Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southwest Region
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 03:07 AM
Kiteless

Roo: Please post as much infomation about this run as you can, I had something up in Modesto that I was going to go to that is non car related, but I think I would rather join you guys. My SVX is not the prettiest it has been, but she is ready for some twisties. We need to get some more SVX's down to this, while i will settle for only 2 I would like to see at least 4. Come on guys and gals, lets do this!

Please let us know where it starts, when and where we will be ending up. Thanks,

- Jason

P.S. - You may also want to post something on the "Upcoming meets" section.

Last edited by Kiteless; 08-05-2005 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Forgot to add somehting, duh.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXcellent
So is anything going on this weekend?

Or Kiteless, maybe you should just plan something regardless of everyone else. You had the balls to start this thread, so I still think it's your call. I hope some other folks agree! I'll definitely try to make it to whatever happens.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Kiteless

Exclamation SVX MEET ON SEPTEMBER 3rd.

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to make the car meet thast Roo is talking about. Not enough details so close to the event anyway. It was my mistake to be all wishy-washy about the meet details.

This meet is going to happen on September 3rd at beutiful Lake Elizabeth, also called Fremont Central Park. The even starts at noon.

You can see the exact location thanks to the amazing Google Maps.

Click to see Google Map. Look in the center for the lake.

Fremont also has a web site on this park here:

Click here to go to the official web site for this park.

We will hang for an hour or two, how ever long we want, and then drive down as a group to East Ridge Mall in San Jose, CA. Mainly just to shake hands and part ways. I chose this location because it has a BIIIIG parking lot.

The address is
1 Eastridge Mall
San Jose, CA 95122

Link to the Google Maps.

It does not exactly say Eastridge Mall but it is in the middle where Tully & E. Capitol Expy meet.

So I guess that is about it. I would like to do this at least once every 3 months or so. If that is too frequent, then what about twice a year? The destination would chance every single time, but I would like to keep starting it at Lake Elizabeth for now.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

- Jason

PLEASE RSVP. I will be supplying soda and snacks, but will not know how much to bring unless everybody RSVP's for me. Of course, please feel free to bring some stuff to share as well.

Last edited by Kiteless; 08-10-2005 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Typos up the yang!
Old 08-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

Cool. That gives me time to wash my car.

I wonder how many people will be around that weekend (Labor Day weekend and all that).

-Matt
Old 08-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Kiteless

Oh that is Labor Day Weekend!? Hmm that could go ether way. I only chose that weekend because it is the first one that I have free. Well I am going to keep to that weekend for now, but would be willing to push it back one more week if it turns out to be an issue. Thanks for letting me know about that.

- Jason
Old 08-15-2005, 01:45 AM
Kiteless

Hey Matt,

Well I am dissapointed by the lack of responses. Sounds like it might just be me and you. I would post a notification in the main forums but the admins just delete it or move it because it is "off topic".

Matt, you know any other SVX'ers out there that would want to meet up? Thanks,

- Jason
Old 08-15-2005, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiteless
Hey Matt,

Well I am dissapointed by the lack of responses. Sounds like it might just be me and you. I would post a notification in the main forums but the admins just delete it or move it because it is "off topic".

Matt, you know any other SVX'ers out there that would want to meet up? Thanks,

- Jason
Yeah I know how you feel . I can't get much down here in the south either . I would love to come up and meet you guys ,but I can't really be gone from home for more than the day! Too much going on with the new house! Maybe we can meet halfway and have a nice little showing I'd be in but right now I can only commit for a day meet (not a weekend outing thing) Let me know
Old 08-15-2005, 10:22 AM

Hey Jason,

I'm not sure whether the Bay Area folks do not check in very often or if they are just not interested. Wes (blk97lsi) will be up for a meet. He doesn't check in here too often. His car is really sweet and in great condition. Wish the same caould be said of mine. We usually meet in downtown SJ for a beer every month or so. I'll let you you next time we do and we can have a mini-meet then.

-Matt
Old 08-15-2005, 08:54 PM

I agree. Nobody ever seems to reply...or at least they don't reply to me!
I'm still game for a meet as long as the drive isn't too far / long. Still gotta replace those tires soon. If you guys have decided on a day for the meet, let me know.

-Ken
Old 08-16-2005, 02:04 PM

beer run

Jason and Ken,

Wes (blk97lsi) and I are going to meet for a beer after work on Friday if you want to join us. BJ's Brewhouse in Cupertino (280 and DeAnza) around 6:00ish. Let me know.

-Matt

Last edited by nordique14; 08-16-2005 at 02:25 PM. Reason: changed location
Old 08-17-2005, 12:46 AM
Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique14
Jason and Ken,

Wes (blk97lsi) and I are going to meet for a beer after work on Friday if you want to join us. BJ's Brewhouse in Cupertino (280 and DeAnza) around 6:00ish. Let me know.

-Matt
Hey I would love to go, but I am camping this weekend, going there straight from work on Friday. Please keep me posted thought for the next one Matt you still got my phone number?

SVXcellent: Please look further down in this thread for all the details of the meet I have scheduled for Labor Day weekend. Even if it is just 3 SVX's that is better than 2 or, just one. Not like I am going to go to a meet that I setup if no one else is going to be there.

94svxred: Well it is just a Saturday meet. Mid day. If you have not done so already please look further down in this thread for all the details about the meet. It is Labor Day weekend.

- Jason
Old 08-17-2005, 10:58 PM

Hey guys,

I won't be able to make it this Friday either. I've got plans as well. Thanks for the invite though. As for the meet on Sept 3rd, does that mean that's the definite date? I will try to attend, but I may be busy that weekend cuz it's a friend's birthday on the 4th. I'll let you know if anything changes, but put me down for now! Thanks!

-Ken
Old 08-23-2005, 12:27 AM
Kiteless

Well it is sounding like it is going to be 3 or 4 people at the most. My friend is going to attend as well. He drives a V6 Tiberon, but he can talk engines and cars about 509000 times better than me.

Yes this is a set date. I do not expect a huge turn out. But who knows. For those of you reading this for the first time, all the details for the meet are in this thread.

Please RSVP by PM'ing me directly. I am willing to still hold this if even 1 other person shows up, but I would like to see at least 2 or 3 SVX owners there besides myself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
(REPOST OF MEET DETAILS)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to make the car meet thast Roo is talking about. Not enough details so close to the event anyway. It was my mistake to be all wishy-washy about the meet details.

This meet is going to happen on September 3rd at beutiful Lake Elizabeth, also called Fremont Central Park. The even starts at noon.

You can see the exact location thanks to the amazing Google Maps.

Click to see Google Map. Look in the center for the lake.

Fremont also has a web site on this park here:

Click here to go to the official web site for this park.

We will hang for an hour or two, how ever long we want, and then drive down as a group to East Ridge Mall in San Jose, CA. Mainly just to shake hands and part ways. I chose this location because it has a BIIIIG parking lot.

The address is
1 Eastridge Mall
San Jose, CA 95122

Link to the Google Maps.

It does not exactly say Eastridge Mall but it is in the middle where Tully & E. Capitol Expy meet.

So I guess that is about it. I would like to do this at least once every 3 months or so. If that is too frequent, then what about twice a year? The destination would chance every single time, but I would like to keep starting it at Lake Elizabeth for now.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

- Jason

PLEASE RSVP. I will be supplying soda and snacks, but will not know how much to bring unless everybody RSVP's for me. Of course, please feel free to bring some stuff to share as well.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:32 PM

My car is currently making funky noises, but that is nothing new. I should be able to make it.

-Matt
Old 08-26-2005, 04:02 PM
Kiteless

Sounds good. It looks like it is going to be a small meet. But I figure this is the first of many. I would like to meet up at least once or twice a year. We will go from there. Labor Day weekend grows nearer. See you folks on Saturday (The 3rd).

- Jason