Your wish is granted" and lo and behold Justin turned into a shark.

Horrified, Christian immediately swam away, afraid of being eaten by his old mate.

Time went on and Justin found himself becoming bored and lonely as a shark. All his old mates simply swam away whenever he came close to them. Justin didn't realize that his new menacing appearance was the cause of his sad plight.

While out swimming alone one day he sees the mysterious cod again and can't believe his luck. Justin figured that the fish could change him back into a prawn. He begs the cod to change him back, so lo and behold, he is turned back into a prawn.

With tears of joy in his tiny little eyes, Justin swam back to his friends and bought them all a cocktail. (The punch line does not involve a prawn cocktail - it's much worse).

Looking around the gathering at the reef, he searched for his old pal. "Where's Christian?" he asked.

"He's at home distraught that his best friend changed sides to the enemy and became a shark", came the reply.

Eager to put things right again and end the mutual pain the torture, he set off to Christian's house. As he opened the coral gate the memories came flooding back. He banged on the door and shouted, "It's me, Justin, your old friend, come out and see me again."

Christian replied "No way man, you'll eat me. You're a shark, the enemy and I'll not be tricked."

Justin cried back "No, I'm not. That was the old me. I've changed. I've found Cod, I'm a prawn again Christian."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954
Old 02-14-2006, 03:50 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser
I understand that ,in syria, as of 5 years ago, you could BUY a Christian for $15. cash!

You are a 'CREDIBLE SOURCE' , and I thank you for setting the record straight!
Hmmm what you mean by in Syria you can buy a christian for $15 ??? ok what I will tell you is that during the 15 years of Syrian occupation, one million Syrian worker entered Lebanon, 99% of them were spies.. (this is common in dictatorship countries). They were either "Kaak" sellers (Kaak is a hard bread sold usually on the streets in which you can put cheeze and heat it up in the oven and eat it... tasty ) or constuction workers with labor of $10 per day ... they made many Lebanese jobless (Lebanese labor is minimum $30 per day)...

I have been the "JOKE" of many members concerning the very low labor rates over here, but I ask you, if you know any Syrian or Lebanese neighbor or friend over there just ask him if labor is expensive in my country or not... you will see that I was telling the truth all the time. All Lebanese used cars dealers go to the states to buy used cars from there, either wanting a paintjob or replacing a tranny or needs bodywork after being in a car accident. SVXfiles (Tom) knows a Lebanese guy near his place who owns a gas station and send cars to my country... you can ask him about what I am saying...

-A very expensive paintjob (without body work) costs $1100.

-Mechanics are paid by the work done and never by labor hour, except in some dealerships.

-An example of a quote, taking an engine out and put it back in the car again costs $50 as labor, no matter how many hours are required to do the job.

-Converting an auto to a manual (ex SVX) costs no more than $100 as labor.

This is how stuff works in my country, for know.

And thank you for considering me as a "credible" source of info, I cannot but claim the truth... and you can verify my statements by whatever means you want.

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:54 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
(The punch line does not involve a prawn cocktail - it's much worse).

Justin cried back "No, I'm not. That was the old me. I've changed. I've found Cod, I'm a prawn again Christian."
Oh gee, thanks for summing that all up Andy, it makes it all so clear.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Great discussion.

I would like to express my thanks to Danny and Weebitob, for a most informative and controlled discussion on a most ignitable subject. This could not happen on any other forum that I have seen. Only here on this great forum.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
death, destruction, and violence in the name of religion. see the irony?
dude, sounds like a great theme for videogame.

oh wait, they already made one...God of War.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:23 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au
I would like to express my thanks to Danny and Weebitob, for a most informative and controlled discussion on a most ignitable subject. This could not happen on any other forum that I have seen. Only here on this great forum.

Harvey.
I have been impressed as well. I have been watching to see if this thread would get out of control, and it has not. The other thing that has surprised me is that some others haven't tried to turn up the heat so it would get out of control.

(now whatch, it will go south now that I have stated this.)

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 02-14-2006, 06:37 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebitob
Yes, it is grave to smear a profit but the fact most of the profits that the Christians and Jews hold dear the Muslims do too.

profit != prophet

or could it???

more $$$ for prophets?
Old 02-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
dude, sounds like a great theme for videogame.

oh wait, they already made one...God of War.

how about "Killzone:Middle East"?

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 02-14-2006, 11:41 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Hmmm what you mean by in Syria you can buy a christian for $15 ??? ok what I will tell you is that during the 15 years of Syrian occupation, one million Syrian worker entered Lebanon, 99% of them were spies.. (this is common in dictatorship countries). They were either "Kaak" sellers (Kaak is a hard bread sold usually on the streets in which you can put cheeze and heat it up in the oven and eat it... tasty ) or constuction workers with labor of $10 per day ... they made many Lebanese jobless (Lebanese labor is minimum $30 per day)...

I have been the "JOKE" of many members concerning the very low labor rates over here, but I ask you, if you know any Syrian or Lebanese neighbor or friend over there just ask him if labor is expensive in my country or not... you will see that I was telling the truth all the time. All Lebanese used cars dealers go to the states to buy used cars from there, either wanting a paintjob or replacing a tranny or needs bodywork after being in a car accident. SVXfiles (Tom) knows a Lebanese guy near his place who owns a gas station and send cars to my country... you can ask him about what I am saying...

-A very expensive paintjob (without body work) costs $1100.

-Mechanics are paid by the work done and never by labor hour, except in some dealerships.

-An example of a quote, taking an engine out and put it back in the car again costs $50 as labor, no matter how many hours are required to do the job.

-Converting an auto to a manual (ex SVX) costs no more than $100 as labor.

This is how stuff works in my country, for know.

And thank you for considering me as a "credible" source of info, I cannot but claim the truth... and you can verify my statements by whatever means you want.
I was told that the Christians are sold into slavery for as low as $15. ( Fact or Fiction),, I want to verify what has been 'put forth' by certain media here.

As far as 'really cheap labor',,, I changed a transmission once for the 'hourly rate,' and ended up getting $30. because I worked FAST!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 02-14-2006 at 11:43 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:24 AM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
profit != prophet

or could it???

more $$$ for prophets?
Well, either way a newspaper columnist cartoonist working for any press company virtually anywhere has to make a profit, even if that means smearing a prophet.

Sorry about the spelling and grammar errors there.

As for Israeli troops directly working along with not only the Maronite Lebanese Militias but also Syrian troops I highly doubt not because I think that Israelis would never work with Syrians but because your typical Syrian would want to work with an Israeli. However, even though I do believe that the IDF did provide artilary support for the militias it seems they were on a need not to know basis on what exactly the militia were doing, they simply hired them to do a job and never told them how to accomplish it. But that still makes it a new low or large scare on Israel's reputation which will probably never be removed. As for Israelis electing a monster for their latest prime minister, I guess they figured it takes one to know one (as in one militarist influenced governing body dealing with another) and somehow considering the current situation I actually agree. However, if you provide for me an article or more detailed account of how Israel more closely worked with the Maronite Militia then my opinion maybe swayed on that issue.

Last edited by Weebitob; 02-15-2006 at 01:48 AM.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:46 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au

Harvey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele
I have been impressed as well. I have been watching to see if this thread would get out of control, and it has not. The other thing that has surprised me is that some others haven't tried to turn up the heat so it would get out of control.

(now whatch, it will go south now that I have stated this.)
Thanks guys, I was hoping to discuss the subject even further...

Let me tell you more about my life history: I was born in Chouf district of Lebanon in 1979. In 1981 the civil war began, on one side the Christians and the other side the muslims and druzes. The Chouf area withstand the heaviest battles and a lot of people became homeless, including us. I still remember little bits of it, my dad grabing me from that small uphill (where I was playing), my shoe falling on the floor, then flee towards Beirut in a car... This is what I remember from this time.

In the Chouf area, the Kouwwat (Christian Militias) were arming the christians to fight against the Druzes (Ichtiraki party). But the latters were more organized, had more heavy weapons and amunition and they were backed by the Muslim Sunnis. But though my hometown managed to sustain 92 killings in the Druzes and 3 from our hometown
(2 old timers and one young man captured and executed on the spot). This is why there was a crudge against my hometown after the peace began in 1990 for us to get back to it. We were back in 1999, 9 years after many people got back to theirs..

In 1989-1990, there were two wars again, one in between Christians and the other between Christians and Syrians... When the Syrians entered the country they were so afraid they were shooting on everybody and everyone they can see... civilians, military, dogs, cats, trees......... they were shaking with fear... they captured individuals in the Lebanese Army and instead of imprisoning them, they executed them also on the spot. Recently we discovered the remainings of 13 army officials in the front yard of the Ministry of Defense (What and irony) as well as a mass burial of civilians (some of them were pregnant women and kids...) in Anjar area (where the Syrians took it as a base there)
They amounted to 200 till now... and we are still digging for more

When the Syrians entered Beirut suburbs, and precisely the town where I live now, we were hiding at my uncles' underground hideout (more like a neat basement). When things settled down, my dad decided to go check on our house (5th floor and was in the range of fire) which was 4 mins away, he went in our 280ZX at the time and went to see our building hit by two 155mm shells, one went in the second floor and the other in the parking lot behind the building. Shells bits were all over our balcony and we sustained few broken windows and a damaged old style sofa...All seemed clear to my dad, se he went back to my uncle's place, took us (mom, my sis and me) and while we were heading back home to clean it up, we were surprised by a Syrian guy with an AK, but he didn't see us as he was turning his back and he was far around 150 meters.... so my dad backed slowly with no surprise moves until we reached a small road on our right... I saw then death in my eyes, that guy turned quickly with his AK in his hands, I saw my dad put the first gear and he drove like hell towards that road, the syrian shooted at us but but never hit us... Frankly I pissed in my pants, and from that day I saw my first white hair in my head

My country is based on wars and corruption. Can anybody tell me how a country managed from 1990 till 2006 to increase our debt from 2 billion to 45 billion US dollars, while we still have no clean roads, no traffic rules and regulations, no clear plans for agriculture, trading, industry....etc. Syrians was sucking dry 40% of our airport, beirut cargo port and Casino's revenues (those are the major ones...) and our officials are also getting their share from it. How can a country with 10,452Km2 area have that huge amount of debt ??? and you ask how labor is that cheap over here???

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: