Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 10-27-2005, 03:57 PM

Shifter lights not always working

Sometimes when I turn on my lights at night, the shifter lights that indicate PRND321 dont light up. Generally, if I turn my car lights on and off once or twice, or push the shifter forward to park firmly, they will come back on. But in the mean time, its kind of annoying. Its not a big deal, but what could it be? Probably just bad wiring, but I want to see what everyone else thinks.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:29 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
Check my locker for pics on this. Mine never worked at all when I bought my car. The reason was the connector on the back of the instrument cluster fried my printing board that connected to the lights. I bought a new connector piece and still have a spare one at home. I fixed the problem by buying a new working instrument cluster from a certain seller at the time.
It does sound like you have a short somewhere or a bad ground too.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:08 AM

I looked in your locker, and I think that were talking about 2 different things. It looks like the shift indicator lights you are talking about are the ones directly in front of you on the dashboard. The ones im talking about are the ones on the center console, next to my right leg. But thanks for the help.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:30 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
You may be able to get at the light by removing the shifter surround. There's a more thorough walkthrough involving removing the console for more room located in the SVXipedia on http://svx-iw.com (search for "console shift" without the quotes).
Old 10-31-2005, 04:39 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwd1985
I looked in your locker, and I think that were talking about 2 different things. It looks like the shift indicator lights you are talking about are the ones directly in front of you on the dashboard. The ones im talking about are the ones on the center console, next to my right leg. But thanks for the help.
Yep. You didn't specify which indicators. I thought obviously the ones in front of me.