Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 04-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Hater

test drove a Legacy GT today and was pretty impressed. dare i say its a better tourer than the SVX? i will.

its VERY smooth. i was doing over 80mph before i looked down at the speedo and said "****!" i'll have to watch the speedo on that thing, or i'll be accumulating speeding tickets like crazy. it was a little more smoothness and luxury than i'm used to, but i guess i'll deal. i like a stiffer suspension and a more raw feel, but i need to compromise with Mrs. Shark, because she did with the WRX.... i'll deal with the suspension after i gets a Cobb Accessport and a turboback exhaust.

i guess this is my next car. as MUCH as i'd like an STi, in reality the harsh ride and dealing with traffic would get tiresome after a while. am i getting old?

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 04-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Unstoppable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
test drove a Legacy GT today and was pretty impressed. dare i say its a better tourer than the SVX? i will.

its VERY smooth. i was doing over 80mph before i looked down at the speedo and said "****!" i'll have to watch the speedo on that thing, or i'll be accumulating speeding tickets like crazy. it was a little more smoothness and luxury than i'm used to, but i guess i'll deal. i like a stiffer suspension and a more raw feel, but i need to compromise with Mrs. Shark, because she did with the WRX.... i'll deal with the suspension after i gets a Cobb Accessport and a turboback exhaust.

i guess this is my next car. as MUCH as i'd like an STi, in reality the harsh ride and dealing with traffic would get tiresome after a while. am i getting old?
Autotragic? Did they manage to fix that tiny little lag on shifts?

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
-George Carlin
Old 04-16-2005, 05:07 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by upnygimp
didn't notice any lag - i was wringing it out, too.
i think i made the guy a little nervous. Mrs. Shark gave me the "settle down" look a few times. i just wanted to make sure i would be happy with it, and i was.

Old 04-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Weasel 22

Quote:
i think i made the guy a little nervous. Mrs. Shark gave me the "settle down" look a few times. i just wanted to make sure i would be happy with it, and i was.
decided to live with the oem stereo issue eh? the Legacy GT is one sweet ride..im slightly envious
Old 04-16-2005, 05:47 PM
Unstoppable

Quote:
It occurs just after the car shifts.....its just a split second and then the power hits like a ton of bricks again, but it was noticable on the car when my parents were looking for a new car around the end of August...maybe they've flashed the ECU since then.

When we were test driving the Mazda6s, I drove it and the salesman was in the back seat....he made the comment that I was actually driving the car hard like it was meant to be driven, and people usually dont do that on test drives. This was before he realized that it was my parents in the market and not me, so who knows if that had any effect, but I was definitely pushing it harder than normal. Not squealing the tires hard, but definitely not like I was driving a car with only 8 miles on it.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
-George Carlin
Old 04-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Hater

Quote:
It occurs just after the car shifts.....its just a split second and then the power hits like a ton of bricks again, but it was noticable on the car when my parents were looking for a new car around the end of August...maybe they've flashed the ECU since then.
nah. like i said, very very smooth. i'm used to the SVX w/stebro and shift kit. the LGT was smooth as butter. almost disturbingly smooth.

Quote:
When we were test driving the Mazda6s, I drove it and the salesman was in the back seat....he made the comment that I was actually driving the car hard like it was meant to be driven, and people usually dont do that on test drives. This was before he realized that it was my parents in the market and not me, so who knows if that had any effect, but I was definitely pushing it harder than normal. Not squealing the tires hard, but definitely not like I was driving a car with only 8 miles on it.
hey, if i'm spending that much loot, i'm "checking it out".

Old 04-16-2005, 07:01 PM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX
Quote:

alan, i'm glad to hear you've come to your senses. it is truly a big boy's car.

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles
Old 04-16-2005, 07:05 PM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX
Quote:
jeremy, you just got a bad one. or maybe it was your driving habits. i have very little turbo lag now that i know how to drive it.

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles
Old 04-16-2005, 07:13 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
As I was test driving a forester XT the salesman told me to wring it out. It had about 50 miles on it. I told him I didn't think that was a good idea and he said not to worry, the techs go through them quite well and it would be fine. I still felt bad about it but I had to see how she pulled.

I remember the legacy GT being very quick around 20mph - it would just take off even at about 1/4 throttle like it was on crack. It definitely had a kick in the pants around town.
What I didn't like was the passing power - or lack of it. It just didn't seem to kick me in the ass on the highway. I was really expecting the car to throw me back in the seat - maybe I was expecting too much though. I really thought this was going to feel like a V8 with the hot turbo. I'm sure they have plenty of power but it was kind of like when you go to see the grudge after all the hype and then it ends up sucking. I tried the autoshift out but didn't like it that much. Felt about the same as the autostick in my in-laws passat. They are very fine cars though. I think with an ecutek tune, catback, and some minor suspension mods they would be an awesome car that would challenge my will to keep the svx.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:46 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
He he he... If you get the 5EAT Legacy GT, the 5spd '04 Forester XT I'll be getting will be fastAr!!!

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 04-16-2005, 07:51 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
He he he... If you get the 5EAT Legacy GT, the 5spd '04 Forester XT I'll be getting will be fastAr!!!

-Chike
Meh, Vin Diesel could outrun both of them.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:55 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby
Meh, Vin Diesel could outrun both of them.

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 04-16-2005, 09:18 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel 22
decided to live with the oem stereo issue eh? the Legacy GT is one sweet ride..im slightly envious
well, there's a thing coming out by JL Audio next month called the Clean Sweep that allows amp output and auxilliary inputs to factory radios, so i can at least get my powered sub box and MP3 player in there.

http://www.jlaudio.com/press/CleanSweep05.html

what's kinda cool is, the VP of JL Audio has a Legacy GT and posts on LegacyGT.com.

Last edited by Landshark; 04-16-2005 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd

-Chike
considering i'm paying cash for it and money i get from selling the SVX will go to mods......i don't think so. say hello to Stage II +.

i'll also have a nice warm ass with teh heated seats this winter. you will be one fast lesbian, however. wear your flannel.

Old 04-16-2005, 11:05 PM
Weasel 22

Quote:
well, there's a thing coming out by JL Audio next month called the Clean Sweep that allows amp output and auxilliary inputs to factory radios, so i can at least get my powered sub box and MP3 player in there.

http://www.jlaudio.com/press/CleanSweep05.html

what's kinda cool is, the VP of JL Audio has a Legacy GT and posts on LegacyGT.com.
hot damn you're set then

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: